Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gore- Post Patch Help

Admittedly, we're coming back after a long break and rebuilding due to a guild breakup, we're still struggling to recruit so we're pugging. We put good attempts back in Jan/Feb when we were a stronger guild. We stepped back in this week and did decently on the first few bosses and then Gore wall blocked us hard.
    Our core group consists of the tanks/heals/ and some fantastic dps, and I'm sure most of the issues with our pulls were pugs breaking out folks too early but I wanted to ask for some help on this. We tried both the old strat of having someone break out the souls (our warrior, druid for backup) but we had issues with them coming out too fast. We gave in the 3rd attempt (had some pugs drop and had to stand around and wait for people) and decided to do the yolo strat and ignore inside mechanics and just burn adds. We got to feast but most were dead so that didn't work for us sadly.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...qQnLZ#fight=17

Our logs ^

Any tips? We want to beat this bastard.. our guild blew up over some stress due to this big undead jerk and I'd like my core folks who stayed to have the satisfaction of killing him.
    My AMAZING siggy by: Shyama!!

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=160

Just as an example. Theres a lot more passive cleave from classes now. Bottom line is if you want decent control people have to dump their souls in a "retard proof" spot to prevent this cleave.

I'm sure some groups can just power through to the feast (if you focus adds 100%) but gore atm is probably one of the harder bosses in there now.

I considered that as well, wondering if say by the stairs or back center would be a good spot and having a ranged handle it. I worry about doom well placement but if I can get them to place against the other walls it may work.

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

I try with my guild gorefiend 1 week ago and i noticed is bugged, inside the stomach only the the Big Add (Spirit) have the Debuff Demoralized (hfc nerf). So inside construct for dps and essence for healer can't be killed like before the pre-patch for the nerf of 30% to healing and dps and same essence /construct now will always come outside. I think the strats kill them all outsided with cleave and noone enter inside is better until blizzard fix it, if they fix it. Remember that the big add (spirit) can leave the stomach at full life and essence must be killed asap. You need a lot of dps, and fire mage, with this tacts
    Last edited by Blackheart87; 2016-07-29 at 07:12 AM.

there is no strat required for gorefiend anymore.

just break everyone out instantly, and have dps only kills adds until feast. then you lust and kill the boss.

just make sure everyone is killing adds, because if you got to the feast and most people were dead chances are people are still tunneling into the boss :P

also, you dont need 4 healers. we used 2.

Quote Originally Posted by sage View Post

just break everyone out instantly, and have dps only kills adds until feast. then you lust and kill the boss.

just make sure everyone is killing adds, because if you got to the feast and most people were dead chances are people are still tunneling into the boss :P

I'm sure that's the case for Mythic geared teams, but we took a long break after some drama and are trying to get rebuilt. Our healers are great, but 2 healing is pushing it.

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

Deleted
    no strat required [..] break everyone [..] we used 2.
    You did it with a guild that has nothing to do with OP's level.

First off, OP's guild clearly isn't at this level.

Second, you used *three* healers both resets. Using 2 is theoretically doable, but it requires one to be a shaman with ankh ready, because Gorefiend will munch up 2x healers at a time, and if no healers without debuff is available, he'll just kill healers with the debuff off. This means that with only 2x healers, you'd be solohealing half of the encounter without a shaman, cos you've only got one battle ress that early on.

3 Healing means all 3 healers can be alive for the entire encounter, as only one will die the second time they get sent inside, and he can be ressed. So that's likely why you're using 3 - they might not all be *doing* something (you took a 733 pally that might have been a carry this week), but using only 2 isn't worth it compared to 3.

yea, i meant to say 3!

looking at their logs, most of them are 730+ and aren't dpsing adds.

judging by numbers, most of them probably have little to no idea what to do since the prepatch changes.

telling them to manage breaking souls correctly and do the fight the old way is probably worse than telling them to google how to play their classes and actually swap to adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeristar View Post
    I'm sure that's the case for Mythic geared teams, but we took a long break after some drama and are trying to get rebuilt. Our healers are great, but 2 healing is pushing it.
    quite a bit of you guys are mythic geared. 3 heal it and tell everyone to sit on adds the whole time outside of feast.

also, attempting a boss youve never killed before 4 times, with 2 different strats, isn't the greatest way to kill it!

Deleted
    "Break everything and swap to adds" didn't seem doable for a mediocre team. The adds will need slows and very efficient use of DPS and movement. I would dare to say not just for a mediocre guild, but anyone at the level below top 400-500 world would be better off to at least do a half-arsed version of the soul stacking thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    "Break everything and swap to adds" didn't seem doable for a mediocre team. The adds will need slows and very efficient use of DPS and movement. I would dare to say not just for a mediocre guild, but anyone at the level below top 400-500 world would be better off to at least do a half-arsed version of the soul stacking thing.

This isn't actually true by the way - even inexperienced teams should do fine. This is our damage breakdown to the adds this week applying the zerg-tactic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=209

As you can see, only me, a warrior and a warlock were really trying to target the adds. Three people out of 15. The rest of them are pretty much pure AOE/cleave (chain lightning, ignite, disease etc). Their setup has double the hunters that absolutely annihilate this fight.
    The one thing we DID do, was have our rerolling mage (who hasn't bothered learning how to play fire cos rerolling / returning player anyway) be arcane, and cast slow on every single add that spawned. 15 seconds instant cast slow is the best one available, and having it cast on everything means it's piss easy.

Thanks everyone (maybe?) for the suggestions.

My team is great, far from subpar, sure we're not 13/13M but we're a new guild created last year and we ran into roster issues and took a break. We've decided to rebuild and the folks that we do have on our core are amazing and have spent time on both Beta (those who had access) and PTR to learn their classes. I cannot speak for the pugs, but my guys were doing just fine.

We're going to do the soul point on the stairs strat and keep our heals right where they are.

I appreciate those who gave helpful comments.

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

10+ Year Old Account

My team is great, far from subpar, sure we're not 13/13M but we're a new guild created last year and we ran into roster issues and took a break. We've decided to rebuild and the folks that we do have on our core are amazing and have spent time on both Beta (those who had access) and PTR to learn their classes. I cannot speak for the pugs, but my guys were doing just fine.

We're going to do the soul point on the stairs strat and keep our heals right where they are.

This is the best strat, we are a 13/13M guild and it was a nightmare. We ended up killing it by having the DPS run to a spot far away and then hold your team accountable by calling out those who are tunneling the boss and not killing adds. Do this, lust/ring bam dead.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    This is the best strat, we are a 13/13M guild and it was a nightmare. We ended up killing it by having the DPS run to a spot far away and then hold your team accountable by calling out those who are tunneling the boss and not killing adds. Do this, lust/ring bam dead.
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

If you had to stop due to roster issues you ain't that great of a guild to begin with.
    At this point it is completely useless to go and reprogress a boss that should of been dead long ago.
    I don't wanna be the asshole here but you would be better off waiting legion to hit and strengthen the roster till then.

Apart from advice of strat?
    Idk we just yolo everything right now.

It is actually quite impossible to wipe (we still manage) unless people tunnel randomly and not watch boss mechanics.
    At this point id go with what Draco suggested .

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    If you had to stop due to roster issues you ain't that great of a guild to begin with.
    At this point it is completely useless to go and reprogress a boss that should of been dead long ago.
    I don't wanna be the asshole here but you would be better off waiting legion to hit and strengthen the roster till then.
    I respectfully disagree, the core that stayed is good enough to handle the pugs, we'll be killing Gore soon enough.

We got this, I'm not too worried. I was asking how to pug proof and have it figured out. Thanks.......

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

I respectfully disagree, the core that stayed is good enough to handle the pugs, we'll be killing Gore soon enough.

We got this, I'm not too worried. I was asking how to pug proof and have it figured out. Thanks.......
    You have a good attitude, good for you not letting internet tough guys get to you. 'I don't wanna be the asshole here' but obviously they do or they wouldn't have intentionally been one, before and after they said that.

Now go kill that fat bastard!
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    You have a good attitude, good for you not letting internet tough guys get to you. 'I don't wanna be the asshole here' but obviously they do or they wouldn't have intentionally been one, before and after they said that.

Ha, thanks. Our guild is amazing, sure we're still building but we have some great people involved already. We're going to hit the ground running in Legion, even moved to a high pop realm to accommodate for that. Going to exit the thread before more naysayers appear.

<Baewatch> H*B*I*C

My guild didn't have much problems with it when we switched the soul dropoff point to be somewhere far away from the boss to avoid random cleave. Granted, we have much better gear than you and so we're able to finish it in 1 feast, but once you get the soul placement right and your soul person is on point it shouldn't be a problem to repeat it for another 2 minutes - with current debuff you shouldn't ever see more than 2 feasts unless your dps are absolutely crap and unfit for proper mythic, so you can just have only tanks soak spirits during 2nd feast.

One thing I would suggest is not making stairs the soul placement point - it's really really far away from the other side of the room, we've been using a point slightly to the side of the center of the room to let people comfortably get there in time.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post

You are so dumb if you think i'm acting like a tough guy.
    Infracted;

Good for them but people who can't keep the core trough bosses that are actually guild killers aka what Gorefiend was can't really say "our guild this our guild that"

Gz on the balls of trying to remake the guild i'll give you that.
    Rest is just practice and improvements from there on.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-08-01 at 06:43 AM.