Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Breitbart is a lot fucking better than huffpost mate. Also what is wrong with the breitbart article? The information is accurate and a link to the source material from reuters.
    Far right leaning conservative claiming that a far right news site is less bias than a left leaning news site.

Spot the problem.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, they really aren't. It's a conservative-driven site, that has been caught pushing an agenda many, many times. They even left their reporter out to dry in order to continue that agenda.
    At some point the middle ground between left and right became blurred and is now called the right, sometimes the far right. Calling a lie a lie isn't right-wing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Far right leaning conservative claiming that a far right news site is less bias than a left leaning news site.

Spot the problem.
    Far left leaning liberal claiming that a far left leaning news site is less biased than a right leaning news site.

Spot the problem.

Personally, if I see you calling a news site wrong based on your political stance, I am inclined to believe I should trust that news site, because basically everything I see you post is a fallacy. Just fyi.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    There is likely a "Shy Tory" effect ...
    Pollsters got the last UK election very wrong. But I think inquests indicated it wasn't a Shy Tory effect, but a sampling problem. Nowadays, virtually no one answers their landline any more, so response rates to telephone polls are abysmal (less than 10%, compared to 40%+ ten years ago). Internet polls have very selective samples.

As I understand it, the problem with opinion polls nowadays is that it is very hard to be sure you have a representative sample of 2000 (or however many) voters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayse View Post
    Whatshisguy was pretty big news about the voting your conscience thing. RNC was fairly divided, nowhere near what the DNC looks like though.
    Yeah Ted Cruz who made political suicide by doing that. That was how unified the RNC was after all the division in the primaries that they have now shit listed the one guy that refused to unite. He was supposed to endorse as is evident from a picture of Newt's teleprompter when Newt went off script.

- - - Updated - - -

Spot the problem.
    I am center right actually but hey you get that. I used to be left centered until the left went completely insane five years back, a lot of us left leaning atheists were pushed to the right.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think writing in Bill Clinton right under Hillary would be pretty great.
    If you're a good artist, draw Bill getting a blowjob in the whitehouse while smiling.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they really aren't. It's a conservative-driven site, that has been caught pushing an agenda many, many times. They even left their reporter out to dry in order to continue that agenda.
    They also had Ben Shaprio and Michelle Ridges resign after trying to push their agenda against Trump. For a right sided conservative media outlet they at least source their material and stay factual a hell of a lot more than the majority of msm outlets. Your description fits just about every media outlet however.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Yeah Ted Cruz who made political suicide by doing that. That was how unified the RNC was after all the division in the primaries that they have now shit listed the one guy that refused to unite. He was supposed to endorse as is evident from a picture of Newt's teleprompter when Newt went off script.
    Wasn't there also one group of delegates that walked out on the first day as well because they didn't want Trump to be the nominee?

10+ Year Old Account

Spot the problem.
    lol I am not far right. I am center right and was more left of center before the left started to go batshit insane in the last five years with the new generation of young adults.

We now know, due to the DNC Leaks, that outlets like CNN have been caught literally staging interviews in which they asked questions that were written by the DNC. I mean, we know for a fact now that most of the media is literally a propaganda arm for the democratic party, so what standing does anyone have to accuse organizations like Breitbart of being inaccurate?

- - - Updated - - -

Spot the problem.
    The DNC, and by extension the Clinton campaign, have literally been scripting the questions which are asked in their staged 'interviews', I think this goes way beyond bias.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Pollsters got the last UK election very wrong. But I think inquests indicated it wasn't a Shy Tory effect, but a sampling problem. Nowadays, virtually no one answers their landline any more, so response rates to telephone polls are abysmal (less than 10%, compared to 40%+ ten years ago). Internet polls have very selective samples.
    For brexit they believe it was a combination of many factors: http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9738
    Including incorrectly trying to compensate for "shy tories" - called "reallocation of don’t knows" in that text.

The problem in a referendum and the coming US-election is that there isn't historic data to know how well the polls work.

BTW: If you want a joke read: https://news.markets/brexit/brexit-polls-wrong-20222/
    Last edited by Forogil; 2016-07-29 at 11:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Far left leaning liberal claiming that a far left leaning news site is less biased than a right leaning news site.
    I did?

He was wrong. I didn't claim anything in my post. Stop posting bullshit just because someone you like got caught in a lie.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    rofl

Breitbart doesn't care in the least about accuracy. They just wanted a poll that says Trump is winning. Reuters is changing the option to be in line with most other polls that are known for better accuracy. They changed the option from "Neither" to "Other/Wouldn't vote/refused"...they didn't drop despite what Breitbart says. Then again, Breitbart has never been known for accuracy in their own reporting...

That said, Reuters could improve their accuracy if they listed the primary 3rd party candidates as options. Breitbart should be happier about that since it tends to show better support for Trump when the options that will actually be on the ballot are listed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the secret Trump voters are very really. I don't think most people buy into the "everything is 100% fine and better than ever" the democrats were trying to sell at the DNC.

I really, really hope he wins. Hillary is not Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Most people find it very hard voting for Trump. Having said that, considering how ridiculously unpopular Hillary Clinton is, he might just have a chance.
    I mean... she does NOT look human.

Horror of horrors indeed.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Breitbart is a lot fucking better than huffpost mate. Also what is wrong with the breitbart article? The information is accurate and a link to the source material from reuters.
    Highly debatable, but, and this will be a huge shock to you, there are actually a lot better news sources than either Breitbart or Huffington Post.

What is wrong with the Breitbart article? "The Reuters/Ipsos polling team announced Friday that they are dropping the “Neither” option from their presidential preference polls..." is a lie. The didn't drop it...they renamed it.

Look at the video Josh Frank put up showing all the empty seats during the DNC.. The media will have you believe that Hillary is doing great. I have a feeling she will lose massively
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Most people find it very hard voting for Trump. Having said that, considering how ridiculously unpopular Hillary Clinton is, he might just have a chance.
    I think the biggest problem for Hillary is an enthusiasm gap. I don't know if there is polling to back the notion but just based on observation it seems like Trump's supporters like him a lot more than Hillary's supporters like her, on average. And when your choices are two delicious flavors of shit, that ordinarily will make a lot of people either not vote at all or vote third party. Who actually manages to get their supporters to the polls to vote for them is going to be a very big deal.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

15+ Year Old Account
    If you want a "neither" option you can just draw a massive cock on the voting sheet.
    I'm pretty sure they count that as a vote for Trump

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post

Horror of horrors indeed.
    Personally I find the much more horrifying thing is when you all try to criticize a 70-something year old grandmother on how bangable you think she is (or should be).

There are a lot of things I criticize Hillary for, but her Kardash-iosity is not one of them.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    What is wrong with the Breitbart article? "The Reuters/Ipsos polling team announced Friday that they are dropping the “Neither” option from their presidential preference polls..." is a lie. The didn't drop it...they renamed it.
    Not really correct either.

As far I understand they renamed "Neither/Other" to "Other"; so they didn't rename "Neither" - they renamed "Neither/Other".
    If breitbart just had people who were better at writing half-truths they would have said that Reuters are dropping "Neither" from the poll; which seems perfectly correct - and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm pretty sure they count that as a vote for Trump

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I find the much more horrifying thing is when you all try to criticize a 70-something year old grandmother on how bangable you think she is (or should be).

There are a lot of things I criticize Hillary for, but her Kardash-iosity is not one of them.
    That wasn't my particular aim at all, but thanks for jumping to conclusions friendly and example setting moderator. Reading the particular of the quote I responded to might have given you more context, but hey if you want to jump to conclusions and make yourself look not smart be my guest.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.