Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    but you get what i'm saying.
    Yeah. Last time my boyfriend texted me asking if I wanted flours, and of course I totally assumed he meant cocaine or something. Well, when he showed up with flowers I was so angry.

Ps: He's a chef so it auto corrected. But I fucking knew he meant flowers. I don't fly off the handle over every little thing that's said because I'm an adult. I don't jump to conclusions over text, because words dont always portray what a person meant.

Hell, I'm more likely to be angry over something someone says than over text.

Stuff and things - all texts.
    Last edited by Droodid; 2016-07-29 at 08:51 PM.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    keep fooling yourselves guys that texting is the way to communicate in this day and age.

Our texts go like this:

Where r u?

m heading home

What do u want 2 eat?

I don't know. w/e is fine

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

keep fooling yourselves guys that texting is the way to communicate in this day and age.
    Sending letters went out of fashion a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Really?

'Hey, pick up some milk and eggs after work please"
    "Okay will do"

Much easier to text than call for something simple like this.
    this.

and yes couples do that.

also.. can't always talk at work. quick texts though? much easier.

and this is probably first AND last time I quote Tennis in a positive context O_O

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Seriously, no sarcasm, how old are you?
    You must be new here.

Jayburner... adam86shadow...tennisace...

just watch and learn how to use the ignore user feature! :P

That being said, texting is easy and allows communication when time allows. with a busy schedule this is obviously far easier.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Sending letters went out of fashion a while ago.
    omfg! i'm talking about phone conversations.

How's life in your cave?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Yeah. Last time my boyfriend texted me asking if I wanted flours, and of course I totally assumed he meant cocaine or something. Well, when he showed up with flowers I was so angry.
    Quality, that made me genuinely laugh out loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen people text for an hour for just one message and get a reply back "K"
    how is that productive. I don't like using my fingers tapping on a little screen.

there is a difference between actual conversation and quickly touching base to remind each other of something, or let the other know about unavoidable delay, and any other number of things that allows for quick, quiet communication when its not feasible to have an actual conversation.

its an equivalent of leaving each other notes, but more portable.

how is that productive. I don't like using my fingers tapping on a little screen.
    becasue obviously that's the only kind of texting couples do >_> no other kind is possible. it takes me 30 seconds to sent a text to my SO. it would take me as much or longer, just to dial his number and wait for him to hopefuly pick up, assuming he can talk at that particular time >_>

I do all my phone interviews for work over text.

"Why do you think you're fit for this position?" - Me

"I do good stuff and things." - Them

"You son of a bitch, you get the job!" - Me
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Back in my day you had to spin the dual on the phone. There were no buttons.

Change makes my brain hurt.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    there is a difference between actual conversation and quickly touching base to remind each other of something, or let the other know about unavoidable delay, and any other number of things that allows for quick, quiet communication when its not feasible to have an actual conversation.

its an equivalent of leaving each other notes, but more portable.

becasue obviously that's the only kind of texting couples do >_> no other kind is possible. it takes me 30 seconds to sent a text to my SO. it would take me as much or longer, just to dial his number and wait for him to hopefuly pick up, assuming he can talk at that particular time >_>
    and when you didn't get their sarcasm in their text message all hell breaks loose.

How fast do you want to get fired from jobs, getting caught on phone every now and then, instead of working?

Calling isn't great when people have work to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

and when you didn't get their sarcasm in their text message all hell breaks loose.
    either you, or both of you are 12 or something if a simple text message = all hell breaks lose.

but seriously, looking at my ongoing text conversation with SO. reminders to call doctor's office, make an appointment, put an event on a calendar, status updates on traffic, do you want me to stop by the supermarket and grab some bread, punctuated with "I love you" to each other. basic stuff that is far faster and more efficient and quieter to text than to call about while at work. no sarcasm to misunderstand.

but then again, we are adults.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-07-29 at 08:42 PM.

My daughters texting me "I love you daddy!" is one of the greatest joys to experience when I am at work and cannot communicate with them via phone conversation. Who is the one who is fooling themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Texting is dangerous in times of auto correct.
    You're telling me. I once texted a girl to mention "my lack of passion," which got autocorrected to "my oak of passion."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    texting is the devil..dont' try and tell me otherwise.