Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shipyards still worth building?

I haven't playing since 6.1 and now I've noticed you can get heirlooms from shipyard mission.
    I really am only interested in the heirlooms, is it still worth trying to get those? Is it similar to the normal missions that I need weeks and months to get my followers to an appropriate level?

Thanks!

It's faster than the follower missions, but really not worth it at this point, unless you want the related achievements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really worth it, I only use mine to get that extra armor box for transmogs.

Then again, if this is your first, yes. There is a mount to obtain from the Shipyard missions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    You need the Shipyard to access the reps of Tanaan. Also, the 3 hierloom rings provide a 5% xp bonus, and will likely scale up to 110 come 7.1 or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might want the 2 hats for transmog... or the 'Captain' title

Not really, overall the whole Garrison is useless, unless you want to complete the achievements or obtain some mounts. They nerfed everything - no point doing missions, they no longer give gold also no point gathering garrison resources because with 10k you can now buy max 200 Draenic dust for an example.
    Last edited by Adlian; 2016-07-31 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks you all, but I really only care for the heirlooms. Do those come from high end missions where I need the perfect counter, or are they low/mid level?

Well, there's still the passive income from baleful missions and raid boxes, as well as primal spirits, sorcerous elements, things like that. But it's not really amazing income like it used to be. I doubt it's worth even upgrading the garrison to level 3 to start the quest chain for it unless you're REALLY a completionst for your characters.

The heirloom ring missions "require" quite a large amount of counters. But the base success chance is 30%, so with enough attempts you'll get them regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    no point gathering garrison resources because with 10k you can now buy max 200 Draenic dust for an example.
    Eh...you can use a trading post to passively gather all kinds of mats, then craft things to sell. Go tailoring and make hexweave bags, for example. Or rare xmogs.

Like I said above, it's not amazingly easy income, but it's still a trickle for almost no work.

10+ Year Old Account
    the rings are pretty easy to get. you no longer lose ships if the success chance is at least 90% and 90% is an absolute cinch to get to if you have the majority of the equipment items unlocked. I never did get the one from felreaver or whatever unlocked but had no problem completing every major mission including the three rings anyway. you will want epic ships but you have plenty of time and really they're great heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    All you need for the ring missions is carrier and destroyer with pandaren crew which is rng

7+ Year Old Account
    If you still want the heirloom rings, then yes it's worth it, because it's the only way to get them. Just make sure you kill the one dude in Tanaan that drops the ghostly spyglass though. The ring missions will never pop until you get it. I got all 3 rings in a week and a half (was using 2 toons for it) after I got the spyglass.

Theyre mid level and will keep coming back if u fail them.

Deleted
    Not really, overall the whole Garrison is useless, unless you want to complete the achievements or obtain some mounts. They nerfed everything - no point doing missions, they no longer give gold also no point gathering garrison resources because with 10k you can now buy max 200 Draenic dust for an example.
    You can get 500 draenei dust for 10k garrison resources, which as an enchanter is quite a bit of gold for no work at all

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Second week pre-patch:

Shipyards still give away some heirloom gears tokens, some crafting mats, some LFR boxes and the heirloom rings. If you have some gold and need any of these items sure go ahead.
    Ah yeah. forgot about those heirloom rings! They're worth it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You can get 500 draenei dust for 10k garrison resources, which as an enchanter is quite a bit of gold for no work at all
    Depends on the daily dust price. 500 dust is around 800gold but its still something for zero effort.

Deleted
    Depends on the daily dust price. 500 dust is around 800gold but its still something for zero effort.
    Worst case you turn them into crystals and double the profit

If you still had time to do the legendary chain it would be worth it, but you're out of time on that now unless you're fairly well along.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I've bought mine on an alt a few days before pre-patch. Managed to get 2-3 gold missions down before. Now i don't think i queued a single mission since pre-patch. Just useless now.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.