Do bots really exist?

I was playing the other night as mage like I usually do and I get paired with a player named "EasyBot". From the very first turn, he was roping every time and making his plays with like 1-2 seconds to go. Many of his plays seemed unusual but as is standard I got lousy draws and lost from RNG. This was the only time I played an opponent where I felt I was playing AI and not a human. That plus the "EasyBot" name. My question is do bots really exist?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they do, what kind of question is that? HS, WoW, D3 and many, many other on-line games, they all got bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ofc they do, what kind of question is that? HS, WoW, D3 and many, many other on-line games, they all got bots.
    I guess I am naive because I thought it was a myth, in HS at least.

I remember in the early days(pre Naxx)when Shaman bot was a thing. It was so obvious because every turn would take basically the exact same amount of time even for the most standard of decisions. Don't think I've seen any bots recently but I don't play as much constructed nowadays.

I would make a bot if I could. Just program in the logic of what to do with a simple deck and let it collect 10 gold or try to rank up for me.

Legit though, I want to modify Hearthstone Deck Tracker to check, every turn, if you have lethal based on the board state and your hand. It's a lot of fucking work though cause you have to define what every single card can do. Too annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I would make a bot if I could. Just program in the logic of what to do with a simple deck and let it collect 10 gold or try to rank up for me.

Legit though, I want to modify Hearthstone Deck Tracker to check, every turn, if you have lethal based on the board state and your hand. It's a lot of fucking work though cause you have to define what every single card can do. Too annoying.
    You could program a simple bot making it do random dragging gestures with the mouse from the hand area towards the centre of the board or from the board area to the opponent's face, every now and then it will find a legal play by chance. If you wanna go further you could read cards from the screen or from memory, hell of a lot of work though, getting it to play well is another thing all together.

The risk of being banned is significant if you use a bot though, Blizzard come down hard on players automating the game play using a bot and it's not that hard to detect, Legend ranked players have been found out, there are some bot software forum articles on the subject. Not really worth it on a main account with a decent collection.

A lethal tracker would be a nice project but you'd have to basically program an entire Hearthstone state machine taking all cards into account and implement all the rules and special cases, Yogg, Juraxxus, etc..
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2016-07-30 at 02:12 AM.

You need to be really, really ignorant to think that (hearthstone) bots are a myth.

The best ones are pretty good, too. You can give one an aggro or face deck and watch it eventually climb to legend.

To my (granted, limited) knowledge, though, blizz has been fairly aggressive against bots in hearthstone. So I'd advice against using one.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    The best ones are pretty good, too. You can give one an aggro or face deck and watch it eventually climb to legend.
    That's nothing, I wrote a bot last night and it reached legend this morning.

I believe I faced a bot last week, actually.
    During its turn it moused over its own Hero Power, all his minions, down to all my minions, down to my health, etc.
    Every turn. Rinse and repeat.