Lightbulb How to manage Soul Reaper on unholy?

So i was looking at both the wowhead and icy veins guides and neither explains how to properly rotate soul reaper into the priority. Just returning to the game so no legendary ring for me.

So the issue im having now is when soul reaper is off CD you require 4 runes to get maximum value out of it- 1 to cast it and 3 to scourge strike for 3 stacks of haste buff- also you have to spend 4 runes before hand on festering strike to build up festering wounds. If i wait on having the runes available I find myself doing nothing for many GCDs waiting to have the resources to take advantage of it. Is it supposed to be like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elesion View Post
    So i was looking at both the wowhead and icy veins guides and neither explains how to properly rotate soul reaper into the priority. Just returning to the game so no legendary ring for me.

So the issue im having now is when soul reaper is off CD you require 4 runes to get maximum value out of it- 1 to cast it and 3 to scourge strike for 3 stacks of haste buff- also you have to spend 4 runes before hand on festering strike to build up festering wounds. If i wait on having the runes available I find myself doing nothing for many GCDs waiting to have the resources to take advantage of it. Is it supposed to be like that?
    Yes it is, because the artifact + soul reaper is really good (You can't burst all stacks with one spell).
    Clawing Shadow got nerfed, so you can take Castigator, and then hope for your SS's to crit and burst 2 to 3 wounds in one strike. You should still wait till you have at least 2 runes and 2 others coming back soon, or when you get a Runic Corruption proc.
    This will get easier once you get some haste tho .