10+ Year Old Account

Suggestions for an old school hunter

Hi guys (sorry for my broken english...),
    as said I'm an old school hunter. I play that class since the release of WoW as my main (or better as my only one char because I never had so much fun playing other classes). I was the 3rd rank 13 in european servers in the old and first Vanilla PvP (stopped at 13 coz I already had a powerfull weapon from PvE and bored of doing bg's 24/7).
    I have around 500 days played on this char, made the hunter epic quest in Vanilla 3 times (for me and 2 guildm8s had troubles with the kiting mob in WS).

Loved the hunter since the beginning and played him as MM in Vanilla (with the big dmg burst) then SV mainly till 3-4 months ago when I stopped to play a bit (enjoying HotS w8ing for Legion). I've a beta key but as usual I didn't play to don't destroy the surprise to play a new expansion and world.

I love soloing with my hunter. Elites, Rares, old instances (got Invincible soloing Icecrown 25 hc lately). I don't care anymore so much about PvP or hardcore PvE because in the year I've become a casual player or a "just-for-fun" player if u prefere.
    Like to have tons of tools on hunter and the fact u can go out of any situation mixing them good.
    For that I'm realy scared from what I read around. I'm reading about we lost our versatility. I'm planning to avoid SV and BM, never aimed to be a melee class and never loved to be too much pet depending but from what I've heard it is not possible anymore to be ranged + having a tanking pet + having traps and tools.

I'm thinking about going MM with Lone Wolf for instances and bg's and switching to a second MM spec without Lone Wolf to do some soloing stuff, elites, rares, soloing levellins, etc... what do u think about? Is a MM spec without LW worthing or is it totally broken atm?
    Anyway I wish something the most similar to my old style gameplay...

Thank u in advance for any answer.
    Last edited by Tephereth; 2016-07-29 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    Well vanilla was about spaming aimed-> auto -> multi, so you hardly can get something like this. But i think its ok, ppl just have a hard time to accept changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Well vanilla was about spaming aimed-> auto -> multi, so you hardly can get something like this. But i think its ok, ppl just have a hard time to accept changes.
    I played any expansion to the beg till the end, except Cata. Not only Vanilla. Just to know and yes, Vanilla was way easy as hunter specially the last months b4 TBC when we got the super buff on the AP.

Just looking for suggestions from who already played Legion on the PTR: the most similar spec to the WoD SV spec

10+ Year Old Account
    MM with Lone Wolf for instances and bg's
    Dungeons and Raiding, yes. BG`s, big NO. Keep your Pet in pvp for RoSac.

Deleted
    I will go both BM and MM
    Both specs use almost equal stats prio on their gear and have their advantages in different fights

I would actually suggest you stick to BM. You can go MM w/o LW, but MM pet gets nothing additonal, it's basically a dot even if you have a tanking pet, it's just a dot that'll stay a little longer.
    With BM there's a lvl 100 talent "aspect of the beast" that makes it so that your tanking pet will have a constant 15% reduced dmg, and you can have spirit beasts so one extra heal to have on hand for your character that's not interrupted by dmg.

Couple of other thoughts:
    1. It doesn't matter if your dmg comes from pets because you don't care about the super high end dmg/uptime. You are just looking to have a specific playstyle and BM will give you that.
    2. Your artifact weapon in Legion will further help your BM pets tank better. Look at artifact traits like: 6% dodge chance, 35% reduced dmg after misdirection (so you can use it before a burst hit on your pet), etc.
    3. You do so much more dmg than your pet as MM that your pet cannot keep aggro. You'll constantly be pulling aggro when you are solo. With BM a ton of dmg comes from pets, so it's much easier to not pull aggro.