Poll: What do you think?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blood Elf female weapon sizes - Bigger is better?

In recent events we had someone on twitter voicing their concerns for Blood Elf female weapon size being too small. In that case it was the demon hunter weapons in particular but I've seen here and there comments following that some think this is true for all weapons when it comes to the female blood elves. As of recently I watched Bellulargamings video on youtube where he casually mentions in the end that he'd expect them to look over more weapons than the glaives.

Full disclosure. Personally I'm not a fan of the idea of tinkering with the sizes. I pretty much can't stand to play some races because some weapons simply become too goofy looking when they're enormous, and I'd rather see more of the character than of the weapon. Hence I think Blood Elves and the girl in particular has a good ratio.

When we got the new models, they did touch on the weapon size, as they now are notably bigger when unsheathed. This makes the unsheath animation look kind of weird as the weapons instantly grows when they are taken out for combat. Not so glad about that either. But I digress as we know that many new models have lots of tiny kinks.

Here's how some weapons look sheathed in 7.0.3 as of right now.

Personally I'm fine with all of these. But I'm really interested to hear and gain some statistics what people really think.

I made a tiny poll up top. Don't miss it. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Still too small. Human female weapon size is how it's supposed to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly OT: I have less of an issue with the size of the Warglaives in particular but rather how they're sheathed way to high on the back which is an issue for all Demon Hunters.

Looks dumb as hell.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Idk how you could complain about Fantasy weapons being too big. If anything it makes more sense we'd have bigger weapons because of the intense size of the monsters we fight.

The issue is the weapons look so small that they look silly. Like a kid's toy or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Slightly OT: I have less of an issue with the size of the Warglaives in particular but rather how they're sheathed way to high on the back which is an issue for all Demon Hunters.

Looks dumb as hell.
    I agree, looks super stupid. Needs to be down further to the mid-back. Unfortunately, seems they are stuck like that.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

It has been reported years ago that blood elf female weapon size was ridiculously small. Some one hand sword were actually smaller than daggers.

I personally asked about it many time during various alphas. Now that blizzard has woken up to this fact with demon hunters, I hope as hell that they will make all blood elf female weapons biggers, same as human female. They can add an option for those that want to keep fighting with toothpicks so as not to break their "fantasy".

to the OP your screenshots are misleading.

put a human female, a human gnome, a goblin female and a blood female in the same screenshot with a variety of one handers and two handers.

in all situations the be weapon is way smaller.

in some cases the weapon is SO small it is laughable.
    Last edited by psyquest; 2016-07-30 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All in all I can't say something other than that whew.. overwhelmingly many of you want them bigger, it seems. I was thinking maybe it's just a loud minority that thinks that but it looks like maybe I'm wrong. I at least hope they won't touch 1H weapon sizes too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Still too small. Human female weapon size is how it's supposed to be!
    I cringe at the very thought xD. Like seriously, after playing belf I can't stand looking at weapons on them as I imagine them being made out of rubber foam or something.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    to the OP your screenshots are misleading.

put a human female, a human gnome, a goblin female and a blood female in the same screenshot with a variety of one handers and two handers.
    I'm not sure how you end thinking it's misleading. It's not like I was saying "blood elf weapon sizes are as big as everyone else's! Look, here is no proof" because the fact that they are smaller is indisputable. I was just providing a shot so one could look and determine for themselves if you think it looks too bad or not.

Some one hand sword were actually smaller than daggers.
    Perhaps if a big race is wearing the dagger and the blood elf is holding the sword. For the race itself things are to scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to make them irresponsibly huge, so big they would get stuck in Orgrimmar entrance.

So roll something else.

In the list of "big deals" the weapons of one race-gender being slightly small isn't one at all.

But seeing as it's a blood elf, I'm sure their fan base will make it out to be literally the worst thing ever.

Meanwhile my goblin's ears, nose and hair clips through every single helmet, goggles and hood in the entire game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how big the human female weapons are, I'm fine with small (or normal, compared to her size) weapons for female blood elves.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I think the images in OP look fine. That said, I don't play a blood elf, so /shrug.

The size for one and two-handers are alright enough, but personally I hope they fix the shield sizes. Honestly pretty tired of every shield I equip looking like tiny bucklers.

The few exceptions - like Bulwark of Azzinoth; but let's be honest, even that looks far smaller than normal ('normal' as far as an oversized shield with spikes on it goes) on female belfs - aren't really my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-07-31 at 03:06 PM.

Looks dumb as hell.
    well with how their grabbed it would be impossible to grab them if they were lower... all the charecters have them high up... cause the handles have to be in range of hands, or else you would be grabbing the blades, pulling them out, then grabbing the handles...

please, reach over your shoulders, and tell me how far down your back YOU can reach, also remeber if you arnt carful you could cut your hands, and somone is about to attack you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I agree, looks super stupid. Needs to be down further to the mid-back. Unfortunately, seems they are stuck like that.
    then they wouldent be able to use them, because how could they reach the handles^^^^^^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    On front page, regarding Demon Hunter weapons: "It's not the size of the weapon, it's how you use it."

They said they're taking it seriously, though
    well yeah, demon hunters are ment to be agile, and perfect demonic assassins, using a large weapon is clunky and slow, fast weapons allow them to strike key points quickly

imagine seeing a rogue using the black hand....

Deleted
    They have been to big since the new models :S Atleast the 1 handed weapons.

TBH, I really like that fem belves have smaller weapons/shields :3 It looks kinda cute

Just slightly bigger imo, not Female human rediculous, but larger so I can appreciate weapons without squinting.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    well with how their grabbed it would be impossible to grab them if they were lower... all the charecters have them high up... cause the handles have to be in range of hands, or else you would be grabbing the blades, pulling them out, then grabbing the handles...

please, reach over your shoulders, and tell me how far down your back YOU can reach, also remeber if you arnt carful you could cut your hands, and somone is about to attack you
    I think the handle was more of a misdirection after looking at those pictured and comparing it the Twinblades.

For me, the real underlying issue was the lack of full length and symmetry found in the pair shown in the photo whereas the Twinblades offer a more 'full' look... but it seems as though even those on the Female Blood Elf exhibit the same issue where they curve out from the back rather than half-way down the ass which is seen in nearly every other race/gender.

I'm sort of indifferent towards the smaller weapon models used with Female Blood Elves but does the model actually get squished in certain areas as well? Because the glaives in the photo certainly aren't symmetrical and that's kind of bullshit if that look is exclusive to Fem BEs.

I wish I had beta to know stuff.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-07-31 at 04:41 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I think the handle was more of a misdirection after looking at those pictured and comparing it the Twinblades.

For me, the real underlying issue was the lack of full length and symmetry found in the pair shown in the photo whereas the Twinblades offer a more 'full' look... but it seems as though even those on the Female Blood Elf exhibit the same issue where they curve out from the back rather than half-way down the ass which is seen in nearly every other race/gender.

I'm sort of indifferent towards the smaller weapon models used with Female Blood Elves but does the model actually get squished in certain areas as well? Because the glaives in the photo certainly aren't symmetrical and that's kind of bullshit if that look is exclusive to them.
    they are symetrical in where they are on her shoulders, but the blood elves are well... ummm >#> so the way they stand they have a sorta slant to their body...

ok their sluts, and they stand seductively, sorta leading into that shoulder tilt situation...

Maybe more tech understanding people will know, would the technology / programming to allow players to scale the weapon to personal preferences be very difficult? (obviously on a set spectrum though as to avoid ridiculousness)

Deleted
    Blood Elves are fragile beings. They just can't handle bigger weapons.

It's just like Kael'thas Sunweaver said.