Legion pets Pve pvp?

Nobody has been talking about what pets to use. I've Played on legion beta for a couple months but never put any thought into it. Is there a pve pet anymore or does it not even matter anymore because most pet bonuses are gone? Just switch to Ferocity and thats that? Bonus question here, is there good pvp pets still? I know spiders still have web but I can find resources to see what families of pets still have bonus abilities. Petopia seems to be outdated still.

Some pets still provide utilities. I use a crane which provides a battle res. Corehounds provide bloodlust. Devilsaurs actually provide a healing debuff (25% less healing, full uptime) which makes them extremely good for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here, http://www.wow-petopia.com/ if you have any Hunter questions visit the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Some pets still provide utilities. I use a crane which provides a battle res. Corehounds provide bloodlust. Devilsaurs actually provide a healing debuff (25% less healing, full uptime) which makes them extremely good for PvP.
    Yeah this is more the info I'm looking for. I've only been playing survival, so the fancy BM options won't work sadly. The crane seems like a decent choice for PvE honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Here, http://www.wow-petopia.com/ if you have any Hunter questions visit the forums.
    Yeah I had mentioned Petopia still hasn't updated pet abilities. Such as saying Hyenas still come with 5% haste lol. I know the buffs like that got booted out but I was wondering if Carrion Birds still had mortal wounds, Nether Rays still had bloodlust ect. Or in other words, did any pets get their bonus ability pruned or are they the same, but without the stat boosts. Quick look around the forums didn't really answer my questions either

10+ Year Old Account
    No, only the stat buffs were removed everything else is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    No, only the stat buffs were removed everything else is the same.
    Yeah I decided to stop being a lazy ass and go out to see for myself. Can confirm that at least 3/4 of pet families all have their abilities retained so the rest are prolly the same. Excluding the stat buffs of course. Hope this helps other ppl, cause there is no information easily available about this.

I still don't understand blizzards logic of removing the abilities from stat buff pets, and not giving them something else or removing the debuff that other pets can cast. They've essentially made many pets useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I made a list in the other forum, Ill just paste it here for you lazy people.

Basilisk-Stone Scales-reduced damage taken by 50% for 12 sec, 1 min cooldown
    Beetle-Harden Carapace - 50% reduced damage for 12 seconds, 1 minute cooldown
    Carrion Birds-Bloody Screech-causes Mortal Wounds, 6 sec cooldown
    Cats-Prowl-stealth mode, but slows its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage. Lasts until cancelled, 10 sec cooldown

Crab-Harden Shell-reduced damage taken by 50% for 12 sec, 1 min cooldown
    Crane-Gift of Chi-Ji-restore a dead target to life with 60% health and 20% mana, 10 min cooldown
    Crocolisks-Ankle Crack-Snap at the target's feet, reducing movement speed by 50% for 6 sec, 10 sec cooldown
    Direhorns-Reflective Armor Plating-Deflects all spells cast in front of the Direhorn for 6 sec, 30 sec cooldown
    Foxes-Agile Reflexes-increased dodge chance by 30% for 10 sec, 2 min cooldown
    Monkeys-Primal Agility-increased dodge chance by 30% for 10 sec, 2 min cooldown
    Moths-Dust of Life-restore a dead target to life with 60% health and 20% mana, 10 min cooldown
    Nether Rays-Nether Winds-Increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members within 100 yards. Lasts 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Fatigued and will be unable to benefit from similar abilities again for 10 min, 6 min cooldown

Riverbeasts-Gruesome Bite-causes Mortal Wounds, 6 sec cooldown
    Scorpids-Deadly Sting-causes Mortal Wounds, 6 sec cooldown
    Spiders-Web Spray-Shoot webs at the target, slowing movement by 50% for 6 sec, 10 sec cooldown
    Turtle-Shell Shield-50% reduced damage for 12 seconds, 1 minute cooldown

Exotics;

Chimaeras-Frost Breath-slows the target for 5 sec, 10 sec cooldown
    Chimaeras-Froststorm Breath-The Chimera channels a frozen breath attack, causing [(0 + (Ranged attack power) * 0.144)] Froststorm damage every 2 sec for 8 sec to all enemies within 12 yards, Channeled

Clefthooves-Thick Hide-When falling below 40% health, the Clefthoof's skin will thicken, granting 50% reduced incoming damage for 12 sec. This effect can only occur once every 120 sec.

Core Hounds-Molten Hide-When the core hound takes melee attacks, it infuses its hide with molten lava, causing 0 to 2 Fire damage to all further melee attackers for 10 sec. Molten Hide can only activate every 60 sec
    Core Hounds-Ancient Hysteria-Increases haste by 30% for all party and raid members within 100 yards. Lasts 40 sec. Allies receiving this effect will become Fatigued and will be unable to benefit from similar abilities again for 10 min, 6 min cooldown

Devilsaurs-Monstrous Bite-reduces the effectiveness of any healing received for 10 sec, 8 sec cooldown
    Devilsaurs-Feast-The devilsaur feasts on a nearby Humanoid or Beast corpse within 5 yards, healing it for 20% of its maximum health and restoring 20 focus over 6 sec, 1 min cooldown

Quilen-Eternal Guardian-restore a dead target to life with 60% health and 20% mana, 10 min cooldown
    Quilen-Stone Armor-When falling below 40% health, the Quilen's skin will change to stone, causing it to take 30% less damage and regenerate 3% of its maximum health every 1 sec for 8 sec. This effect can only occur once every 120 sec.

Rylaks-Updraft-slows the fall speed of both itself and the hunter for 30 sec, no cd
    Shale Spiders-Solid Shell-50% reduced damage for 12 seconds, 1 minute cooldown
    Silithids-Tendon Rip-reduces targets movement speed by 50% for 6 sec, 10 sec cooldown
    Spirit Beasts-Spirit Mend-The Spirit Beast heals the current friendly target for [0 + ((Ranged attack power * 0.35) * 0.75)] plus an additional [0 + ((Ranged attack power * 0.35) * 0.5)] over 10 sec, 30 sec cooldown, 25 yd range
    Spirit Beasts-Spirit Walk-stealth mode, but slows its movement speed by 50%. The first attack from stealth receives a 20% bonus to damage. Lasts until cancelled, 10 sec cooldown

Water Striders-Surface Trot-Allows the Hunter and the Water Strider to walk across water. Any damage will cancel the effect, no CD
    Worms-Burrow Attack-The Worm burrows into the earth and shakes the ground above, dealing [(0 + ((Ranged attack power * 0.40) * 0.288)) * 8] Nature damage over 8 sec, Channeled, 14 sec cooldown

Let me know if I missed something.
    Last edited by Luperca; 2016-07-30 at 05:45 PM.