Deleted

What's this action cam that everybody's complaining about?

No, really... I see no difference (apart from the obvious max distance) in the game between now and pre pre-patch.

Am i blind?
    Last edited by mmocc182f786f2; 2016-08-04 at 03:33 PM.

Blind people can't access forums. so, no you're not.

Deleted
    The action cam is an experimental new camera that could only be accessed through a command line and wasn't really finished yet. I probably wouldn't use it a lot but it was interesting.

The actual outrage is people used to playing at ludicrously zoomed out distances where their character was a mere speck on the horizon and now you can only be zoomed out halfway across the average room instead of in another post code.

It's only a real "issue" for melee classes and even then it's more a matter of "I'm used to it being this way so it being different makes me mad, raar ! "

If you don't notice the difference it's because if you played without the command line to bypass max distance, there is no distance, it's the same it has always been, everyone will move on, and no one's experience will actually be affected in any meaningful way. Except for the perpetually outraged, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post
    The action cam is an experimental new camera that could only be accessed through a command line and wasn't really finished yet. I probably wouldn't use it a lot but it was interesting.

The actual outrage is people used to playing at ludicrously zoomed out distances where their character was a mere speck on the horizon and now you can only be zoomed out halfway across the average room instead of in another post code.

It's only a real "issue" for melee classes and even then it's more a matter of "I'm used to it being this way so it being different makes me mad, raar ! "

If you don't notice the difference it's because if you played without the command line to bypass max distance, there is no distance, it's the same it has always been, everyone will move on, and no one's experience will actually be affected in any meaningful way. Except for the perpetually outraged, of course.
    Actually, the new max zoom is farther than it was before for those that only used the slider, and not a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Relnor View Post

So you are saying, people did things they weren't suppose to and are now mad cuz they can't do it anymore? Seems fine to me. Criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

It was an optional new feature that is now disabled til they've sorted it out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    So you are saying, people did things they weren't suppose to and are now mad cuz they can't do it anymore? Seems fine to me. Criminals.
    Wow you're smart
    The console commands aren't against the rules and we were never "not supposed " to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Wow you're smart
    The console commands aren't against the rules and we were never "not supposed " to use them.
    If they aren't there to be used, they aren't meant to be used. <3 your siggy though. She needs a good hushing.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    If they aren't there to be used, they aren't meant to be used. <3 your siggy though. She needs a good hushing.
    But they ARE there to be used. They wouldn't be there if they weren't

10+ Year Old Account
    The command was there for years, used for years, and wasn't an offense for years
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Naw man, I love staring at boss-gooch in melee. Its probably my fav.

I am not overly outraged, more amused that with all the things that are wrong/annoy the shit out of/are awful in WoW blizzard removed a console command that allowed us to be a bit further zoomed out.

Just seems like strange priorities.

They had toted "yearly expansions" and we're coming out of a 13month drought. Focus on shit that matters.

I would like their entire sights to be focused on useful shit, not things like max camera distance.

Yes, because if it doesn't have a UI then it's obviously cheating.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    thats why blizz themselfe showed us the Command on SocialMedia and Forums ya totally not intended to use them ...