Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on two teams at work right now, 3 of my 9 co-workers are Iranian.

My hairdresser is Lebanese.

My ex-fiance is Israeli, and an ex-GF is Turkish.

So yea - I associate with them daily and get along with them just fine
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I lived in a building with pretty much all Turkish grad students when I started my undergrad. I grew up with Pakistani and Saudi friends. One of my co-workers is Turkish. My dad is Armenian (sort of middle eastern, depending on your definition). Also, a lot of my neighbors are Muslim (mostly Lebanese, I think?). There's a really pretty Muslim Community Center that I jog by a lot, and I think a decent portion of the attendees are ex-pats.

Iranians i have met are very nice and decent, and so are the Lebanese but Many Turkish people are pretty arrogant. But most of these people are highly educated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Some are good, some are bad.
    Yup.

Just like the people in my own country. I only asscociate with respectful people. As long you're not a douchebag, I have no problem talking to anyone.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

A number of my co-workers are Middle Eastern and I have a few neighbors that are from the Middle East. Of the two families across the street, literally across the street from my house, one seems to be religious (not sure to which degree) and the other is completely secular. They have all been rather nice and agreeable people- they even showed up at the block party last weekend to hang out; and I have seen the family that are directly across from my house at the local street fairs and so on.

When I lived in Florida and New York I had much more Middle Eastern neighbors than I do now. ME people are not as plentiful in my current neighborhood as East Asians, Asians (Indian, Pakistani, Turkish) and Jews frankly. A little ways from my neighborhood is mostly Italian and Polish ethnicity as 'Little Italy' borders my township and 'Ukrainian Village' is about mile from Elmwood/'Little Italy'.

Middle Eastern coworkers I interact with like daily. Everyone is cool- as is usual.

I never met or interacted with a Middle Eastern person who was a jerk or hostile ever.

Deleted
    Nope, don't know any.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of my best friends is a Turkish muslim. So yeah.

One of the best and most moral people I've ever met.

There's an old Indian guy who comes to my gym, he seems cool. A good friend married a Turkish girl, so I guess I know her too. I've worked for a few... You know, this list is going to get long. Yes, I suppose I do.

I would hang out with a Sikh any day.

From my understanding they are extremely laid back.

Down here in Georgia though don't really run into many ME people, unless you count the cliche gas station clerks / owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    How else am I supposed to get baklava?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

A friend of mine is Israeli, we met when she was in Chicago doing study abroad. She had some interesting stories about growing up in Israel...and she only had good things to say about the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a Pakistani and an Afghan, both are very nice guys.

Chaldeans sure, really good people most of the time. Not interested in the others.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I know a Pakistani and an Afghan, both are very nice guys.
    Neither are Middle East (*).

(*) Middle East countries:

Bahrain
    Cyprus
    Egypt
    Iran
    Iraq
    Israel
    Jordan
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Oman
    Palestine
    Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Syria
    Turkey
    United Arab Emirates
    Yemen
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-07-29 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    So its people that wear it for a fashion statement then? I don't think i'd like to associate with them either...
    Many people wear these things because they feel like they should or their religion states that they should. Say Jew with a yamaka or Sikh wearing a turban or dastar, they do it because they are required to. Keep pushing your preconceptions and assumptions on why people do the things they do. Why know when you can just guess.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    yea, in uni theres a group of 6 of us that regularly work together, 3 are muslim and i work with 2 muslims at my job.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Where do you live? You're pretty unlikely to find hardcore religious anything in the western world unless you go to select areas like Birmingham in the UK.
    I live in Munich, my family (where I grew up) lives in a small town about 30 miles away.

Yes a bunch. Seems a strange way of asking the question. Do you not?

7+ Year Old Account
    I live in a sketchy neighborhood currently. Few live near me. Don't exactly pay them any mind. I just keep to myself.

I associate with many middle eastern and brown skinned people. I don't with muslims.