Greataxe and Greatsword of the Ebon Blade

I wasn't sure where to put this. Either in the DK section or here, but here it goes.

I have completed the Death Knight starting area at least 3 if not four times, and yet I cannot transmog either of these weapons. I'm on my DK, yet it shows the red border around the picture of the weapon saying I have earned the transmog for the weapon, but cannot use it for some reason. Usually when this happens, it usually tells me why (usually I need to be the right level to transmog), but it never tells me why I cannot transmog these particular weapons.

Has anyone else run into this problem with their DKs?

Not experiencing that issue myself.
    Just changed to blood so I could see eligible 2h weapons, and both are available to me.
    Seems to not be a consistent issue, so I would contact blizzard about that.

Edit: Just checked on Unholy too, and the same result. Able to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Same for me. But not only for the weapon, but for the whole equipment set. The blue one you get during questing, the starting gear is in my collection.

Deleted
    Same problem, i cant transmog the weapon or the blue set either, they don't even show up on the transmog section, even thought i have them in my void-storage

I was taking a look at the transmog bug thread on the official forums and one thing that might end up happening is that WotLK transmog is unavailable until I am available for those quests (aka level 68), but I am still able to wear the DK starting equipment so this is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I was taking a look at the transmog bug thread on the official forums and one thing that might end up happening is that WotLK transmog is unavailable until I am available for those quests (aka level 68), but I am still able to wear the DK starting equipment so this is weird.
    That does sound odd, and I don't know if that's intended or not, but you should try for level 68 and see if it indeed unlocks those looks for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    That does sound odd, and I don't know if that's intended or not, but you should try for level 68 and see if it indeed unlocks those looks for you.
    Seems to be the issue. Just checked one of my abandoned DKs (this one is at 85) and he is able to transmog both of the weapons and all of the DK gear.

Another issue I found was that the starting weapon, the Massacre Sword is unable to be transmogged, while the rest of the starting gear can.

Deleted
    Has anyone else run into this problem with their DKs?
    Standing at the Mog NPC right now, I can change to both the Runed Soulblade (very first weapon you create) as well as the Greatsword and Greataxe. Level 100, no problem there. But for lower level characters, there are indeed level restrictions in place, so that should be why they're locked. The starting equipment is not level locked, but the quests from which the blue gear comes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Same for me. But not only for the weapon, but for the whole equipment set. The blue one you get during questing, the starting gear is in my collection.
    I thought I had this issue too, then I went to wowhead to see which models also used those appearances. I found that I have all the items in my collection, just not always listed under the proper name. If you have some Heart-Lesion items from the salvage yard, you'll probably have them listed as that instead of the original item names.

Another issue I found was that the starting weapon, the Massacre Sword is unable to be transmogged, while the rest of the starting gear can.
    That might be the same case as above, another name. Look for Runed Soulblade instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That might be the same case as above, another name. Look for Runed Soulblade instead.
    Did. Unable to transmog to the Runed Soulblade because the Runed Soulblade is a quest item.

Deleted
    In that case, provided the character is 60+, it must be a bug...

I just found this on the apperance library bugs thread on the main forums:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=27#post-522

Looks like they know and are trying to get a fix in.

Originally Posted by Zugsworth
    I updated the second post with where we're at on hotfixes. I believe most major issues have been fixed. It turns out that there are some issues with the new PVP items that can't be hotfixed, as well as capital city tabards and the Death Knight starting quest line gear. These issues will be corrected in a later patch, and we're investigating why these were not hotfixable in the first place. We're also continuing to look at Quel'delar issues.

For future patches we are also discussing some improvements to the UI to make what is and is not eligible to be added to your transmog library, as we recognize that we could do a better job of clarity without adding too much verbosity.
    - - - Updated - - -

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...ge=31#post-601

Originally Posted by Zugsworth
    I have all the pcs for the Guardian's Scaled SET and been using the set for my transmog for a few years now. But now after the patch I cannt use the Guardian's Scaled Belt or the Guardian's Scaled Greaves now. there in my bag but does not show up in the transmog menu to use. Please help fix this. thanks

I am a paladin and have been wearing the whole set for a while.
    Warrodd on stormrage
    We repaired the incorrect restrictions on this, but in doing so, we discovered a bug that was preventing the transmog library from correctly picking up that change. This is also what is causing the Blood Knight or Death Knight start quest gear to behave badly. We will fix this in the first patch.