Deleted

Best friends with Nat Pagle, which is faster: Lunkers or MoP rare fish?

As title states, I wanna bestie Nat Pagle and as fast as possible :P. Don't care about coins or anything, those I got.

As fast as possible? Both

You can do the MoP dailies and the lunkers. You need five lunkers to get roughly the amount of reputation that three dailies give, so unless you get super lucky you'll get more rep faster from the dailies. But given that there is no cap on the lunkers, you can get more rep in likely more time spent by that method
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

Deleted
    Well you can only get 3 rare fish per day from Pandaria but lunkers are endless. I sat and farmed lunkers like a madman (make sure you got trading post level 3 for bonus reputation) and it took me... quite a while.

If you just want to do the MoP dailies you're probably gonna be at like 30 minutes per day for weeks

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lunkers. Fish them at pools in Nagrand, minimal travel time between those.

If you want to pace yourself, 10 Lunkers a day, 8 days of Nat Dailies in MoP should get you Best Friend.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least you can watch a movie or something fishing for lunkers. With Molten Front you sort of have to pay attention to the game.

Best place for lunkers imo, is where the river ends in Spires of Arak. Plenty of sea scorpion pools in a small area. That's where I knocked out my rep gain last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownload View Post
    Best place for lunkers imo, is where the river ends in Spires of Arak. Plenty of sea scorpion pools in a small area. That's where I knocked out my rep gain last week.
    I concur. Lots of pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Blownload View Post
    And I guess you can turn them into Healing Potions...

my 2 cent, I had no difference in time between lunkers when fishing in pools vs fishing in open water. it took me roughly 12 hours to fish all 120 lunkers and I just fished them right outside the garrison harbor. this was my 2nd time, first time I fished pools and I averaged the same 10 lunkers/hour. both with +400 fishing.

15 an hour is actually pretty great. I'll give it a shot at some point-- still have 2 weeks of rep left with pandaland dailies.

Yeah, coins in a garrison fishing group come in extremely fast, plus as you noted chance at the mounts. So for me, I just need the rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lunkers are pretty common now, and they don't cap at 5. I'd go with them If I wasn't already best friends.

Is it much faster in pools than open water?

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Is it much faster in pools than open water?
    I think more likely from pools, but the availability of them is what will determine if it is any quicker or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I don't remember much about open-world fishing. But the raid fishing with the cavedwellers offers a chance at a LOT of primal spirits.

Since I'm planning on upgrading the crafted pants/chest (maybe a trinket?) of my newly-90+ lowbie alt, that's about 135 blood I'll need, x50 primal spirit. And I have four more alts to level...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sea Scorpion farming all along the east coast of Spires of Arak is the best farming spot for lunkers; make sure to join a garrison fishing group for a few minutes though so you can get +100 rod and hat and plenty of worm supreme.

- - - Updated - - -

I average 15 lunkers per hour fishing in pools in Spires of Arak
    A shameless bump, but I've been fishing all about the entire day now.

I don't get that yield from the east coast of Spires. However, the pools in Tanaan at Ruins of Kra'nak and then the puddles in the Fel lava around HFC got me between 15-20 lunkers per hour. It's quite a departure from Spires where I've done sweeps of the entire coastline until the south point of the area without a lunker. Last night I got 3-4 lunkers on average per hour there, with 1020 fishing skill.