Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Wouldn't the acceleration shred him to bits?
    No, the terminal velocity of a human is not that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    There's a word I'm looking for here...

KERSPLAT!

Ah, yes.
    A winner of the Darwin Award for 2016?

Super disappointed... first thing that was said when the hour long show started was that "The SAG has force him to wear a parachute". False advertising and im angry now
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    He won't.
    I read in another article that they did testing and one dummy ended up 'dead', through the netting.

I think he will survive, but probably badly hurt
    Good thing this level of stupidity is covered by insurance.

Thanks Obama
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Super disappointed... first thing that was said when the hour long show started was that "The SAG has force him to wear a parachute". False advertising and im angry now
    Eh, whatever. Either he splats on the ground because he misses and the feed is cut, or he hits the net. I tried looking for a feed but refused to pay 1.99 for it.

So, what happened in the end?

Eh, whatever. Either he splats on the ground because he misses and the feed is cut, or he hits the net. I tried looking for a feed but refused to pay 1.99 for it.

So, what happened in the end?
    hasnt jumped just yet, getting ready to

Yeah I don't pay for tv but I am very interested in this

So... minutes before the jump, he took his parachute off... jumped without the chute, and completed the jump. He is not dead.

He made it
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm no one bothered to show the net he landed on. OR the pulley towers it was mounted to to decelerate his landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    So... minutes before the jump, he took his parachute off... jumped without the chute, and completed the jump. He is not dead.
    That's legit as fuck. Insane, but legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Hmmm no one bothered to show the net he landed on. OR the pulley towers it was mounted to to decelerate his landing.
    I had no idea he was jumping into a Playstation 2 level.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Tens of thousands of jumps? That's like 3 jumps per day for 20 years at minimum. I call BS.
    its actualy not that implausible.

having jumped couple of times, those guys basically go up, jump, go up, jump go up again, all day, every day. I think they did at least 7 or 8 groups per day at least when I went? and that's with extra time spent for on the ground demonstration/practice for the tourists. when they are jumping for themselves? there is less waiting between going back up, so... yeah...

that said... this dude is actualy probably less nuts than the guy who walked tight rope between sky scrapers. back and forth. the one they did a movie about?

Deleted
    He made it and here is the whole jump video:

https://streamable.com/h6bd

There are "extreme" free falling rides available to the public that get to 100 km/h (60mph).

Terminal velocity speed, the speed that this guy would be at when he hits the net, is around 200 km/h (120mph).

He almost didn't make it though:

Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2016-07-31 at 02:58 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its not a true live stream, it's delayed. Which is a party pooper.
    I'm watching just for the splat, if they don't show the splat why bother?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    He made it and here is the whole jump video:

https://streamable.com/h6bd

There are "extreme" free falling rides available to the public that get to 100 km/h (60mph).

Terminal velocity speed, the speed that this guy would be at when he hits the net, is around 200 km/h (120mph).

He almost didn't make it though:

holy shit i think i shit myself lying in bed watching this ... o_o
    Druid since Feb. 06

This was probably the most intense thing I've seen since I first watched Mustang Wanted.

damn it, i came to watch um something....and left disappointed.

trying to imagine to reactions of that live crowd if things went wrong there. would have been weird to see all the cheering just go silent.

How high up was the net apparatus? ~75kg, ~60 m/s^2 .... if the net tracks with him a little distance like the image above shows... would it be any different than slamming on the brakes in a car?