Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sorry if this was asked before but I only bothered to read the last two pages:
    Does UA snapshot damage multipliers like Reap Soul's?
    Also: are haste buffs like Berserking relevant to UA at all? Since UA's usage is bottlenecked by Soulshards, I believe haste only affects its burst... So maybe it would be better to cast other things while Berserking is up if that means UA won't lose out on other buffs like pot and etc?

Deleted
    Do you think that it will be worth the time practicing the rotation and gameplay for affliction at this moment? I'm new to the affliction Warlock and i really can't keep up with other dps unless its single target. I guess it takes practice, but yet it feels like every single target fight i'm not able to keep up. Should i just reroll to Destro since it gives the widest viability? Or do you guys manage to keep up dps?

I noticed something with the range on Absolute Corruption the other day whilst I was at the Org training dummies. I was still getting Compounding Horror stacks from the auction house.

I wanted to play about with this a bit in an instance, and a good opportunity presented itself in Black Rook Hold. The Wyrmtongue Scavengers after the second boulder run, the ones that don't actually engage you in combat, but can still be attacked. I stuck a corruption on each of them, and was still doing damage to them and receiving the accompanying Compounding Horror procs on the end boss.

Not world shattering I know, but it might be worth keeping an eye out for any opportunity to do things like this since the max range on receiving these procs seems to be very large. Depending on how they work any encounters where we're sent to another room or far away area of the map it seems you'll still get Compounding Horror procs from perma-corruptions left behind. Also the continued damage of the corruption, but that's not always going to be as important as getting more out of your UAs against whatever you're currently fighting.

Also who knows, maybe we'll see some more target dummies inside an instance like we saw in SoO.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-09-19 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    I went with ilvl over talent bonus with my relics and I saw a list from Not on Demo revealing a different order. Are there any "must have" talents we want on our relics?

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like I'm a bit left behind in terms of theory.
    I was under the impression that Haste was our most valuable secondary stat, but as it seems now its stated that Mastery has stepped up to the throne.
    I guess I'll have to change my gear.
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Seems like Ask Mr Robot is telling me my best in bags is 2 flat stat trinkets instead of voidsight and to ditch the arcway set bonus for some 850 shoulders. Is the site not accurate yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Seems like Ask Mr Robot is telling me my best in bags is 2 flat stat trinkets instead of voidsight and to ditch the arcway set bonus for some 850 shoulders. Is the site not accurate yet?
    I'm not so sure about trinkets after the possible WoD heirloom nerf. The flat stat sticks seem... decent? At least when they're 850 with haste or mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    How are you all doing in different content (world quests, mythic dungeons etc.)?
    Affliction is great in certain Mythic Dungeons, ones like Neltharions Lair and Halls of Valor I go Destro. My buddies and I managed to do Mythic 5 Maw last night within the time limit. Resto Druid, Prot War, Afflic, Havoc, WW.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-09-21 at 06:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On every speculation / prediction / forecast regarding EN raid, Affliction is nowhere to be found (maybe pew pew trash mobs?).
    Guess we have stepped out of the door for this raid content...
    Maybe, just maybe, after this week's monitoring from Blizz, we might see a hotfix(es) that will turn the page and make this spec considerable to choose.
    Having said that tho, I'm not expecting anything serious to happen
    Reckoning Bomb - Unleashes the Reckoning upon the Scourge, inflicting ridiculous amounts of damage. Some might even say the damage is ludicrous.

Deleted
    Sadly my Single Target dps with Affliction is at near healer level, when specced for a balanced AoE/ST. http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Grll

I really like StS and kinda dislike WiA because Agony takes way too long to ramp up that way.

At Row 100, Effigy or Soul Conduit don't feel lik they add much. Useing SC for a "useful all the time" approach, PS is the clear winner for more AoE.

Dealing like 100k below every other dps on dungeon bosses that are single target is absolutely not acceptable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Sadly my Single Target dps with Affliction is at near healer level, when specced for a balanced AoE/ST. http://www.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#Grll

I really like StS and kinda dislike WiA because Agony takes way too long to ramp up that way.

At Row 100, Effigy or Soul Conduit don't feel lik they add much. Useing SC for a "useful all the time" approach, PS is the clear winner for more AoE.

Dealing like 100k below every other dps on dungeon bosses that are single target is absolutely not acceptable.
    WiA is the only viable talent in Tier 1, since the damage difference is way too much to overlook it.
    Also for dungeons (HC, Mythic) Absolute Corruption is a better choice in my eyes. Since I've made this change, I've seen a boost in my dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka View Post
    On every speculation / prediction / forecast regarding EN raid, Affliction is nowhere to be found (maybe pew pew trash mobs?).
    Guess we have stepped out of the door for this raid content...
    Maybe, just maybe, after this week's monitoring from Blizz, we might see a hotfix(es) that will turn the page and make this spec considerable to choose.
    Having said that tho, I'm not expecting anything serious to happen
    I guess anyone with a brain in their heads should not expect any fixes for entire patch. Blizzard had like what? 5 months of alpha/beta and almost 1 mont on live to fix most dreadful bugs and mechanics and tweak numbers and we still have some bugs from alpha without zero asknowledgement from Blizzard. They simply don't care about 3% warlocks players and certainly not care about % of affliction warlocks, the confirmation was when they said that they will wait one more week to adjust numbers. And yeah we're already nerfed on 7.1 PTR BOTH damage and tankiness wise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    I guess anyone with a brain in their heads should not expect any fixes for entire patch. Blizzard had like what? 5 months of alpha/beta and almost 1 mont on live to fix most dreadful bugs and mechanics and tweak numbers and we still have some bugs from alpha without zero asknowledgement from Blizzard. They simply don't care about 3% warlocks players and certainly not care about % of affliction warlocks, the confirmation was when they said that they will wait one more week to adjust numbers. And yeah we're already nerfed on 7.1 PTR BOTH damage and tankiness wise.
    I can't really see how we are getting nerfed in PTR since change in CH is something positive comparing to now (maybe talking about the UA change?).
    But this change focus toward burst and not towards sustained damage.
    Also that Talent swap between Demonic Skin and Demonic Circle is debatable (if nerf at all) in tankines, but more like another option for mobility.
    PvE wise Death Coil and Fear are useless, where Demonic Circle can give you an advantage in many scenarios where you need to move from point A to B.
    PvP wise Demonic Skin is not even noticeable at the current state of leather users DPS.

Most likely significant changes won't be made, but its better to hope than just quit on the class. At least for me.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Help with Soul Effigy.

Hello all,

I need help tracking dots on Soul Effigy what are you guys using? What would you suggest? I am zero with weak aura could it be done through that?

I found single target DPS to be much better with the effigy but have'nt found a way to never lose an agony stack and then you start bleeding out DPS like crazy, so a little help would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dern View Post
    Hello all,

I need help tracking dots on Soul Effigy what are you guys using? What would you suggest? I am zero with weak aura could it be done through that?

I found single target DPS to be much better with the effigy but have'nt found a way to never lose an agony stack and then you start bleeding out DPS like crazy, so a little help would be appreciated.
    You can use WeakAuras for that, there are also already pre created strings for people who want them to be just plug n play.
    You can find them very easy by googling about it.
    Personally i use TellMeWhen, a similar add on, which I prefer for PvP also.

Hello. I just wanted to ask you guys(Terryn) something. After this buffs coming next reset, and Emerald Nightmare already opened what do you think will be our ultimate raid spec, cause on your guide there is only for heroics and mythic+. One more thing that is bothering me these days is our stats. On some forums and guides mastery is the one, on others is haste... Don't know whom to trust.

And for mythic+ after the buffs are out, i am thinking runing Supremacy + PS with Infernal out on trash and Doomguard on bosses for solid single target, since PS will be 15% buffed.

Thanks in advance.

Somehow my lock sims best with supremacy with Soul efigy on single target.

Currently doing 210k~ dps in heroic EN as Affliction.

Doing absolutely fine. Top DPS is only 240k. I'm like 3rd according to Skada.

Affliction is viable. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Doing absolutely fine. Top DPS is only 240k.
    lol, thanks for the laugh, this thread needed a bit of humor to lighten the mood.

Deleted
    So... trinkets. Could someone direct me to some sims and/or rankings and discussion of currently available trinks for Aff? I guess I'm dumb, but I can't seem to find anything good. I've got several by now (a generic int-haste 850 stat stick and 840-850 versions of: Stormsinger, Obelisk, Prism, Eye of Skovald and 865 Horrorslime). So a lot to choose from and no good way to tell which to choose - and I don't have the time and inclination to sit down and sim each possible combination, so I'd like to see some rough estimates at least. Mr Robot basically says stat stick > almost all, but, hmm... something's not quite right. It might be an illusion.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-09-29 at 10:38 AM.