Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Something has been bugging me lately...

I don't know how to put it, but I have always been 'haunted' by this eerie void. Ever since I can remember actually and I think it is connected with growing up fatherless. I have always suppressed this feeling through school, work, friends, sport, video-games etc. But it just lingers in the background. Coming out on a rainy pretty grim saturday. Do you simply ignore it? Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Parhamz View Post
    I don't know how to put it, but I have always been 'haunted' by this eerie void. Ever since I can remember actually and I think it is connected with growing up fatherless. I have always suppressed this feeling through school, work, friends, sport, video-games etc. But it just lingers in the background. Coming out on a rainy pretty grim saturday. Do you simply ignore it? Does anyone know what I am talking about?
    I'm sorry you grew up fatherless and feel an emptiness around you. That is something no one should feel.

Have you considered talking to a professional therapist about this?

They won't be able to fill or remove the void you feel, but the right one can help you at least identify its cause from which you can heal.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Seek a professional therapist who can assist you properly

THis is the last place you want to look.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fill the void by filling the void of someone else

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    THis is the last place you want to look.
    GenOT is like the Babylon 5 of all things mental. The last, best, hope for peace.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    I fill the void by filling the void of someone else
    "Location: The Void"
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

You can fill a void with alcohol.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You can fill a void with alcohol.
    That is poor advice.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    That is poor advice.
    You're right.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's called depression friend. Seeking out Therapy, and getting some medication should help you to see the world beyond the void.
    Sorry to hear that you grew up without a father, but as someone who grew up with a father that might as well have not even existed, it is important to view life as it is, not how it could/should have been.

One of the hardest things to do is to accept that you are who you are, and there is no way that you can go back and change who you are; Who you want to be tomorrow is what's important.

I hope you can find the help that you need, because the world IS a beautiful place if you allow it to be.

Wew, single parent households tend to be far worse environments for children to grow up in than two parent ones - who could've thought!

OP, I had the same childhood (or at the very least, similiar) - poor as hell, single mom working two jobs to care of me and my sister.
    I know what you're talking about.

My advice - learn to live with it. There is no other way around it.
    And oh, don't become a parent. People like us tend to be horrible parents.

Evidently you need more memes in your life.

Get a hobby or talk to a professional therapist.

I recommend talking to a doctor. Depression is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruujik View Post
    Wew, single parent households tend to be far worse environments for children to grow up in than two parent ones - who could've thought!

OP, I had the same childhood (or at the very least, similiar) - poor as hell, single mom working two jobs to care of me and my sister.

Only if you choose to be horrible one. If anything, from your own experiences you should know what to do different.

For example. If someone beats you, from that you should learn how bad it is, and never do it yourself to others, instead of beating someone else in return. Learn from mistakes other people do, instead of repeat them yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

This is the worst place to ask for help on something like that.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't know 100% sure if it's a depression or not. Therapy could work, but I am just a very deep person and generally people around me are more shallow. I have a feeling it will have the same effect with a therapist who is more textbook smart and applies things he/she has learned. But it is an option though, for later maybe. Not sure about medication though...altering your brain with chemicals might not always be the right choice.

Oh I am not planning on becoming a parent. Not now and maybe never. It is sad though that you can't pass on your genes in a way but the world is overly crowded as it is and children will add more pressure/stress. Children almost feel like your own life is ended and you have a project to succeed.

I don't know if it's harsh but maybe I come more from a 'weaker' gene? And it's meant to die off in a world of survival of the fittest. After all you will have some characteristics of your dad. I am not dipping my hand into that cookie jar lol. People like us need it as comfortable as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Only if you choose to be horrible one. If anything, from your own experiences you should know what to do different.

For example. If someone beats you, from that you should learn how bad it is, and never do it yourself to others, instead of beating someone else in return. Learn from mistakes other people do, instead of repeat them yourself.
    Easy to say, especially when you have no idea how to be a parent in the first place as you had nothing to learn from.
    And what I said is a fact - kids raised in a single parent household tend to repeat the same mistakes.

Deleted
    Easy to say, especially when you have no idea how to be a parent in the first place as you had nothing to learn from.
    And what I said is a fact - kids raised in a single parent household tend to repeat the same mistakes.
    Having no dad, or coming from a single parent is one of the worst things a kid has to go through. Self esteem, how to conduct yourself, how to be a man, advice, human bounding, social norms, studies, jobs, sports and the list goes on.

There is a reason a lot of fatherless kids end up in jail and other self-destructive activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your really asking on the wrong website here.

Then again, I dunno what website you could ask on. Try a religious one, they're convert you, try an atheist one, their tell you to look into physiology, try a ghost one, their sell you a lifetime membership.

You can look to your own parents, and see where you could yourself improve on, when being a parent yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhamz View Post
    Having no dad, or coming from a single parent is one of the worst things a kid has to go through. Self esteem, how to conduct yourself, how to be a man, advice, human bounding, social norms, studies, jobs, sports and the list goes on.

There is a reason a lot of fatherless kids end up in jail and other self-destructive activities.
    Not really. Having abusive one, or useless uncaring ass like I had is worse than not having one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.