Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Not surprising that this happened in KY. You got your nicer folks around Lexington, but everywhere else it can be a mixed bag. Good on Judge Wolf for keeping it professional.
    I'm curious why you say this is not surprising it happened in KY and then add you got nicer folks in Lexington. Louisville is the 16th largest city in the nation, so it's not some farm town. But it's your belief that Lexington is the only "good city"?

The judge herself said this wasn't normal, unless we have something to prove otherwise, this is just some one off story that could of happened anywhere. Or are we going to claim that NY or Cali would NEVER have any kind of issues like these?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree that it seems like a story blown out of proportion at first read, merely that the judge didn't think she was dressed appropriately for court due to the large shirt and tiny shorts. But then the story goes on to say that there was no reason that the woman in question should have been in lockup longer than 24 hours (according to the judge) and the lawyer claimed that several women at the holding facility were not given pants and were denied feminine hygiene products.

I mean, not sure why these women don't have pants if true (???) but denying women tampons and pads is just gross.
    If the whole denying female's their tampons thing is true, I do agree that it screwed up. That's really just conjecture though, the lady after all didn't even know if she was in jail for 2 days or 3 days which is pretty weird. Who would get mixed up on something like that.

That being said, some of the other concerns I do think at least deserve investigating, but I do feel this story is being sensationalized because of the pants thing and many people reading it aren't aware of what actually happened.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Misdomenor shoplifting is acting like an animal and grounds for being treated inhumane?

She was also in jail for 3 days, plenty of time to find her some pants. I saw this story on reddit and were plenty of similar or worse offenses, but maybe all of them were lying.
    The charge was from 2014, from what I've read, her punishment was court appointed classes which she skipped. I don't think she should do 75 days in jail, but at the same time, I do think most people know if you skip that sort of thing you are going to get in a lot more trouble, especially as time continues to pass and you don't try to correct the issue. So it clearly wasn't just the shoplifting thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reality continues to crumble in the wake of David Bowie’s death

Scientists have concluded that Bowie was in some way integral to the function of what we call normality in ways which they have not yet properly begun to understand, but postulate a hitherto unknown particle called the ‘Bowon’ which helped the universe keep its shit together.

Researchers at the Large Hadron Collider have added the Bowon to the list of particles they are looking for after recognising that things ‘really started to get all kinds of freaky’ after January 10th of this year.

“It started with small things,” said Professor of Applied Bowie Physics Simon Williams.

“Leicester winning the league, for example.

“But as time goes on, what we humans perceive as ‘normal’ is being revealed as a shared group illusion which is collapsing at an ever-increasing rate.

“Donald Trump leading in the polls. Hillary Clinton getting the nomination. Boris Johnson becoming Foreign Secretary. Jeremy Corbyn being allowed to remain where he is. That sort of thing.

“Stuff that simply would not happen in a sane world.”

Preliminary experimentation in subtracting the Bowon from other fundamental particles indicates that they just lose something of their Strangeness and Charm, and scientists theorise that this is what’s happening to everything, really.

Staff at CERN have taken to playing Space Oddity down the LHC really loudly to try and pull things back together, and will report on their findings.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the judge thought she wasn't wearing ANY sort of pants due to her long shirt hiding her shorts. After she discovered she did actually have shorts on it shifted more towards hygiene and the amount of time she was being held. Sensational story to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    This situation sounds like a very small crossing of wires.

She was wearing shorts. She wasn't in her underwear. She was wearing the shorts she was arrested in. She wasn't in jail long enough to require a jumpsuit. The fact that "short bike shorts require a jumpsuit" might have been lost on the people at the prison.

Now, maybe this prison additionally has issues with how it treats other inmates, and they may be on to something with the denial of other services to this woman in question, but this "pantsless" thing doesn't seem like anything more than a mix-up.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Smooth like chunky-style peanut butter.
    Oh, I can almost feel it grating down the throat in a painfull manner... good analogy!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    They have shower days atleast here in Sweden and i guess its the same in US.
    So u have to wait for the next shower day if u miss it but i guess week feminist females need special treatment as usual, equality my ass.

And new feminazis are all for being sluts so i dont get why she is so upset mayby she is a old school feminist or something.

There are parts of this country where inmates are treated like animals. I won't make any claims as to what states these are, but their political leanings tend to be of the red persuasion.
    ahh yes

native american territory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    So the woman had on shorts but not pants and that's a huge deal to you ? Denying her feminine products is probably a bad thing in today's society but other than that, I'm afraid I don't understand why this is even being brought up.
    cause a judge overreacted and misjudged a situation. she should probably be fired for being so dumb, if she got this wrong and its right in front of her eyes what else does she get wrong on a daily basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    You can tell how corrupt and disgusting the system is when the judge says that she refuses to sentence her to what the first judge considered was "Fair", 75 days in jail... for shoplifting. This woman was lucky that she got a judge that actually cares about justice, and isn't just using the position to pad her resume, and make money.
    hate when people say stupid shit like this

taking in no consideration of priors or if the suspect is on probation at the time. so ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Underwear not " shorts "
    "athletic shorts"

the same ones she wears when she goes in public to commit her crimes.

whats next? paying for some idiots tats to be covered up for court??? liberals yo, it dont stop.

They sent her to court in what she was wearing when she was arrested. That was her choice of clothes and her clothes. If they do not plan to hold you long, they don't change you into prison clothes....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    whats next? paying for some idiots tats to be covered up for court??? liberals yo, it dont stop.
    It will never stop. As soon as you accept this craziness, they will up the ante to the next step in craziness. It is their "step by step" plan.

Deleted
    Let the wang flow free. Assuming she's a trannie.

Ahem? Her crime was failing to attend classes; you cannot actually 'commit' it dressed in particular way.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

hate when people say stupid shit like this

taking in no consideration of priors or if the suspect is on probation at the time. so ignorant.
    Hate when people say stupid shit like this

taking in no consideration that even the judge said multiple times that there was no other charges or extenuating circumstances, which was why she thought that the original judgement was so ridiculous. So ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

"athletic shorts"

She was probably picked up at her home, because the bench warrant was issued for failing to attend a class. Really, if you even just listen a little bit to what is going on, you wouldn't look so foolish and hate filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    The woman was wearing shorts. Her OWN shorts she was wearing when she was arrested. Oh my fucking god the horror. This legal system is so messed up
    That are likely now soiled given that she was denied feminine hygiene products or a shower for 72 hours.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post

Link: https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/wat...nto-courtroom/

There's even more to the story, which you can see from the video, because the woman makes it clear that others are in the same situation in that jail.

The judge then tries to give strong hints to the woman to hire a lawyer and sue the jail or county.
    Sue for what? She is wearing the same clothing she was arrested in. Thus whole thing is a farce, brought up by the lawyer to bring sympathy for her client, and the sheep bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Hate when people say stupid shit like this

taking in no consideration that even the judge said multiple times that there was no other charges or extenuating circumstances, which was why she thought that the original judgement was so ridiculous. So ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

She was probably picked up at her home, because the bench warrant was issued for failing to attend a class. Really, if you even just listen a little bit to what is going on, you wouldn't look so foolish and hate filled.
    ... this makes my head hurt

obviously she was on probation for the original crime and failed to complete her probation which resulted in her bench warrant. hence the sentence. the judge is an idiot and grandstanding and should be fired.

Is there a clear picture of what the girl looked like? It looked totally normal to me but I only skimmed the video.

15+ Year Old Account

obviously she was on probation for the original crime and failed to complete her probation which resulted in her bench warrant. hence the sentence. the judge is an idiot and grandstanding and should be fired.
    It was a class she failed to attend, you don't need to be on probation to have a bench warrant issued. The judge did her job. She gave the woman a reasonable sentence for her crime, and took a stand against moral injustice.

You can keep trying to argue all you want, but you are wrong, and you will continue to be wrong.

The judge should be fired... from an elected position?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Is it normal for judges to have computers in the courtroom now? Either way, I applaud her for her anti-bullshit tactics.
    3-4 years ago when my name was drawn for Jury Duty they did not have one in the room.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Is there a clear picture of what the girl looked like? It looked totally normal to me but I only skimmed the video.
    It was the black woman that comes into the video at around 23 seconds in.