Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    omg all those newb rogues. back in the time, humans had perception. Hunters had a tracking spell that allowed them to have stealth detection, and hunters mark to fuck rogues over for. warlock had felhunters with paranoia. It did nothing to rogues abilities to rape people.

and no a rogue is not negated because he is put out of stealth, they have gotten a million ways to use stealth abilities while not stealthed in the ever ongooing casualisation of wow. there is a talent that allows the use of stealh abilities for 3 seconds after stealth broke. There is a talent called shadow dance. there is a spell called vanish. There was once a time where rogues would use it to dodge incoming projectile spells. but those times of skill are long gone. and now u can run over ae affects, get blown out, and still can use a garrote or cheapshot. and now talk about skill.

Deleted
    Say goodbye to your opener in arena. Fel Rushx2, Retreat, and Glaive means that you'll be out of stealth in no time.

It also stops you from being counter aggressive with your sap. If you can't race out to their mounted onslaught and sap, you're at an immediate disadvantage.

Deleted
    Im actually worried about it in casual PvP.. world, BGs, with tons of DHs running around. One DH may be somewhat manageable but imagine AV or Ashran, and like 10 DHs in the enemy team. That would make stealth pretty much useless as you get popped out by random AoE and flares often enough as is.

The only rogues that this is a problem for are ones with slow reaction time. Any good pvp rogue won't have a problem with this. Every expac has had things that prevent stealth or let people see you in stealth. Once you learn how to deal with it then it won't even be an issue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    The only rogues that this is a problem for are ones with slow reaction time. Any good pvp rogue won't have a problem with this. Every expac has had things that prevent stealth or let people see you in stealth. Once you learn how to deal with it then it won't even be an issue
    Yeah, let's react to that instantly thrown glaive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Oh noes! There's a counter to being able to perma lock people.

So sorry you have to actually work for kills now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Googles View Post
    You continue to prove that you have no idea what you're saying. This is the last reply I will give to you because by now I'm convinced you're a bad troll or truly clueless.

Who stated that Rogues should be in stealth 24/7? If you played Rogue for even 1 day you'd realize how important stealth is in a PvP environment.

There already ARE counters to stealth. One such as Spectral Sight is going over the line and is absolutely ridiculous. We SHOULD be able to open from Stealth most of the time. It's what our class is built around.

As you have so naively stated before, casters can be kicked. Do you think it's a smart thing for me to say that just because Rogues can be kicked out of stealth so easily then casters shouldn't be able to cast? Please understand and know the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

There is such a thing as adaptation, and such a thing as complete ridiculousness. How is one to adapt to a skill that breaks your entire classes mechanism?

I don't blame you for making such an ill statement since you clearly state you don't play Rogue. In that case, you of course wouldn't care because you don't know how important Stealth is to the class.

Just because we're discussing the potential overpowerdness of a new skill doesn't mean that we can't adapt to it. You realize in every game that has ever existed there has always been a time where something has been considered overpowered? Do you think absolutely everything Blizzard releases is completely balanced and thought out?

Demon Hunters will be released very soon. Why even say something like "DH aren't even out yet"? Doesn't add anything to the discussion.

You claim we should play Outlaw. You claim you don't need it because only "Sap" requires it. Those are very inconsiderate things to say and only further invalidates your post. Tell that to any Rogue who has ever taken PvP seriously and see how they laugh you off.
    So anyone disagreeing with you invalifates his post? What a convenient view of the world. I'm starting to doubt that you ever set foot into a BG or arena.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted

Getting a cheap shot or sap is far from killing somebody.

Have you even done PVP since BC?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Quite easy actually. Stay out of LoS when they use Sight, and mash Shadowstep+Sap. If that fails, you can just Cheap Shot straight off the bat to stop any opener they have. If they are stupid enough to waste 2x Fel Rush and their retreat, to follow you behind a pillar on the other side of the map, then they are going to end up dead - or at the very least, you can step to their team mate and they have to waddle back to you.

For duels, it's even easier. Literally just step/sap them on the opener (you can step them before the duel even starts and sap instantly). Random BGs? Well, I imagine it'll be annoying but it really won't matter. You can easily kill DHs solo.

As a Rogue, I'm honestly not having any problems with Demon Hunters. This is nothing considering we've been used to the shit that is random-placed Flares and general AoE pulling us out for years - which is FAR more frustrating than knowing something is coming for us - and Faerie Fire keeping us out of stealth. Thankfully that shit has gone to a 8sec duration/30sec cooldown, and it's Balance only.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-08-09 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Quite easy actually. Stay out of LoS when they use Sight, and mash Shadowstep+Sap. If that fails, you can just Cheap Shot straight off the bat to stop any opener they have. If they are stupid enough to waste 2x Fel Rush and their retreat, to follow you behind a pillar on the other side of the map, then they are going to end up dead - or at the very least, you can step to their team mate and they have to waddle back to you.

For duels, it's even easier. Literally just step/sap them on the opener (you can step them before the duel even starts and sap instantly). Random BGs? Well, I imagine it'll be annoying but it really won't matter. You can easily kill DHs solo.

As a Rogue, I'm honestly not having any problems with Demon Hunters. This is nothing considering we've been used to the shit that is random-placed Flares and general AoE pulling us out for years - which is FAR more frustrating than knowing something is coming for us - and Faerie Fire keeping us out of stealth. Thankfully that shit has gone to a 8sec duration/30sec cooldown, and it's Balance only.

Plus rogues are literally the biggest DH counter, no healing, only defense being shitty dodge/dr ability(giving up a full talent to make it better). Its like figting a shitty rogue you always get the opener on.

It's an intentional counter to rogues in PvP being able to screw around, backcap and just generally be vastly more useful than any other class in random BGs and just generally be a pain in the ass with impunity. Now there's a class that can counter it.

Granted, it slows DHs to use and in general rogues, from my experiences, are vastly better than DHs at 1v1, so this is really only good at catching a rogue if they're stalling. It's a middle finger to WPvP griefers and BG backcappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    It's an intentional counter to rogues in PvP being able to screw around, backcap and just generally be vastly more useful than any other class in random BGs and just generally be a pain in the ass with impunity. Now there's a class that can counter it.

Granted, it slows DHs to use and in general rogues, from my experiences, are vastly better than DHs at 1v1, so this is really only good at catching a rogue if they're stalling. It's a middle finger to WPvP griefers and BG backcappers.
    I honestly don't think it will make much difference in either WPvP or back-capping. For WPvP I can just Blind or Vanish and I'm out of there, if they trinket the blind they are going to die anyway. If they are specced into First Blood and the Glaive Slow talent, it might be more annoying, but even then I can just stealth after a kidney or something. It's only going to help them if they are grouped, which would be the only reason they wouldn't be dead in the first place in WPvP.

For back-capping, we can still sap>cap or blind>cap if they trinket the sap. If they are smart enough to stay more than 15 yards away then it doesn't make a difference as you can't do that to any class then and we can't do it due to the extra time it'd take to get in range of the flag after casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    I honestly don't think it will make much difference in either WPvP or back-capping. For WPvP I can just Blind or Vanish and I'm out of there, if they trinket the blind they are going to die anyway. If they are specced into First Blood and the Glaive Slow talent, it might be more annoying, but even then I can just stealth after a kidney or something. It's only going to help them if they are grouped, which would be the only reason they wouldn't be dead in the first place in WPvP.

For back-capping, we can still sap>cap or blind>cap if they trinket the sap. If they are smart enough to stay more than 15 yards away then it doesn't make a difference as you can't do that to any class then and we can't do it due to the extra time it'd take to get in range of the flag after casting.
    Well of course, but I can say that many times I've seen and also been the rogue that will lurk by nodes almost all game and wait for people to move away and backcap. Hell, this is arguably the best way to contribute in a BG like Arathi Basin because of how damning it is to lose a node even for 10-15 seconds.

A demon hunter can now manage to counter that by preventing rogues/druids from perpetually lurking. It's not going to stop backcapping, but it'll stop the annoying point where you know a rogue is lurking nearby waiting to sap/blind or kill you 1v1. The intent isn't to stop them from doing what they're good at, it's to give it some kind of counter.

I didn't read all these comments but I just tried to go into a random as a rogue against I shit you not, an entire alliance team of DH and I was useless, I could literally do nothing. I didn't break a million damage and I died over 10 times. The ability needs to be removed entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    omg all those newb rogues. back in the time, humans had perception. Hunters had a tracking spell that allowed them to have stealth detection, and hunters mark to fuck rogues over for. warlock had felhunters with paranoia. It did nothing to rogues abilities to rape people.

and no a rogue is not negated because he is put out of stealth, they have gotten a million ways to use stealth abilities while not stealthed in the ever ongooing casualisation of wow. there is a talent that allows the use of stealh abilities for 3 seconds after stealth broke. There is a talent called shadow dance. there is a spell called vanish. There was once a time where rogues would use it to dodge incoming projectile spells. but those times of skill are long gone. and now u can run over ae affects, get blown out, and still can use a garrote or cheapshot. and now talk about skill.
    you realize that every time i vanished in a random bg, some DH just used sight and immediately killed me thereafter, the point is that no rogue is good enough to take on an entire team of DH's in a BG or arena, you might as well just quit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    I didn't read all these comments but I just tried to go into a random as a rogue against I shit you not, an entire alliance team of DH and I was useless, I could literally do nothing. I didn't break a million damage and I died over 10 times. The ability needs to be removed entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

you realize that every time i vanished in a random bg, some DH just used sight and immediately killed me thereafter, the point is that no rogue is good enough to take on an entire team of DH's in a BG or arena, you might as well just quit lol.
    If the enemy fields DH only, just take a different class. The game, and especially PvP is not meant to be 1v1, or class vs class.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You mean a whole team of Rogue-counters countered a single Rogue for an entire match? HOW CAN THIS BE?

OVERPOWERED. NERF IMMEDIATELY.

rofl
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".