Deleted

Spec changing on zoning

I've had a search around and can't find any information. I'm currently Enhancement, but every time I zone somewhere else it resets me to resto. This could be zoning into an instance or just moving from one zone to another (Flying around doing Arch at the minute and it just keeps changing spec). Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it. It's more than frustrating on a PvP server to get caught in combat only to realise I'm not even my normal spec.

This Is wierd as it never happened to me on any of my chars, probably a bug or an addon, open a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikita View Post
    I've had a search around and can't find any information. I'm currently Enhancement, but every time I zone somewhere else it resets me to resto. This could be zoning into an instance or just moving from one zone to another (Flying around doing Arch at the minute and it just keeps changing spec). Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can stop it. It's more than frustrating on a PvP server to get caught in combat only to realise I'm not even my normal spec.
    Are you talking about specc, or loot specc?

I have seen loot specc change for some reason, but not actual specc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    what zones are you doing archy in and around? supposedly, queuing as one spec while being in another means that once the queue pops you are forced into the spec you queued as. which could explain zoning into dungeons. as to doing archy, maybe if you are say flying near Wintergrasp, each time you get too close to that zone, you could be forced into your chosen resto spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are you talking about specc, or loot specc?

I have seen loot specc change for some reason, but not actual specc.
    Actual spec. My bars all changed to Resto and I had to keep changing back to Enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    what zones are you doing archy in and around? supposedly, queuing as one spec while being in another means that once the queue pops you are forced into the spec you queued as. which could explain zoning into dungeons. as to doing archy, maybe if you are say flying near Wintergrasp, each time you get too close to that zone, you could be forced into your chosen resto spec.
    I was doing it around Stranglethorn Vale. Going between North / Cape / Duskwood changed my spec. As did going into ZG or Hearthing back to Ashran. I wasn't in any queues and had only queued up as Enhancement during today.

It seems to have fixed itself since, no idea what caused it or what stopped it. I've open a ticket anyway just incase it happens again.