Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Me too. You enjoy yourself up there.

I hope you are not eaten by any bears.
    Bull moose have been known to kill bears during the rutting season.(moose mating season, they get so hostile during it, it got its own special name.)
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Much better than other countries where they go free. That won't be tolerated in Canada.
    6 years lolololol

Only 6 fucking years, I wonder if he'll get a personal therapy yoga lesson from Justin.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/03...son-guards-say

"Prisoners are allowed to bring in $2,500 worth of personal items when they first arrive and have weekly access to a canteen to purchase more."

"As for TV, inmates pay their own cable, but it’s capped at 60 cents a day — if only the rest of us had a cable bill so low."

"Private Family Visiting, even killers like Magnotta have access to a cottage, can order groceries and play house with their visitors for up to 72 hours, every two months. “It’s like being on vacation,” says Frank, “except for the fence around the cabin.”
    “They have wired up PlayStations, everyone’s got a flat-screen TV and the extra speakers wired in. They’ve got everything, anything you could want. It’s absolutely perfect,” explains Jim. “It’s like summer camp.”
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2016-07-29 at 10:33 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    6 years lolololol

Only 6 fucking years, I wonder if he'll get a personal therapy yoga lesson from Justin.
    What do you propose he should have for a sentence?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/03...son-guards-say

"Prisoners are allowed to bring in $2,500 worth of personal items when they first arrive and have weekly access to a canteen to purchase more."

"As for TV, inmates pay their own cable, but it’s capped at 60 cents a day — if only the rest of us had a cable bill so low."

"Private Family Visiting, even killers like Magnotta have access to a cottage, can order groceries and play house with their visitors for up to 72 hours, every two months. “It’s like being on vacation,” says Frank, “except for the fence around the cabin.”
    “They have wired up PlayStations, everyone’s got a flat-screen TV and the extra speakers wired in. They’ve got everything, anything you could want. It’s absolutely perfect,” explains Jim. “It’s like summer camp.”
    Sounds pretty shitty to me. You know with being unable to leave and all. I sure as fuck wouldn't want to trade my current life for it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Americans have trouble understanding that prisons in many developed countries aren't about dumping cattle in a concrete bunker and making their lives torturous shit for their entire sentence.

We do have some harsh prisons but most of them aren't because our prisons are about rehabilitation, not life-long cycles punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayse View Post
    Americans have trouble understanding that prisons in many developed countries aren't about dumping cattle in a concrete bunker and making their lives torturous shit for their entire sentence.

We do have some harsh prisons but most of them aren't because our prisons are about rehabilitation, not life-long cycles punishment.
    ^^ this

plus he's in the Archambault Institute, a mininum to medium security prison in Quebec. On the same lot is the Regional Reception Center and the Special Handling Unit, which are both maxsec/super max and not at all similar to the minsec/medsec facilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayse View Post

I think a lot of those issues are from the privatization of prisons. Many losing education and support options well behind bars because it hurt the business' bottom line.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    I think a lot of those issues are from the privatization of prisons. Many losing education and support options well behind bars because it hurt the business' bottom line.
    That and the absurd overcrowding of facilities D:

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As pretty much everyone else has pointed out, charges are filed and sentences ruled on based on what the defendant thought they were doing, not what they actually did.

If I set up a dummy in my favorite chair, and you sneak up behind it and shoot it in the head, you're probably going to prison for attempted murder, and it doesn't matter that it was a dummy you shot. What matters is that you thought it was me. In this case, the cop saw Yatim was down, and chose to keep firing, to kill him, and there was no justification for that, hence the sentence. The only way "desecration of a corpse" would make any sense as the charge is if you're saying the officer KNEW Yatim was dead at the time he opened fire.

I was kinda half thinking out loud there(not completely serious)... (but if, say there was no doubt the person was dead, first bullet took most of his head off, then waited and shot again them I wonder if the charge would be the same) - *hmm wonder how much time is between attempted murder and corpse abuse.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2016-07-30 at 03:09 AM.

its happening EVERYWHERE NOW! its in canada not just america.

this article makes no sense and if the guy hit him in the heart at 3 shots wtf he shooting 6 more. was there something else to this story why was he shooting him in the first place..... Bomb???

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Great to see justice from our Judiciary.

Compared to what's going on in other countries, it makes me really pleased to be a Canadian.
    6 years is hardly justice for shooting someone 3 times.

- - - Updated - - -

In Florida, you get 5 years just for threatening someone while carrying a gun. Shooting someone 3 times would be like 25-40 years. In Japan it would be the death penalty.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    6 years is hardly justice for shooting someone 3 times.

- - - Updated - - -

In Florida, you get 5 years just for threatening someone while carrying a gun. Shooting someone 3 times would be like 25-40 years. In Japan it would be the death penalty.
    Shooting 3 times was deemed justified. He's not getting 6 years for shooting someone 3 times, he gettings 6 years for the 6 shots afterwards. The 6 shots that didn't kill him. If those 6 shots didn't kill him it's not murder, it's attempted murder.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)