Agility vs attack power in Legion

I'm leveling a gnome hunter and am confused about the items with attack power that I'm seeing on lower level gear. The new attributes box shows agility but not attack power so that if I equip something with attack power my agility goes down. So what does that mean? Should I not be equipping anything with attack power any more? Or?

Attack power is gone I think, so items with it are as if they have 0 agility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'd not worry about it as you level since you replace gear. I've lost touch a bit with the theorycrafting side of things but it used to be that AGI converted into AP as did other stats with 1 AGI giving more AP than other stats. That is, your end goal was to increase AP as much as you could and AGI was the way to do that... but some older gear had AP directly on it. In those cases you'd want to now if 1 AGI gave MORE than 1 AP. If so, then an item with, say, 15AGI would be better than the same item with 15 AP (other stats being the same-ish).

However, this just doesn't matter when leveling - the differences are slight and you replace gear a ton. It matters when you max level since you're then growing power via gear vs by moving up levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Attack power is gone I think, so items with it are as if they have 0 agility.
    Ah yes. Just armoried myself and AP is listed under Attack as Damage now.

1 Attack Power is worth ~95% of 1 Agility.

Well, I tested it and it appears that although AP doesn't increase agility it does increase damage, at least according to the Armory. You can't see it when you just look at your character attributes since total damage isn't shown.

You still have AP like previously but you need an addon now to show it in your character tab (alongside many other stats that are now hidden with the default UI).

Attack Power was a weird stat budgeted onto items from Vanilla and BC. It bridged the gap between STR users and AGI users. Barbarous Blade, Arcanite Reaper, and Ash'kandi are notable examples of Vanilla WoW weapons that were useable by hunters, shaman and other melee in vanilla that were quite good.

Strength and Agility equated to attack power on the statistics page for the corresponding classes, but I believe for its time it was cheaper than the primary stats for item stat budgeting.

It's a relic of the past. Once you get out past BC content you won't see it much at all. It won't be on any item once you get to Cataclysm zones and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokee View Post
    Attack Power was a weird stat budgeted onto items from Vanilla and BC. It bridged the gap between STR users and AGI users. Barbarous Blade, Arcanite Reaper, and Ash'kandi are notable examples of Vanilla WoW weapons that were useable by hunters, shaman and other melee in vanilla that were quite good.

Strength and Agility equated to attack power on the statistics page for the corresponding classes, but I believe for its time it was cheaper than the primary stats for item stat budgeting.

It's a relic of the past. Once you get out past BC content you won't see it much at all. It won't be on any item once you get to Cataclysm zones and beyond.
    Strange because the "Unheeded Warning" trink was popular in Cataclysm. It's proc was 86 attack power.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbo View Post
    Strange because the "Unheeded Warning" trink was popular in Cataclysm. It's proc was 86 attack power.
    It wasn't «popular» in cata) it was a bis enchant for melee classes. Moreover now it's bis enchant for the heirlooms until the wod expansion.