Survival Hunter is confusing me

I just came back after about 2 months off from ACTUALLY playing my hunter (Besides Garrison simulator) And the new spec is rather confusing. I feel the rotation is clunky at times. I used Icyveins site to get an understanding and put it into use on an LFR. I get into one and im 1 of 5 hunters... the other 4 are MM. As we start pulls, im noticing Im falling rather short in DPS to the other 4. I cant tell if the spec itself is lacking compared to the other 2, the rotation is off, or im not understanding the rotation.

What is everyone else seeing so far in live?

Deleted
    MM is just way better on live, in legion with artifacts'n stuff idk how specs will end up comparing but Fury of the Eagle is really crucial for SV

Deleted
    A lot of specs require their artifacts to work , I wouldn't worry about it , it gets better in Legion.

DPS right now is not going to be reflective of performance in Legion, for the most part- not only are Artifacts a big factor in the rotation and throughput for many specs, the current tier bonuses and trinkets from HFC favor some specs far more than others- MM is one of these, as instant cast aimed shots from their 4-set is a huge boon.

It's hard to say right now just how things will end up shaking out at level 110 in Legion, and I wouldn't worry about your DPS right now.

as others have said, MM just so happens to be better now with both the gear offered and the lack of artifacts (the specs aren't tuned for pre-Legion, but for when artifacts open up later, hopefully)

if you insist on playing SV, whack the target dummies for a good 10 mins and you'll figure it out. it's basically a priority system with you spamming Mongoose Bite when it has 3 stacks (ideally sync it up with cd's) and spamming it as many times during Mongoose Fury, outside of that, you prioritize everything else. the spec is a little overwhelming at first with all the buttons you needa hit and all the numbers counting down:]
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    DPS right now is not going to be reflective of performance in Legion, for the most part- not only are Artifacts a big factor in the rotation and throughput for many specs, the current tier bonuses and trinkets from HFC favor some specs far more than others- MM is one of these, as instant cast aimed shots from their 4-set is a huge boon.

It's hard to say right now just how things will end up shaking out at level 110 in Legion, and I wouldn't worry about your DPS right now.
    Actually no, 4pc is not that good since you already had downtime without 4pc and the fact that GCD is 1.5 seconds now. At 100, the gap between SW and the other choices is much smaller %-wise than at 110 because of this.

So at best you are removing 0.5 seconds of the cast time and doing damage instantly(which helps with Priority targets I guess) rather than when you can queue up your next ability.