Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    You sure? I just tried it on live on lots of different scenarios (albeit now raiding is kind of a joke) and PS isn't going to be good unless the adds live for it's full duration, what's unlikely for now and even more unlikely when we start overgearing fights.

    I think it's like cataclysm, a niche talent that can shine, but now has it's damage spread over ~13 sec instead of a burst.

    I can't see the artifact changing this line of thought.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    I can't see the artifact changing this line of thought.
    I think the main potential artifact compliment is being able to eat 3+ souls with Reap Souls and get the buff for PS's full duration. And I suppose it'll also benefit from the two +Shadow Damage traits.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    You sure? I just tried it on live on lots of different scenarios (albeit now raiding is kind of a joke) and PS isn't going to be good unless the adds live for it's full duration, what's unlikely for now and even more unlikely when we start overgearing fights.

    I think it's like cataclysm, a niche talent that can shine, but now has it's damage spread over ~13 sec instead of a burst.

    I can't see the artifact changing this line of thought.
    Well yes, PS isn't going to be useful in WoD. The raiding is already done. And yes, the 1m AOE CD will be a niche talent.

    Decent use in Mythic+ and possibly certain mythic progression fights (though your raid will probably have better AOE burst options)

    It's just nice to see that they are actually looking at the class at least.

  4. #44
    The Patient Terryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Huntsville AL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    You sure? I just tried it on live on lots of different scenarios (albeit now raiding is kind of a joke) and PS isn't going to be good unless the adds live for it's full duration, what's unlikely for now and even more unlikely when we start overgearing fights.

    I think it's like cataclysm, a niche talent that can shine, but now has it's damage spread over ~13 sec instead of a burst.

    I can't see the artifact changing this line of thought.
    Its a lot better going into legion. Lots of cases where you need the burst aoe, similiar to when cata can be good, except its also over that 13-16 second duration (haste reduction). Its nothing to do with the artifact and actually due to the mechanics going into your mythic + specifically. Its major niche, is the fact that it is a 25 yard range centered around the target, which means its absolutely enormous (Probably the largest AOE in existence right now) which means theres possibility for a few niche times where you will be able to take advantage of it.

    combine it with the fact you can reap for +10-42% damage (pending on your ranks / relics) theres pretty good burst potential.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Its a lot better going into legion. Lots of cases where you need the burst aoe, similiar to when cata can be good, except its also over that 13-16 second duration (haste reduction). Its nothing to do with the artifact and actually due to the mechanics going into your mythic + specifically. Its major niche, is the fact that it is a 25 yard range centered around the target, which means its absolutely enormous (Probably the largest AOE in existence right now) which means theres possibility for a few niche times where you will be able to take advantage of it.

    combine it with the fact you can reap for +10-42% damage (pending on your ranks / relics) theres pretty good burst potential.
    Would you say it's "take into Mythic+ and open with PS into Seeds on every second pull with 4+ trash" viable or "take into a select few fights where you know beforehand there will be big meaty add packs that are low priority" viable?
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    most men find them selves being covertly abused by women since rosa parks decided she was too good for the back of the bus.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Its a lot better going into legion. Lots of cases where you need the burst aoe, similiar to when cata can be good, except its also over that 13-16 second duration (haste reduction). Its nothing to do with the artifact and actually due to the mechanics going into your mythic + specifically. Its major niche, is the fact that it is a 25 yard range centered around the target, which means its absolutely enormous (Probably the largest AOE in existence right now) which means theres possibility for a few niche times where you will be able to take advantage of it.

    combine it with the fact you can reap for +10-42% damage (pending on your ranks / relics) theres pretty good burst potential.
    I heard aff is doing pretty well in dungeons, running 3/2/1/2/3/3/2 - but Wont that affect your st alot? Also with that setup you Pretty much spam drain all Day on bosses what setup Would you run for Dungeons?
    Last edited by Faylo; 2016-08-05 at 11:32 PM.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedleyo/simple
    Alt1: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Faymi/simple
    Alt2: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedlezz/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  7. #47
    The Patient Terryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Huntsville AL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I heard aff is doing pretty well in dungeons, running 3/2/1/2/3/3/2 - but Wont that affect your st alot? Also with that setup you Pretty much spam drain all Day on bosses what setup Would you run for Dungeons?
    If by dungeons you are referring to m+, part of the m+ is the speed factor, and aff aoe sustain is pretty stout right now, which will get you through those trash pulls much faster. Your boss damage is also effected by how many shards you have stocked up, and if you can get bonus shards from adds on the fight (especially with drain). More adds = stronger stain from quick drain snipes, agony shards, soul flame cleave, etc.

  8. #48
    Well not to mention if you pull the boss pretty quickly after the last add pack chances are you'll have both souls and shards so you can open with a UA dump.

  9. #49
    Question regarding the multi-target adds advice:

    "If any targets will be alive for greater than 30 seconds and you have Absolute Corruption, hit them with corruption if they will not be hit by seed of corruption. This will give bonus Compounding Horror stacks."

    What if AC is not taken? Is Corruption a waste of GCDs then?

    Also, a suggestion for Terryn.

    The Adds and Multi-Target sections may be easier to interpret if you make two sections regarding stacked and non-stacked adds since the strategy is pretty different, especially in the multi-target section

  10. #50
    Drain soul does about 25% more than drain life. Certainly not 100%. Good guide though.

  11. #51
    The Patient Terryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Huntsville AL
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    Question regarding the multi-target adds advice:

    "If any targets will be alive for greater than 30 seconds and you have Absolute Corruption, hit them with corruption if they will not be hit by seed of corruption. This will give bonus Compounding Horror stacks."

    What if AC is not taken? Is Corruption a waste of GCDs then?
    Cor still does pretty solid damage. Any time its 2-3 targets its still worth it to put cor up, even if its simply for CH stacks. If those mobs are within seed explosion radius of eachother, seed is a 2.5 second base cast, which is less than 2gcds, so its always worth it to at least throw this up if you aren't moving.

    Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    Also, a suggestion for Terryn.

    The Adds and Multi-Target sections may be easier to interpret if you make two sections regarding stacked and non-stacked adds since the strategy is pretty different, especially in the multi-target section
    Excellent suggestion, will do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Drain soul does about 25% more than drain life. Certainly not 100%. Good guide though.
    oops, will update. The first draft of this guide was made a while ago (I'm still finding cases where I've called it Compound Interest instead of compounding horror) so this must have slipped through the cracks.

  12. #52
    What I see is that Affliction has much more interesting play with the artifact traits than the other two specs.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

  13. #53
    Your wrong about wrath of consumption it does work but you have to reap before you gain stacks because it doesn't update in the spell icon when you mouse over it if you reap after you gained stacks..affi seems so buggy.

  14. #54
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    1,146
    Made some wa's for affliction. Wish Effigy never went live :<


  15. #55
    Discord link in the OP is dead.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    Drain soul does about 25% more than drain life. Certainly not 100%. Good guide though.

    a few weeks ago it was 50% more..have they changed it again then
    Last edited by wooters; 2016-08-07 at 01:45 PM.

  17. #57
    How close are Effigy and Soul Conduit to each other on single target? On two targets?

    I'm considering ignoring the talent and just taking the (slight) dps loss, but I'm wondering how hard this would really hit me.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    most men find them selves being covertly abused by women since rosa parks decided she was too good for the back of the bus.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    How close are Effigy and Soul Conduit to each other on single target? On two targets?

    I'm considering ignoring the talent and just taking the (slight) dps loss, but I'm wondering how hard this would really hit me.
    For ST, Effigy doubles the amount of Agonies going, increasing shard generation by up to 41% over one Agony (squareroot of number of Agonies ticking). I remember reading something about the Agony rolling on Effigy not having the full shard generation coefficient so it's not quite as good as having two proper targets. Shard generation is still noticeably better compared to Conduit on one target. The fact that you're spending more globals on DoT refreshing instead of draining is made up for by the damage transferred. Note that Effigy becomes a tad better once the class trinket stops working. What you end up with is a net gain in shards. This translates into ~10% more UAs compared to Conduit. With UA making up roughly 30% of your total damage, I'd estimate Effigy to be between five and ten percent better. That's just a ballpark estimate, though. That figure obviously goes down as the amount of targets increases (i.e. council style encounters).

    I'd venture to say that both talents are roughly equal on two targets. On three targets, Conduit pulls ahead with the current amount of damage transferred and shard mechanics being the way they are. There are obviously cases where you'd have to spend too many globals on Effigy, having to reposition it and it being a general PITA to handle. In those situations Conduit pulls ahead regardless of how many targets there are. The opposite also holds true: Cheesing mass AoE into Effigy can be ridiculous on certain encounters (Skorpyron, hue).

    Edit: Note that picking Effigy is better if you play Absolute Corruption. Conduit benefits tremendously from Contagion. Since T19 boosts shard generation drastically, achieving high Contagion uptimes becomes easier, creating a feedback on the relative strength of Effigy vs Conduit.
    Last edited by 101blubb; 2016-08-07 at 04:14 PM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by 101blubb View Post
    The opposite also holds true: Cheesing mass AoE into Effigy can be ridiculous on certain encounters (Skorpyron, hue).
    I think PS will be better on Skorp, as you can just put it on the boss and it should tick 1-2 waves - and hopefully it does more dmg than Effigy would do.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedleyo/simple
    Alt1: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Faymi/simple
    Alt2: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eedlezz/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I think PS will be better on Skorp, as you can just put it on the boss and it should tick 1-2 waves - and hopefully it does more dmg than Effigy would do.
    I haven't a clue how often the little scorpids spawn and, in the end, you have to wage padding the meter with PS vs dealing more damage to the boss. Which one ends up being more useful depends on the group you're in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •