Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So, what builds are people going with for Mythic+ dungeons?

I've been focusing on Affliction for M+, and I just got my first legendary as the spec: Soul of the Netherlord. Not spec specific, but something that's definitely good. My legendaries which make any sense to use as Aff are:

Prydaz

Demo bracers

Portal pants

KJBW

Norgannon's Foresight

Soul of the Netherlord

I figure that Soul is a good choice, especially at higher levels. On both Tyrannical and Fortified it'll get some value. Until I get the helm or chest, though, what other legendary would you suggest I wear? I've been using KJBW on trash packs and just taking it off between cooldowns, and swapping it for Prydaz on bosses.

Deaths embrace ring should be strong on progression and will get weaker on farm as fights get shorter. It's in a statistical dead heat on logs right now for top legendary along with chest, but it's position will likely decrease over time

i see alot of affy locks gemming haste and enchanting haste over mastery my qstion is why and is there a soft cap with mastery? and what percentage of haste should i be aiming for
    mr pickles

Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    i see alot of affy locks gemming haste and enchanting haste over mastery my qstion is why and is there a soft cap with mastery? and what percentage of haste should i be aiming for
    The more mastery you have you gain less from each point. That being said it's so strong and the benefits from each point beat out everything else until you get somewhere around 120%. There are so many variables like relics. I'm currently sitting at 126% mastery 19% haste and 21.5% crit. For me crit has the highest stat weight because I currently have 3 perdition relics. It's closely followed by haste then mastery for me. Best thing to do is sim yourself and find out what you need.
    The sim I used was raidbots. I'm not sure the accuracy but it came to me highly recommended by people that are much better than me.
    Last edited by Beatin; 2017-06-25 at 05:16 AM.

haste gains value relative to mastery as our damage shifts away from UA, because damage from UA is not really affected by haste (and may even be negatively affected at high levels of haste if it caused you to miss MG ticks.) Mastery is still generally speaking the highest priority but it's pretty easy to have enough that other stats overcome it (particularly in m+/aoe situations)

- - - Updated - - -

anyway, has anyone experimented with using 2p/4p? It meant I was stuck using bracers/sacrolash but the shard gain seemed pretty strong

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    anyway, has anyone experimented with using 2p/4p? It meant I was stuck using bracers/sacrolash but the shard gain seemed pretty strong
    It's the first week Tomb is open. Maybe someone doing loot council split raids has a 4pc, but I'm still at 0pc for T20. In other words "Reply hazy, ask again later."

should clarify I meant 4t19 I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    should clarify I meant 4t19 I suppose
    I was using 4pc t19 and the two slots I wasn't using for tier had 2 T20 drop. This combo is very very strong. Seriously very strong. But I also was using Neck/bracers lego combo (I didn't have helm). It's absolutely very very strong if you can do it without sacrificing big ilevels. The worry I have for locks is that people will sacrifice too much to get this combo. ilevel matters, legendaries matter. Sacrificing the lego helm for this combo isn't going to be worth it. Oddly enough. The lego helm just dropped for me today and I can tell you I just got rid of the 4pc bonus in order to use the helm. It'll be a gain for sure.

So if you can use the combo without sacrificing stats/legendaries, absolutely go for it. it's pretty sick.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-06-26 at 09:16 PM.

Cleared normal and 8/9 heroic through pick-up-groups and raiding with my guild. My guild decided to funnel tier to me and during my PuG I managed to snag a 915 Owl trinket and my T20 four-piece (helm, gloves, shoulder, chest).

I am using tier20_4piece & tier19_2piece due to the pants being 900 and lacking a cloak off-piece. For legendaries, I am using neck & bracers.

I believe the owl trinket is a nice stat stick; however, it is difficult getting full benefit because affliction does not have many casts to proc Spectral Blast. It is still easily one of the nicest trinkets in ToS, but I can see other classes getting more benefit from using it. Especially if the warlock has an Unstable Arcanocrystal. I suppose it has a cute factor going for it, which definitely helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleroc View Post
    I believe the owl trinket is a nice stat stick; however, it is difficult getting full benefit because affliction does not have many casts to proc Spectral Blast.
    Does it proc off spell casts or damage events? With the high results people were posting from sims and PTR testing, I just assumed it was damage events and all those DoT ticks made it proc like crazy.

Deleted
    I doubt they'd allow that. It would be crazy because aff has multiple dots running at all times and it would make the trinket exponentially more powerful for dot users generally.

Kinda of like the way they nerfed the dmeonic sacrifice damage proc for aff, iirc originally it did indeed proc off every trick of every dot you had running, which made it crazy when you had a trashpack.

Even if it's casts and not damage events (which I doubt based on the sims) last I checked there was no real downside to spamming DS aside from burning through some extra mana

Deleted
    I've just got Tarnished Sentinel Medallion in 915 and do 914787 dps in simcraft, but with my Unstable Arcanocrystal in 880 I do 965568 dps. Now I'm unsure which trinket I should use?
    With Unstable Arcanocrystal my stats are:

Crit 27%
    Haste 16%
    Mastery 122%
    Versatility 3%

With Tarnished Sentinel Medallion:

Crit 25%
    Haste 13%
    Mastery 125%
    Versatility 1%

Whats better for Single Target Raid bosses, DE or Siphon life?

Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    I've just got Tarnished Sentinel Medallion in 915 and do 914787 dps in simcraft, but with my Unstable Arcanocrystal in 880 I do 965568 dps. Now I'm unsure which trinket I should use?

Crit 27%
    Haste 16%
    Mastery 122%
    Versatility 3%

Crit 25%
    Haste 13%
    Mastery 125%
    Versatility 1%
    The arcano crystal no question. I also have an 880 arcano and based on simcraft nothing in ToS touches it until 930 trinkets start to drop. The arcano also scales with mutlti target where the owl trinket loses value with more targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    The arcano crystal no question. I also have an 880 arcano and based on simcraft nothing in ToS touches it until 930 trinkets start to drop. The arcano also scales with mutlti target where the owl trinket loses value with more targets.
    Thank you very much =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post

Crit 27%
    Haste 16%
    Mastery 122%
    Versatility 3%

Crit 25%
    Haste 13%
    Mastery 125%
    Versatility 1%
    Arcano. It's s stat-stick, and applies to ALL the damage you do. The Medallion only has Mastery, the on-use only works for single target. In live Haste is pretty much the same value as Mastery.

Any chance of a ToS boss/talents list?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweetster View Post
    Any chance of a ToS boss/talents list?
    Just look up warcraftlogs, such as this https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Affliction. This will always be up to date.