Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    IMHO that path is pretyt much the one to us eno matter what, the traits he suggests leaving until last are fairly poor regardless

Just be warned, affliction as it stands is really not the spec you want to take to raids
    Well if he is this late in getting into raids I'm guessing he isn't looking for mythic progression. So affliction will probably serve for a casual guild running normal.

Deleted
    I'm actually already running raids with destro and demo (switching on a boss-by-boss basis), but I wanna get affliction up to speed in case it becomes the strongest spec for certain fights. It's already pretty good on Mythic Elerethe and might be the top spec for that fight after the buffs, and who knows what's gonna happen in Trials of Valor.

I know according to preview videos that Mythic Odyn will have the guys you fight at the beginning of the fight alongside him in his phase 2 so council/multi-dot up probably will be a thing but then last phase not remember as well but is a lot of movement so affi will have that going for it.
    What, you don't care about getting little pixels that show other pixel characters that you killed a pixel dragon anymore?!

One thing is unclear to me regarding rotation... Do we fish for CH stacks now and wait for 4 shards to pump UA or we use UA whenever shard is available?(in 7.1)

And second question is about artifact, should i go now for Drain to husk and then fatal echos or should i pick UA crit first?
    Last edited by dondzon; 2016-10-25 at 03:06 PM. Reason: bug

Bough of Corruption damage procs off dots, but doesn't seem to proc off dot casts...GoSac procs it semi reliably for for some decent damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    Bough of Corruption damage procs off dots, but doesn't seem to proc off dot casts...GoSac procs it semi reliably for for some decent damage.
    The patch notes said it only got buffed by 10%. Did it mechanically change at all? Such as... not proccing once every 4 minutes

Proc rate wasn't amazingly high, over ~4 mins was 5% of my dmg on dummy. Haven't tested in raid yet.

Deleted
    According to Us forums the change to UA does indeed buff Shadow Bite for each UA active (probably why doon bolt got a lastminute buff) and fatal echoes does proc off each ua individually

Well after using (880)Bough of Corruption in a few mythics I can tell you that when it does proc, it can get upwards of 2 mil damage and beyond. But I still wonder if it's worth it seeing as the proc rate is very, very poor

Deleted
    What could possibly be wrong with a trinket that powerful, I mean, it's not like we've had issues with them before. Basically it's a legendary with purple writing

Hey guys how is affliction after the yesterdays "buff?".

Deleted
    As different as you'd expect a 3-4% buff would make a spec that sits rock-bottom for half the time

If anything leaving the top classes barely touched and bringing up some of their "underperforming lol" specs pushes us down a bit more

is grimoire of supremacy the best talent now after the 18% buff to doomguard, as opposed to grimoire of service, looking at my logs doombolt is doing about 25% of my damage, my gear is low though as i just dinged lvl 110 820ilvl but I can't see even looking at logs how the damage for felhunter is better

Deleted
    I'd gues sit's about even because multiple UA's buff Shadow Bite by a lot. Which is probably why Doom Bolt got buffed, and at the last minute

It comes across as a last moment hotfix, probably because there's no warlock team, no dev plays it, and they didn;t even spot it until the last moment

Impossible I hear you cry. I point at the state of demo locks in the pre-releas epatch who turned into gods because they somehow managed to overlook just how powerful the WOD tier armour and class trinket were when you could get liek 20 imps out with double-speed firebolts proccing random demons constantly.

Which had to be hotfixed, which means no one actually saw it coming, except the warlock community who had for days posted "hey, won't this like make demo wildly OP?"
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2016-10-27 at 10:13 AM.

I'd gues sit's about even because multiple UA's buff Shadow Bite by a lot. Which is probably why Doom Bolt got buffed, and at the last minute
    Supremacy is better than Service, it's not even a tie.

Hello

Yday i got the demo legendery wrists. So now im wondering if i use them as affliction with supremacy how is it working? DO i get the buff randomly or do i need to summon mu doomguard/infernal every 3 min to get the buff?

10+ Year Old Account

It comes across as a last moment hotfix, probably because there's no warlock team, no dev plays it, and they didn;t even spot it until the last moment

Impossible I hear you cry. I point at the state of demo locks in the pre-releas epatch who turned into gods because they somehow managed to overlook just how powerful the WOD tier armour and class trinket were when you could get liek 20 imps out with double-speed firebolts proccing random demons constantly.

Which had to be hotfixed, which means no one actually saw it coming, except the warlock community who had for days posted "hey, won't this like make demo wildly OP?"
    Can you stop repeating this shit about stacking UAs. I'm starting to think you're not actually playing the spec and basing a lot of your comments on assumptions and hearsay; because stacking UAs is not something that happens an awful lot because Soul Shards are such a limiting factor. Please not that in that stacking it, you are wasting Contagion up-time, and blowing off all your Shards at once risks capping out Compounding Horror stacks - both of which are DPS losses; I cannot simply fathom where this idea that stacking UA is even remotely desirable outside of multi-target situations where you have an abundance of Agonies up and want to pump all those UAs into a single target.

Those talents, right there, as well as the old FE design are there precisely to discourage blowing UA like it's an old school Chaos Bolt. The fix to FE is just to fix that you could lose the 1:167 chance of a double proc if it happened to reapply itself while you refreshed manually.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2016-10-27 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    I said nothing about doing so, I said they probably buffed Doom Bolt because each UA which is now separate can buff Shadow Bite as a separate dot.

Obviously if you are running Contagion then you don;t drain your shards to the point of not being able to maintain it

And I;d say capping CH is probably rarer than not have shards

But the whole shard and CH Horror system itself speak sof affliction as a mass-dotting spec

They help least where we need it most in a fight like Ursoc lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Can you stop repeating this shit about stacking UAs. I'm starting to think you're not actually playing the spec and basing a lot of your comments on assumptions and hearsay; because stacking UAs is not something that happens an awful lot because Soul Shards are such a limiting factor. Please not that in that stacking it, you are wasting Contagion up-time, and blowing off all your Shards at once risks capping out Compounding Horror stacks - both of which are DPS losses; I cannot simply fathom where this idea that stacking UA is even remotely desirable outside of multi-target situations where you have an abundance of Agonies up and want to pump all those UAs into a single target.

Those talents, right there, as well as the old FE design are there precisely to discourage blowing UA like it's an old school Chaos Bolt. The fix to FE is just to fix that you could lose the 1:167 chance of a double proc if it happened to reapply itself while you refreshed manually.
    With all this contagion talk, do you guys really never use absolute corruption? Is it that much of a loss to use it?

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skaiz - It's not a loss...It comes down to fight mechanics and play style. Absolute Corruption is fine to take always. The difference is negligible. The largest delta in DPS comes from mechanics and proper understanding of getting the most out of Reap Souls and spending UA's