Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    *push*

Can anyone answer me please?
    Yes there are better trinkets, but those are not bad affliction trinkets. Spiked Tongue has a good amount of Mastery on it, but its also a single target proc trinket so loses value when you have more than one target. Stat stick trinkets that have mastery and Int, the Intellect will benefit you more with multiple targets than a single target proc. J'im World boss Arcano Crystal, WQ trinket, Nightbane Urn, Helya Bilewater are examples of good stat sticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yes there are better trinkets, but those are not bad affliction trinkets. Spiked Tongue has a good amount of Mastery on it, but its also a single target proc trinket so loses value when you have more than one target. Stat stick trinkets that have mastery and Int, the Intellect will benefit you more with multiple targets than a single target proc. J'im World boss Arcano Crystal, WQ trinket, Nightbane Urn, Helya Bilewater are examples of good stat sticks.
    Thank you <3

- - - Updated - - -

Naraxas' Spiked Tongue is a mastery trinket, Chrono Shard has int and a tempo proc
    Last edited by mmoc7285b3a1c8; 2017-01-18 at 08:43 PM.

Going by memory but i believe neither of those are mastery trinkets, which i think should probably superseed the effects for affliction.
    If you're talking about the Arcano Crystal etc: Arcano Crystal has every secondary stat on it, WQ and Helya trinkets can drop with 1 of -any- secondary, so you'll be aiming for a Mastery variation. Nightbane Urn has Mastery by default. Sorry in advance if I misunderstood your statement.

There's a reason you're not getting clear definitive answers. Between relative stat values and Titanforges, things like "better trinkets" or "BiS lists" are almost meaningless.

Guides can tell you which trinkets have garbage procs and which have strong procs. But if you have to chose between a trinket with a so-so proc but Titanforged 20 ilvls higher than a trinket with a good proc? That's less clear. And while a correct answer might be arrived at, the number of possible permutations means you basically have to test or sim for your own unique situation to find it, because no guide can cover every possible mix of trinket choices and item levels involved.

The same goes for stat choices. Sure, in the abstract Haste is Afflic's third ranked stat. But it's not a dump stat, and you want to keep it at a healthy ratio with your Mastery and Crit. So if your other gear options have left your Haste a bit too low, maybe that 875 stat-stick trinket with Haste is suddenly a good choice for you. Again, the lack of clear break points and overwhelming number of possible gear combinations due to random stat gear and forging possibilities makes any blanket answers impossible.

All of which is why people shouldn't discount the utility of simply taking a damage meter addon and spending 15 minutes testing different gear combinations on a training dummy. You don't have to futz around inputting every single personal variable into a sim, and unlike a sim it accurately reproduces your latency and rotation quirks and level of execution mastery. Sims don't make mistakes, you do, and actual dummy testing will include the impact of those mistakes on your performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    There's a reason you're not getting clear definitive answers. Between relative stat values and Titanforges, things like "better trinkets" or "BiS lists" are almost meaningless.

Guides can tell you which trinkets have garbage procs and which have strong procs. But if you have to chose between a trinket with a so-so proc but Titanforged 20 ilvls higher than a trinket with a good proc? That's less clear. And while a correct answer might be arrived at, the number of possible permutations means you basically have to test or sim for your own unique situation to find it, because no guide can cover every possible mix of trinket choices and item levels involved.

The same goes for stat choices. Sure, in the abstract Haste is Afflic's third ranked stat. But it's not a dump stat, and you want to keep it at a healthy ratio with your Mastery and Crit. So if your other gear options have left your Haste a bit too low, maybe that 875 stat-stick trinket with Haste is suddenly a good choice for you. Again, the lack of clear break points and overwhelming number of possible gear combinations due to random stat gear and forging possibilities makes any blanket answers impossible.

All of which is why people shouldn't discount the utility of simply taking a damage meter addon and spending 15 minutes testing different gear combinations on a training dummy. You don't have to futz around inputting every single personal variable into a sim, and unlike a sim it accurately reproduces your latency and rotation quirks and level of execution mastery. Sims don't make mistakes, you do, and actual dummy testing will include the impact of those mistakes on your performance.
    Thanks for your answer. I use Simcraft and Pawn, but I also go to the doll to see how high my DPS is.

But what Pawn suggests for the trinkets confuses me, I still have several other trinkets on the bench and partly Pawn says that these are better, although on those is no mastery.

At the doll my DPS is lower with these trinkets.

How many percent of Mastery, Haste and Krit should I have? Or to which percent should Mastery and Haste not drop?

( Pawn: v1: "Jânka": Intellect=13.36, HasteRating=13.47, MasteryRating=14.3, CritRating=13.71, Versatility=10.92 )

I don't want to bring attention to it and get it nerfed(fixed) but it seems like infernal stun procs sephuz's secret even when only used on boss. So if you are taking supremacy and have sephuz it might be worth looking into.

Can someone recommend which pieces of tier I should aim for as affliction warlock with legendary hood? Stats are really bad and considering I have 885-895 gear with GOOD stats in all slots where tier is going to be normal and non titan forged heroic tier pieces will be a downgrade (int loss, mastery loss). As of now I will aim at Shoulders, Pants, Gloves and Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    I don't want to bring attention to it and get it nerfed(fixed) but it seems like infernal stun procs sephuz's secret even when only used on boss. So if you are taking supremacy and have sephuz it might be worth looking into.
    Just what I always wanted... pet twisting.

Thanks for your answer. I use Simcraft and Pawn, but I also go to the doll to see how high my DPS is.

But what Pawn suggests for the trinkets confuses me, I still have several other trinkets on the bench and partly Pawn says that these are better, although on those is no mastery.

At the doll my DPS is lower with these trinkets.

How many percent of Mastery, Haste and Krit should I have? Or to which percent should Mastery and Haste not drop?

( Pawn: v1: "Jânka": Intellect=13.36, HasteRating=13.47, MasteryRating=14.3, CritRating=13.71, Versatility=10.92 )
    You really should not use Pawn for trinkets/gear with procs on. It cannot calculate them. However, if they are all stat sticks that's another matter. So yes either sim those and/or hit the dummies.

Your Pawn weighting looks pretty good though (assuming you are not over 140% mastery and you probably have slightly more haste than crit).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    You really should not use Pawn for trinkets/gear with procs on. It cannot calculate them. However, if they are all stat sticks that's another matter. So yes either sim those and/or hit the dummies.

Your Pawn weighting looks pretty good though (assuming you are not over 140% mastery and you probably have slightly more haste than crit).
    At the moment I have 121% mastery, 19% crit and 14% haste. I'm looking for gear to push haste a little bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guide suggests Serv on almost all bosses in NH, however few top tier warlocks I've looked up on Armory are using Sup, any suggestions from top tier raiders in here which talents to pick? I actually hate GoSup a lot, I'd be happy to see this talent simply gone, but GoServ consuming a shard on use actually pushes me towards using GoSup still.

Deleted
    i would never use service except i play bosses without malefic grasp and/or i have the 4 piece to swim in shards.

Service worth using if I have demo bracers?

I am using it, but only because Im lazy to write a WA that counts the 3min cd of the bracers.

Also, every second doggy gets +15% damage with the bracers.

For example, on Tichondrius my pets (felhunter + grimoire + doomguard) did 9.54% of my total damage (Soul Flame won with 25.82%), while on Trilliax they did 15.38%

I think it's pretty solid with the bracers!

Deleted
    Hey guys

Looking for a few pointers

I've not played affliction since MSV and I've become bored with destruction. Im looking to ease myself in amd learn the spec, whilst learning the new bosses so I'm after something more forgiving to start

I'm going to be going mg, and sc to begin with, do I take contagion or AC with those 2?

My main area of confusion is around UA.

Assuming with contagion you hold onto a couple of shards to maintain as much uptime as possible, and dump to keep yourself from capping?

Also if multiple targets up throw dots up amd a UA each?

If AC is UA used differently? Do you dump UA into a target and just drain when reap is up? Or do you still want a single UA up as much as possible?

The rest I'm pretty comfortable with maintain dots, drain as much as possible and maintain reap as much as possible, ive just never been used to UA having stacks

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Weird thing I'm noticing on logs: most top parses even on Krosus are running Soul Conduit instead of Effigy. Wasn't it like 4% behind after hotfixes?

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    Weird thing I'm noticing on logs: most top parses even on Krosus are running Soul Conduit instead of Effigy. Wasn't it like 4% behind after hotfixes?
    Not overly surprising tbh. The real strength of an RNG talent like conduit is good rng which Simcraft smooths out over thousands of iterations. If I am not mistaken, while Conduit sims a few % less on average, its rng variance is higher. While SE shard generation may offer more reliable results pull to pull, over time I would expect those good rng conduit parses to continue to find themselves up at the top.

Only i am Souls Starved as F@ck the whole night , yesterday during 5/10 HC Nighthold progression?
    It felt Very Sad , every time we pull with Lust.... i cannot even get a 1 soul during the Lust...
    This Normal..?

Any Tips ?

Thanks
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Not overly surprising tbh. The real strength of an RNG talent like conduit is good rng which Simcraft smooths out over thousands of iterations. If I am not mistaken, while Conduit sims a few % less on average, its rng variance is higher. While SE shard generation may offer more reliable results pull to pull, over time I would expect those good rng conduit parses to continue to find themselves up at the top.
    It also has to do with probability of fuck ups. Soul Effigy is much easier to fuck up, soul conduit you have to do something really wrong to fuck up.

One advantage that SE can have over SC in terms of periods of shard shortages is that SE can proc shards regardless of whether or not you have any right now. SC you need shards to get shards.