Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay.. Love the adventures..

They are so much better than the expansions..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I really despise how literally everything is stupidly goofy in Hearthstone.

Then again imo they completely and totally broke the game forever with the Whispers of the Old Gods cards, so its hard for me to care about a game I'll never play again due to that terribad expansion.
    Sounds like you need a martini to go with the massive amount of salt you've got...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Sweet, I love Karazhan! I Can't wait to play through it!

I don't really care to argue about it, that's how I've felt playing WotOG and I haven't played since day 1 after getting virtually nothing in 50 packs from gold. And I refuse to spend real money for that bullshit p2w game. And that's not even getting into the fucking absurdity of the RNG of the WotOG cards and how game breaking they are.

The expansion broke the game forever for me. So I'm glad the rest of you enjoy it, but I'm never coming back.

This dumbass announcement cemented it further.
    Don't want to come back to the game yet you want to post about the game in the forums? Seems logical...

I enjoy the game, but WotOG didn't break the game. In many aspects it was 'broken' already. 1 mana glass cannons that end games in the early game if your opponent doesn't have an answer to it, the entire concept of "Charge" & the fact so many low mana minions have it, as well as the high return - low cost to damaging spells impacted the game much more & a lot sooner than the old god expansion. This is obviously apparent from the fact that such a card like Reno Jackson ever had to be brought into the game.

Other than Yogg Saron I fail to see all of this wacky rng that you're saying the expansion introduced. GvG was way more rng oriented with the BiS 4 slot neutral Shredder & mage's Unstable Portal. Let's not pretend that WotOG suddenly introduced some awful rng to the game that it had never seen before.

Why does it have to be so comical, like I get that Hearthstone appeals to the le random xd crowd but things at least stayed true to form with Explorer's League, Naxx and BRM

This is like taking the wheel, and adding shit to it to make it more "funny" when it was perfect already

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh. So thats why Karazan is like it is. The party Literally died and switched to Classy music

Honestly i liked the trailer. Blizzards having to much fun lol
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I disliked the trailer and the exaggerated goofiness. The Karahzan i knew was somber, scary, mysterious... not this fucking travesty, but alas, that's minor.

I want a card like "Kill a 7/7 minion, restore 7 health"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Sweet, I love Karazhan! I Can't wait to play through it!

Don't want to come back to the game yet you want to post about the game in the forums? Seems logical...

I enjoy the game, but WotOG didn't break the game. In many aspects it was 'broken' already. 1 mana glass cannons that end games in the early game if your opponent doesn't have an answer to it, the entire concept of "Charge" & the fact so many low mana minions have it, as well as the high return - low cost to damaging spells impacted the game much more & a lot sooner than the old god expansion. This is obviously apparent from the fact that such a card like Reno Jackson ever had to be brought into the game.

Other than Yogg Saron I fail to see all of this wacky rng that you're saying the expansion introduced. GvG was way more rng oriented with the BiS 4 slot neutral Shredder & mage's Unstable Portal. Let's not pretend that WotOG suddenly introduced some awful rng to the game that it had never seen before.
    I don't think it so much brought in more RNG (with the exception of Yogg) but it did seem to add a more brainless playstyle where any idiot can come in and just race you to 10 mana and then win with CThun. The dumb shaman 7/7 card comes to mind as well as call of the wild.

I don't understand where this Disco and funny/silly theme come from, I understand its a bit of a different twist, but they're just ruining the entire feel of what made these raids/expansions fun to play. Like, Naxx and Blackrock didn't have this silly theme to them, where exactly does this stem from? What are they going for? Just luring little kids into playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell

I was expecting it to be a bit more serious because you know.. it's Karazhan right? What a way to "ruin" the legacy.

I'm still probably gonna buy it but the trailer made me have second thoughts
    Last edited by Deztru; 2016-07-29 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    I don't understand where this Disco and funny/silly theme come from, I understand its a bit of a different twist, but they're just ruining the entire feel of what made these raids/expansions fun to play. Like, Naxx and Blackrock didn't have this silly theme to them, where exactly does this stem from? What are they going for? Just luring little kids into playing?
    They're just having fun. Sometimes games are allowed to have fun.

I honestly wish WoW was like this more often. Hearthstone's been nailing the goofy tone really well with all of its expansions, while WoW often struggles really hard to take inherently silly subject matter and make it dramatic and serious. They're good at the tongue-in-cheek, and it suits their storytelling sensibilities really well these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    They're just having fun. Sometimes games are allowed to have fun.

I honestly wish WoW was like this more often. Hearthstone's been nailing the goofy tone really well with all of its expansions, while WoW often struggles really hard to take inherently silly subject matter and make it dramatic and serious. They're good at the tongue-in-cheek, and it suits their storytelling sensibilities really well these days.
    Yeah Hearthstone has been spot-on with the humour-seriousness, but this is so waay on the other side.

Im hoping there is some sort of HS/WoW cross promotion that me....errr players 100% drop chance on that fucking mount
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Sounds like you need a martini to go with the massive amount of salt you've got...
    he maybe didn't get his invitation from medivh.

which is sad cause this will be the place of funky magical phenomenal!

No Tusk Club.

Glad to see the Karazhan expansion is real, its one of my favorite raids in game and even the first raid I've raided. I think the trailer was to lighthearded while Karazhan is supposed to have this spooky atmosphere. I'll take a look at the cards they've revealed:

Ivory Knight: Looks average. Its a weak body for its costs, and paladins have a lot of bad and cheap spells where the heal won't be that good either. And imo paladins already have enough healing as it is. With Brann this card could actually be pretty big, you discover 2 spells and could possibly heal for a huge amount of extra health. That is if you are at very low hp.

Kindly Grandmother: Looks decent. I like how it basically counters the Ravaging Ghoul when you play it early on curve. From what I see on Hearthpwn the 3/2 is not classified as a beast though, if it is then I'd consider it good. The question is if hunters would replace King's Elekk or Huge Toad for this.

Barnes: Looks solid for a controllish deck that runs stuff like Sylvanas, Rag and Ysera. But even then its quite a gamble, he has decent stats to make up for atleast.

The Curator: Looks interesting. I could see this in a reno deck so that your assured to draw 3 cards that you know you'll get. This is probably gonna see the most play in reno paladin, because paladins have atleast a very good murloc cards while there aren't any other murloc cards that are good on their own. Not sure which beast they'd pick, but Stranglethorn Tiger is always good.

Ethereal Peddler: Looks decent. It has good stats for its cost and they might help out Auctioneers to make certain cards even cheaper, and it might encourage rogues to play more Burgles.

Enchanted Raven: Looks really good for beast/aggro druids, as it is a sturdy body that they can play on curve and then buff it with Mark of Y'saarjh. Not so good in other decks though, even in arena it'd be average. I actually had the idea of a 1 mana 2/2 for my death knight concept, good to see its being used for another class.

Firelands Portal: Good in arena, average in constructed. I think mages are getting way to many direct damage spells though, and this one looks like a huge tempo swing in arena where you both clear a midrange minion and summon a new midrange minion for yourself in return. And its a common. As if mages weren't popular already in arena

Overall I like what I've seen so far, no bad and no OP cards. I could see Enchanted Raven being an auto-include for every beast/aggro druid, while the other cards need decks that are more built around them. Curator looks like it could be really good for reno paladin.

Deleted
    I'm not a big fan of Karazhan's lighthearted new age party theme, because Karazhan is not meant to be like that :P

From the cards: the 7 mana 5 dmg summon a 5 mana creature is just insane in Arena. Mage didn't need/deserve such a card and its a common.
    The druid 1 mana 2/2 is just not that great. Its a potentially good card just because of Mark of Y'Shaarj but per total a 1 mana 2/2 isn't that big of a deal.
    The hunter card is really strong (i think both cards are meant to be beasts).

The rest is average/below par. The Curator for example is an ok card for druids if you can innervate it, but you normally need a stronger board presence from a 7 mana card.

im hoping if they do ICC it will be metal music, and for uldluar orchastral

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Karazhan's lighthearted new age party theme, because Karazhan is not meant to be like that :P

From the cards: the 7 mana 5 dmg summon a 5 mana creature is just insane in Arena. Mage didn't need/deserve such a card and its a common.
    The druid 1 mana 2/2 is just not that great. Its a potentially good card just because of Mark of Y'Shaarj but per total a 1 mana 2/2 isn't that big of a deal.
    The hunter card is really strong (i think both cards are meant to be beasts).

The rest is average/below par. The Curator for example is an ok card for druids if you can innervate it, but you normally need a stronger board presence from a 7 mana card.
    actuallty it was, kharazhan was a fun place, plays, feasts, parties, all of it was perfect until well >_> yeah.... medivh used to have people in it all the time, you can go there and see the ghosts watching plays, eating feasts, partying, and its pretty odvious from a opera hall ,a feast hall, and hundreds of rooms for guests to stay

also the druid car most likley is a choose... i doudt its just a right out 1 2/2

The concept is interesting but the disco music is throwing me off (might be because I don't like disco).

I don't really care to argue about it, that's how I've felt playing WotOG and I haven't played since day 1 after getting virtually nothing in 50 packs from gold. And I refuse to spend real money for that bullshit p2w game. And that's not even getting into the fucking absurdity of the RNG of the WotOG cards and how game breaking they are.

The expansion broke the game forever for me. So I'm glad the rest of you enjoy it, but I'm never coming back.

This dumbass announcement cemented it further.

Since that's your right to feel that way, and you apparently don't care about the game anymore, maybe just stop interacting with the game entirely (to include posting about it)?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im hoping if they do ICC it will be metal music, and for uldluar orchastral
    I kinda expect Arthas to be ''rocking out'' like he did during the credits of WC3: The Frozen Throne, with all of his Scourge minions headbanging.

I don't understand why they have to make "funny"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.