Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Also, stacking Haste seams counter-intuitive when our main source of damage now is UA under MG (excluding consul fights and padding fest on skorpyron). Is there any kind of a soft breakpoint where we should stop with haste? I'm trying to maintain 20% min. of both haste and crit (valuing crit more), while not dropping below 100% mastery, but am thinking if I should drop like 5% haste for extra mastery/crit (mainly thinking trinkets / changing legendaries).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    It also has to do with probability of fuck ups. Soul Effigy is much easier to fuck up, soul conduit you have to do something really wrong to fuck up.
    This is something I think too many people overlook. Oh, they'll acknowledge that sims play perfectly and they don't, but they don't really understand what that means.

There's no standard ratio for how mistakes impact performance. Depending on spec and talent build it can vary immensely. Some builds are fairly mistake tolerant. If you're a little bit off the optimal refresh window or cooldown alignment, there's only a very small drop in performance. Other builds are a fragile house of cards that can drop 20% of their DPS if you miss those exact optimal play targets.

Sims, due to always playing perfectly, have a strong tendency to give high marks to builds that take on complex and unforgiving play requirements in return for an extra 5% DPS. Some people in the very top end raiding guilds can reliably execute those builds to their full potential. Most of us ...can't. In the stressful chaotic heat of an actual raid fight, with fire falling from the sky and adds charging in from the sides, we make mistakes. It's inevitable.

That's why these days I go for the robust, mistake tolerant build over the delicate high performance one. I'm closer to 40 years old than 30 now, and my reaction times aren't as sharp as when I started out. Also I'm raid leading now, so that's a decent chunk of my attention devoted to calling reminders and covering for mistakes and thinking about the whole raid's actions instead of just my own. I need the old man build that won't punish me too badly when my attention wanders for a few seconds now and then.

Hello all, and sorry if this question is already asked. Just wanted to ask, if anyone know, which trinket ftom NH we should pick to pair with Whispers in the Dark? Erratic seems pretty nice with high proc chance, but somehow I am more prefering Burning sky because of mastery, I dont know if I am wrong. And what u say about Icon of Rot and Star Gate?
    Thanks in advance guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    That's why these days I go for the robust, mistake tolerant build over the delicate high performance one. I'm closer to 40 years old than 30 now, and my reaction times aren't as sharp as when I started out. Also I'm raid leading now, so that's a decent chunk of my attention devoted to calling reminders and covering for mistakes and thinking about the whole raid's actions instead of just my own. I need the old man build that won't punish me too badly when my attention wanders for a few seconds now and then.
    Well said for all of that, but lmfao, quoted this part for truth. I am having a hell of a time these days losing track of my mouse which is killing me at times when adds spawn and I have no idea where the hell my cursor is to target them lol.... tab targeting is fucking broken as hell now and I used to use it religiously.

In WoD I used an addon that gave a comet trail for it.. i'll have to find that again lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Will be doing some updates to the guide this weekend, including talents and updating some stuff with NH heroic bosses, and some stuff prepped to plop in mythic bosses.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

With the slight nerf to the Gul'dan trinket - will it still be BiS for Affliction?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Well said for all of that, but lmfao, quoted this part for truth. I am having a hell of a time these days losing track of my mouse which is killing me at times when adds spawn and I have no idea where the hell my cursor is to target them lol.... tab targeting is fucking broken as hell now and I used to use it religiously.

In WoD I used an addon that gave a comet trail for it.. i'll have to find that again lol
    You might want to try this.

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ta...ator?page=3#c7

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    With the slight nerf to the Gul'dan trinket - will it still be BiS for Affliction?
    I got the normal version Whispers in the Dark yesterday from my time-walking quest cache, and promptly found out it has been nerfed.

I'm wondering if it's still better than my trinket with 900+ mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    One advantage that SE can have over SC in terms of periods of shard shortages is that SE can proc shards regardless of whether or not you have any right now. SC you need shards to get shards.
    My problem is rarely with shards, but rather the fucking souls that refuse to pop neatly in intervals of 2 per 2 shard usage windows ;(.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I got the normal version Whispers in the Dark yesterday from my time-walking quest cache, and promptly found out it has been nerfed.

I'm wondering if it's still better than my trinket with 900+ mastery.
    It is. Now instead of being brokenly good, it's just insanely good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't seem to import the stat weight string into Pawn. I'm trying to paste this in exactly:

Code:
    Pawn: v1: "Affic!": Intellect=12.12, SpellPower=11.29, CritRating=14.40, HasteRating=14.00, MasteryRating=14.77, Versatility=10.39
    It tells me "Pawn doesn't understand that scale tag." What am I doing wrong? Is that SpellPower supposed to be there, 'cause I don't see it in my weights section of Pawn.

I just set the values manually, but it would be nice to know where my mistake is.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I can't seem to import the stat weight string into Pawn. I'm trying to paste this in exactly:

Code:
    Pawn: v1: "Affic!": Intellect=12.12, SpellPower=11.29, CritRating=14.40, HasteRating=14.00, MasteryRating=14.77, Versatility=10.39
    It tells me "Pawn doesn't understand that scale tag." What am I doing wrong? Is that SpellPower supposed to be there, 'cause I don't see it in my weights section of Pawn.

I just set the values manually, but it would be nice to know where my mistake is.
    Mine is looking like this:

( Pawn: v1: "Jânka": Intellect=13.36, HasteRating=13.47, MasteryRating=14.3, CritRating=13.71, Versatility=10.92 )

Maybe yours is missing the brackets ()?
    Last edited by mmoc7285b3a1c8; 2017-01-20 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The brackets were the key. Thanks!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Should I be casting reap souls before or after UA?

I have been doing UA UA Reap Drain but I was watching the YouTube guide and I thought he was saying reap first then UA UA Drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Should I be casting reap souls before or after UA?
    After. If you cast it before, your reap uptime is ticking away while you are still casting your UAs(and not draining). Double casting then immediately using reap lets you get the UAs up, and then the reap up.. before the first UA gets it first dmg tick off. That gives you more time on those Reap stacks for those UAs.. and any Echo procs.

I wasn't paying too close attention to it, but it seemed that in Nighthold my souls didn't drop below 6 when waiting for a boss pull after trash. Did anyone else notice anything similar, or was I just hallucinating? Would be a very nice QoL change if it's intended.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I wasn't paying too close attention to it, but it seemed that in Nighthold my souls didn't drop below 6 when waiting for a boss pull after trash. Did anyone else notice anything similar, or was I just hallucinating? Would be a very nice QoL change if it's intended.
    I noticed this too. Didn't drop below 6 souls during a 10 minute raid break. Checked my logs to confirm it did stay up at 6 for 10+ mins.

@LuthWoW - Signature by Reignisevil

Deleted
    How to use Sin'dorei Spite as Affliction? Is it worth going for Service with it if you don't have Contagion or even if you have?
    Last edited by mmoc422ae73adc; 2017-01-20 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    I think there are two types of souls. The RNG ones you get don't drop off. The Ghostly Souls of your dead mobs will drop off as the corpses disappear.

@Soulzar Yeah, that'd make sense. Has it been like this before 7.1.5 as far as you, or someone else, knows?