Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    This is an awesome first post.

Haha, thanks Smog. I am glad my ignorance can at least be entertaining!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gaidax in the Affliction beta thread is reporting that PS's damage was doubled in Beta. Can anyone confirm and is this reflected in Terryn's analysis of Tier 100 talents?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Gaidax in the Affliction beta thread is reporting that PS's damage was doubled in Beta. Can anyone confirm and is this reflected in Terryn's analysis of Tier 100 talents?
    Confirmed PS doing a lot more damage, and it doesn't look like the guide has been updated yet to reflect this. With the damage buff, I'd assume this will be the go to talent for Mythic+ and any serious AOE situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantbearyou View Post
    Confirmed PS doing a lot more damage, and it doesn't look like the guide has been updated yet to reflect this. With the damage buff, I'd assume this will be the go to talent for Mythic+ and any serious AOE situations.
    It could go live already... I want to do Manno as afflic xD

I suppose it's on live already, it's listed in the hotfix

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...fixes-august-1

Right. I'm not sure the tooltip has updated, but the hotfix should have been in since last Friday evening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the guide!

Can someone answer for me regarding soul effigy: Am I supposed to multi dot the effigy and the boss or single target the effigy and ignore the boss. I am assuming I'm supposed to dot up the effigy and focus on the boss. If so, is there an addon or a way that I can keep track of when my dots are about to expire on the effigy?

Excellent work, first rate

So, that soulstealer filler trait which gives us a flat damage boost, that benefits from Reap Soul as well right? If so this shit is gonna be lit.

Mastering the situational stuff with adds and Reap Soul will be the deciding factor between a good and great affliction warlock. So new tactics should be added to those sections

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Can someone answer for me regarding soul effigy: Am I supposed to multi dot the effigy and the boss or single target the effigy and ignore the boss. I am assuming I'm supposed to dot up the effigy and focus on the boss. If so, is there an addon or a way that I can keep track of when my dots are about to expire on the effigy?
    The Effigy only transfers 35% of damage done to it, so you never want to target it with more than Corruption and Agony (and Siphon Life if taken).

Weak Aura strings may be scripted later. Right now all you can do is focus it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    The Effigy only transfers 35% of damage done to it, so you never want to target it with more than Corruption and Agony (and Siphon Life if taken).

and mouseover macros? How are those done? Should one make all their dots mouseovers or just important instant cast ones like Agony, Corruption, and SL?

Like this?
    https://wago.io/NyRBZqqD-

Doesn't require focus but it tracks the DoTs you casted on your own Effigy, so really you still need focus or some other way of targetting it.

7+ Year Old Account

Gotcha so I want to dot up the Effigy and then continue my normal rotation on the boss, making sure to refresh dots on the Effigy as well as the boss. It's a fun little mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Gotcha so I want to dot up the Effigy and then continue my normal rotation on the boss, making sure to refresh dots on the Effigy as well as the boss. It's a fun little mechanic.
    Yeah. The talent is basically "Do you like to multi-DoT? You must, otherwise you wouldn't have specced Afflic. So here's a talent that lets you multi-DoT on those boring Patchwerk single target fights you'd otherwise be channeling way too much filler in."

Quote Originally Posted by CuchuCachu View Post
    and mouseover macros? How are those done? Should one make all their dots mouseovers or just important instant cast ones like Agony, Corruption, and SL?
    In addition to this, spamming Unstable Affliction resets the timer before the first tick right?

If so, we should be careful about casting UA on target's who are debuffed to take extra damage. Because if it doesnt tick during the duration of the debuff it wont benefit from the debuff

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantbearyou View Post
    shut up bear.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. The talent is basically "Do you like to multi-DoT? You must, otherwise you wouldn't have specced Afflic. So here's a talent that lets you multi-DoT on those boring Patchwerk single target fights you'd otherwise be channeling way too much filler in."
    I call it a bandaid for a system that's really not that rewarding on single target (dot, filler, cast a spender periodically). I wont go too terribly into semantics, but its just a way to give us a bonus target to hit for better shard generation, and frankly just somthing more to do other than drain, on single target.

Some clarification from Blizzard in the design philosophy of effigy would be nice.

If it's intended that you should be able to cleave onto it then why does it drop it at your feet when you're meant to be a ranged spec.
    If it's not intended that you should be able to cleave onto it then perhaps having an allowed spells list would be better. This could also be used to prevent new players from falling into the trap of wasting all their UAs by firing them into their effigy. You would think that people would work out not to do this, but a better idea is sometimes to just not let them in the first place.

If things stay as they are I can see this sort of awkward playstyle emerging where you're meant to detonate seeds and soul flames on your effigy, which means running into melee and back out again. Multiple times if things are going to die in different places throughout the fight. With the way boss abilities interact with specs instead of having 6 chosen people stand at range I'm not convinced that that's a good idea to allow that sort of gameplay these days. We can't just stand in melee like we used to for old shadowflame anymore.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-08-03 at 03:07 AM.

Deleted
    Ahahah, multi dotting with the Archimonde trinket is so stressful, glad that it will be gone soon.

Deleted
    I suspect that they never intended Soul Effigy to be used in such a way.

If it's not change doptimising use of it will be apain in the arse, it will mean going into melee range. If it was intentional we'd be able to specify it;s placement.

It will be difficult to balance affliction around it if it;s left as is, not least for bosses that move around a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect that they never intended Soul Effigy to be used in such a way.

If it's not change doptimising use of it will be apain in the arse, it will mean going into melee range. If it was intentional we'd be able to specify it;s placement.

It will be difficult to balance affliction around it if it;s left as is, not least for bosses that move around a lot.

Also, enjoy PS's double damage whilst it lasts. I suspect we're seeing a "we need to get people to use it for testing" buff there, liek the way they put Imp-plosion up to silly levels because everyone was ignoring it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terryn View Post
    Here’s a preview of the really important traits for Ulthalesh, the Deadwind Harvester. I will also include info as to what the amplification effect is.
    After testing the secondary effects of Reap Souls on beta i have to conclude that it currently does not amplify the damage bonus of Wrath of Consumption nor does it seem to affect the proc chance of Harvester of Souls, so of our golden traits only Soul Flame receives a secondary bonus from Reap Souls.

(In addition i found that Siphon Life is currently not affected by the Wrath of Consumption buff and reported it as a bug)

It would be helpfull if we could get a confirmation from the devs if all our traits should receive a secondary bonus or if some are left out

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcVdiA View Post
    After testing the secondary effects of Reap Souls on beta i have to conclude that it currently does not amplify the damage bonus of Wrath of Consumption nor does it seem to affect the proc chance of Harvester of Souls, so of our golden traits only Soul Flame receives a secondary bonus from Reap Souls.

(In addition i found that Siphon Life is currently not affected by the Wrath of Consumption buff and reported it as a bug)

It would be helpfull if we could get a confirmation from the devs if all our traits should receive a secondary bonus or if some are left out
    I've had confirmation that those traits should be being effected by reap, so that's a bug

- - - Updated - - -

Also did some stuff last night on beta, PS confirmed retarded lol.