Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Texts with my husband are pretty mundane, they are almost entirely status updates to each other.

"Going to daycare now."/"Headed to store. What do we need?"/"Grabbing take-out, lmk what you want."/"Movie @ 7:30"

Couples talk a lot. You don't have to call me to let me know we need more mustard. Drama doesn't come from texting, it's from bad relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    A GODDAM FUCKING MEN!!!!

90% of fights with my gf start with some misunderstanding by me or her on whatsapp. I tried to tell her why not just talk face to face, 90% of the things we talk about on whatsapp could wait until we meet but nooooo, lets go crazy because understand context etc. wrong.
    This is why they created emojis. Just chuck a few smiley faces, winking faces, tongue sticking out faces, a few lols , and poop emoji for good measure and they will know you are joking

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    A GODDAM FUCKING MEN!!!!

90% of fights with my gf start with some misunderstanding by me or her on whatsapp. I tried to tell her why not just talk face to face, 90% of the things we talk about on whatsapp could wait until we meet but nooooo, lets go crazy because understand context etc. wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm not sure exactly how a text between my wife and I could ever start a fight. She generally knows how I think, and filters anything suitably ambiguous through what she'd expect me to say in any case. In our 13 years of marriage I don't think we've ever seriously fought. Sure, the occasional disagreements over how good a movie, book, or game was - or a difference in opinion of how swiftly the world is descending into a hell of its own making. But those are relatively light subjects, not something you can work yourself into a real lather over. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

its better than watching them play pokemon go or somthing

Hey old man, perhaps it is just a generational thing?

I was born almost a decade after you (I am 39) and I often have short conversations with my Wife via txt. Below are a few examples, if we need to converse longer we usually call each other or wait till we are both at home.

From a conversation about work, both of us are Licensed Massage Therapists. I was not feeling well on this day.

Her: You have one scheduled at 7 or 7:30
    Me: Damn...
    Me: Can it be transferred to someone else or is it an rt?
    Her: Um, I think you are the only one available at that time.
    Me: Damn...
    Me: How long? 1 hour?
    Her: 90 min
    Me: Fuck my life
    Her: You now have 2

Last weekend

Her: Going to Chili's with the girls. Let me know if you want anything
    Me: Yes please! Tripple dipper w/ SW eggrolls and cheese bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    My wife and I text each other all the time.

"Don't forget to grab some milk at the store."
    "Do we need anything else?"
    "I think we're low on tea, so grab some of those."

"The train's been delayed, I might be a little late."
    "Alright, dinner should keep in the stove on low for a bit."

"Be sure to bring the satchel full of unmarked bills to the drop-off."
    "I got three bricks, and picked up an untraceable piece from the Northeast."

One of those isn't a real exchange, though.

Let me guess, the train wasn't actually delayed? :P