Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    This isn't actually true by the way - even inexperienced teams should do fine. This is our damage breakdown to the adds this week applying the zerg-tactic:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=209

As you can see, only me, a warrior and a warlock were really trying to target the adds. Three people out of 15. The rest of them are pretty much pure AOE/cleave (chain lightning, ignite, disease etc). Their setup has double the hunters that absolutely annihilate this fight.
    The one thing we DID do, was have our rerolling mage (who hasn't bothered learning how to play fire cos rerolling / returning player anyway) be arcane, and cast slow on every single add that spawned. 15 seconds instant cast slow is the best one available, and having it cast on everything means it's piss easy.
    Well yeah, but, to be fair you already mention some conditions there that may not be met by some average guilds that just want to get it over with fast (have 3 people be excellent at it, have an extra guy being good at slowing and probably having all the rest being good at their rotations generally).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeristar View Post
    Admittedly, we're coming back after a long break and rebuilding due to a guild breakup, we're still struggling to recruit so we're pugging. We put good attempts back in Jan/Feb when we were a stronger guild. We stepped back in this week and did decently on the first few bosses and then Gore wall blocked us hard.
    Our core group consists of the tanks/heals/ and some fantastic dps, and I'm sure most of the issues with our pulls were pugs breaking out folks too early but I wanted to ask for some help on this. We tried both the old strat of having someone break out the souls (our warrior, druid for backup) but we had issues with them coming out too fast. We gave in the 3rd attempt (had some pugs drop and had to stand around and wait for people) and decided to do the yolo strat and ignore inside mechanics and just burn adds. We got to feast but most were dead so that didn't work for us sadly.

Any tips? We want to beat this bastard.. our guild blew up over some stress due to this big undead jerk and I'd like my core folks who stayed to have the satisfaction of killing him.
    did you kill?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Well yeah, but, to be fair you already mention some conditions there that may not be met by some average guilds that just want to get it over with fast (have 3 people be excellent at it, have an extra guy being good at slowing and probably having all the rest being good at their rotations generally).
    That's bullshit and you know it. Notice the arcane mages dps. He hasn't looked into how to play at all, so he was literally just told to slow. Zero dps expected, just slows. If you can't dedicate someone to slow AND NOTHING ELSE, and be sure that things are getting slowed, then they never belonged in fucking *heroics*, let alone mythics. Pressing a single button every 10 seconds when you see an add pop up is something a fucking toddler can do.

As for "have 3 people be excellent at it", the entire point is that when *just three people* can do it, having FOURTEEN people focused on adds 24/7 means that they don't even need to be good. They can be shit-tier and still make it just fine. Fourteen to AOE adds, one to slow, three healers and two tanks. It's stupidly easy.

Just going to confirm that after patch gore is an absolute joke at most any gear or skill level. I've even gone so far as to pug it (and not like the 13/13M alts type pug, just a bunch of randoms). While being in a geared and coordinated group makes it much easier and smoother, even the pugs were able to kill it in less than 10 pulls (I was playing my poorly geared 726 mage at the time). The "cleave everyone and everything" strat makes the entire fight extremely easy assuming you aren't wearing greens and afk. I'd say that if your group knows the basic mechanics and is remotely geared (I mean, you'd have to kill 5 mythic bosses to even get there, so gotta have some gear I'd assume) you should definitely try the "yolo strat" as it makes the whole thing a joke. Might be a few wipes while people adjust, but he should fall over pretty quick. While you're at it, you'll want to try one healing xhul and fel lord when you get there.

Good luck!

As a sidenote: after 2 weeks of farm, basically all strats come to "pop everything on pull (excluding gore, do that on first feast) and kill it before it does anything". Most mechanics in mythic can now be treated like heroic mechanics as they are unlikely to oneshot anyone 730+. If you are having trouble with any boss after the patch, the best thing to try is to figure out how to kill it faster.
    Last edited by Kittensteaks; 2016-07-31 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    If you had to stop due to roster issues you ain't that great of a guild to begin with.
    At this point it is completely useless to go and reprogress a boss that should of been dead long ago.
    I don't wanna be the asshole here but you would be better off waiting legion to hit and strengthen the roster till then.

Apart from advice of strat?
    Idk we just yolo everything right now.

It is actually quite impossible to wipe (we still manage) unless people tunnel randomly and not watch boss mechanics.
    At this point id go with what Draco suggested .
    So what you're saying is everyone should quit after a hurdle, alright Imma quit my job thanks bud.

Also pretty sure being a great guild has nothing to do with your opinion of a great guild.

As for Gorefiend Id suggest putting the soul point slightly towards the back of the center of the room, also killing adds outside seems smoother and just focus on keeping aoe slows and assign 3-4 people on add duty prior to feast (pretty sure you dont have to seperate the tank stack point anymore as the add drops hard inside).

This stops ignite and any sort of passive cleave from effecting the group in general id suggest breaking them out earlier and focus kill adds on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Zensine View Post
    So what you're saying is everyone should quit after a hurdle, alright Imma quit my job thanks bud.

Also pretty sure being a great guild has nothing to do with your opinion of a great guild.

As for Gorefiend Id suggest putting the soul point slightly towards the back of the center of the room, also killing adds outside seems smoother and just focus on keeping aoe slows and assign 3-4 people on add duty prior to feast (pretty sure you dont have to seperate the tank stack point anymore as the add drops hard inside).

This stops ignite and any sort of passive cleave from effecting the group in general id suggest breaking them out earlier and focus kill adds on the outside.
    Also preaty sure you cant even read or comprehend anything i've written.
    So please just don't even try to talk to me .............

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Also preaty sure you cant even read or comprehend anything i've written.
    So please just don't even try to talk to me .............
    pretty sure being a condescending prick was your intention and it was quite obvious, if you don't have good input don't say anything

Quote Originally Posted by Zensine View Post
    pretty sure being a condescending prick was your intention and it was quite obvious, if you don't have good input don't say anything
    Preaty sure you still have no reading comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only safe way of doing it is using a spot to dump souls and checking the "Enemy Damage Taken" data to see who is cleaving souls by accident. It should be 1-2 people on the job tops, with everyone else just being ready to focus down a soul if it's called out the those people if they get Doomed or Linked and can't act.

Other than that you just need to make sure your DPS are focusing completely on handling adds properly and immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop bickering and stick to the topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    We used the organised chaos strategy last night with much success.

Dumped souls in the middle, went ham on everything, ignoring belly mechanic, tanks catching big adds when they come out. Prio was adds due to everything being full health with ghosts freed by random aoe and cleave. Constructs were slowed and killed with normal kill prio essences > constructs > Gore/cleave big adds. BL feast as usual.