Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Orlong outraged by something he completely misunderstands. News at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i get Redskin but why is Indian bad?
    You mean, besides the fact they're not actually from India?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Is it me or is it extremely simple to just run a script over all governmental laws/regulations/publications and highlight the offensive words? If you want to be thorough you can then have someone manually replace them for accuracy or automatically replace them, honestly it shouldnt take a decent computer more than a few hours to do.
    It would be very sinple if all federal documents were digitized, but currently they only have digital versions of documents going back about 20 years. So to remove the word Oriental from some obscure document from the 60s, they will have to pay someone to dig through archives to find it

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So no Negro Modello and Oriental flavored ramen at future government meetings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Is it me or is it extremely simple to just run a script over all governmental laws/regulations/publications and highlight the offensive words? If you want to be thorough you can then have someone manually replace them for accuracy or automatically replace them, honestly it shouldnt take a decent computer more than a few hours to do.
    It would be very simple if all federal documents were digitized, but currently they only have digital versions of documents going back about 20 years. So to remove the word Oriental from some obscure document from the 60s, they will have to pay someone to dig through archives to find it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Did you also know that,

Dayton, Virginia

It is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag. (but then how can you help your wife drive up main street?)
    Its only illegal to own one, not to have one in your possession. You would just have to RENT one

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Why are we blaming Obama for this? This law would've had to pass both Republican-controlled wings of legislature to even get to his desk. If you're angry about this law, you should vote for Hillary.
    Bingo.

Plus, it's...a molehill issue being blown up. This is the sort of stuff that happens all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Don't some people consider "black" offensive? Now they use the awkward, overly-generalizing, and technically incorrect phrase "people of color" which is ironically just a stones throw from "colored people".
    Not only that, but the other alternative "African American" is incorrect as well. Most of them have never even stepped foot in Africa. So they are not African, and in many cases, if they arent US citizens or naturalized citizens, they arent American either. This is why black or brown is a more accurate description. Its the same reason we dont call white people European Americans

Deleted
    So how can we still make statistics about certain races being over represented in criminal activities?

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are actually the only ones who can call themselfs americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We do not have freedom of speech
    Yes we do have freedom of speech, despite your lazy semantics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    While his video is right, usually the right wing starts moaning and complaining whenever a George Carlin video is linked.

"Comedy isn't an argument!"
    Can't believe someone with that avatar linked that video.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the level of cognitive dissonance.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It would be very sinple if all federal documents were digitized, but currently they only have digital versions of documents going back about 20 years. So to remove the word Oriental from some obscure document from the 60s, they will have to pay someone to dig through archives to find it
    Cool, now link to the article where it says they are going to do that. Oh, there aren't any? This is just a bunch of baseless assumptions on your part? I'm shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Billions? Are they going to be using Weimar Republic deutschmarks?
    Ha! Bravo!
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    While his video is right, usually the right wing starts moaning and complaining whenever a George Carlin video is linked.

"Comedy isn't an argument!"
    The pendulum has swung back full level. I would say liberals are worse with speech nowadays. Lenny bruce went to prison for saying cocksucker.........now you would be socially shunned for offending the gay movement

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Yes we do have freedom of speech, despite your lazy semantics.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't believe someone with that avatar linked that video.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at the level of cognitive dissonance.
    There's nothing lazy about it. You even stated an example where we don't have freedom of speech. Freedom is a subjective measurement, and is different for everyone. I'm not sure how this is bothering you so much, since you are basically arguing against yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It would be very simple if all federal documents were digitized, but currently they only have digital versions of documents going back about 20 years. So to remove the word Oriental from some obscure document from the 60s, they will have to pay someone to dig through archives to find it

You really need to read your own shit....

The legislation, sponsored by Rep. Grace Meng, D-New York, is an effort to "modernize terms relating to minorities," replaces a slew of terms in a public health law written in the late 1970's with terms are considered more politically correct today.
    They are not going through every document ever in the US history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The pendulum has swung back full level. I would say liberals are worse with speech nowadays. Lenny bruce went to prison for saying cocksucker.........now you would be socially shunned for offending the gay movement
    There's an enormous difference between being sent to prison and being socially liable for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    There's an enormous difference between being sent to prison and being socially liable for your actions.
    Its a different form of thought control and fascism yes

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Its a different form of thought control and fascism yes

Nope, sorry. You are still morally able to suffer social co sequences if you're an asshole, as much as you want to be.

Pbut then again, playing the victim is expected from one of our resident sjws

they should remove white and caucasian too. im triggered every time im optionally asked to check them

Some from my tribe are of firm believe that Indian is the same as nigger, that's what the white man called us, not who we are. Long discussion ensued and I understand the point of view, not as onboard as I am about the R's. They pretty much said that our tribes are like the countries in Europe. You can all a German, Italian, Turk all Europeans, but they are definitely not all the same. Just as a Cherokee, Iroquois, and Blackfoot aren't the same. I didn't like their indian-nigger logic, but that's also why you don't see a huge fuss about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You mean, besides the fact they're not actually from India?
    since when have they given a shit about it, thats what i mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    So how can we still make statistics about certain races being over represented in criminal activities?

- - - Updated - - -

Because they are actually the only ones who can call themselfs americans.
    they migrated here like the rest of us, they just werent smart enough to develop weapons technologies to defend themselves. oh, and thank spain for your horses, navajo joe
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...