How's feral sitting comparatively to other melee on beta for Mythic+ and Raids?

I know a lot of people are having issue with the change in play-style and AoE but otherwise how are we doing in terms of raw DPS compared to the other melee classes? I know, I know "tuning isn't done yet" but historically there have been extremely few major balancing changes done within a month of launch?

I don't expect us to be up with assassination rogues (they are obv going to get the bat) but are we able to keep up with the rest or are we going to get another expansion of being, on average, 3rd tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    I don't expect us to be up with assassination rogues (they are obv going to get the bat) but are we able to keep up with the rest or are we going to get another expansion of being, on average, 3rd tier?
    Because of people like you, we never will. Stop writting s*** like that.

The dmg isn't that bad.
    The aoe is and Mythics dunguons always end up as aoe fests...
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

This is just my personal experience, but the Moment of Clarity and Soul of the Forest talents let me use my abilities waaaaay more often. I'm practically able to just spam my AoE. Not sure about 110 numbers since I'm just playing on live, but it feels a lot nicer and less starved compared to before.

Feral AoE is bad. Feral's burst AoE is worse.

Thusly, Feral is unviable for Myhic+ dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Feral AoE is bad. Feral's burst AoE is worse.
    But on single target we are quite awesome. And we have more energy to spend moonfires now that Savage Roar is a talent.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserdrache View Post
    But on single target we are quite awesome. And we have more energy to spend moonfires now that Savage Roar is a talent.
    The problem though is that Savage Roar is looking to be the strongest talent of that tier, it costs a whopping 40 energy, and it only lasts 24 seconds, so you're casting it quite often and it'll cut into your Moonfire budget. My understanding is that Blood Scent and Predator are also both better than Lunar Inspiration, and I haven't seen many logs with Ferals running it in their rotations.

For pure single target, 10% extra crit is too hard to pass up, honestly. Especially since crits speed up our rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    Feral's burst AoE is worse.
    This is objectively false.

OT: For mythic+ feral isn't top tier, but if you have some other aoe specs like fire mage/fury warrior it's perfectly fine, just not for pushing the highest levels.

For raids, feral is in a much better spot than it was in HFC(which is the only raid in WoD where feral wasn't strong). Add that to the fact that fight designs don't have many priority targets that get burned down in less than 10 seconds, which is feral's weak point.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    This is objectively false.

OT: For mythic+ feral isn't top tier, but if you have some other aoe specs like fire mage/fury warrior it's perfectly fine, just not for pushing the highest levels.

For raids, feral is in a much better spot than it was in HFC(which is the only raid in WoD where feral wasn't strong). Add that to the fact that fight designs don't have many priority targets that get burned down in less than 10 seconds, which is feral's weak point.
    Somewhat misleading. The burst AOE is not worse but it isn't good either. The reason it's not worse is because the sustained AOE is really bad and sustained AOE is what Mythic+ will be all about. It's completely ridiculous that you have to give up your Level 100 single target talent just to do AOE that is still bad.

That said I don't think tuning is done yet, but then Blizzard is always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    The problem though is that Savage Roar is looking to be the strongest talent of that tier, it costs a whopping 40 energy, and it only lasts 24 seconds, so you're casting it quite often and it'll cut into your Moonfire budget. My understanding is that Blood Scent and Predator are also both better than Lunar Inspiration, and I haven't seen many logs with Ferals running it in their rotations.

For pure single target, 10% extra crit is too hard to pass up, honestly. Especially since crits speed up our rotation.
    I believe LI actually is the best talent of that tree ATM with a high enough crit %. Also, LI gets stronger on fights with more targets for Tab dotting.