Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Indeed but th epoint I'm making is that it's probably not worth trying to "hoard" three shards for UA's if it's going to disrupt your rotation on the random chance the trinket will proc. Particularly as the bloody this is genuinely random, which means it could proc again right away or you could "bank" for it and not get a proc at all.

I just wish the damn thing was on use, why isn;t it when the melee one is? I know their "penalty" is they are unable to do anything for three seconds, but even so.
    Thanks for the replies both of you. Yeah absolutely it is so random but I do have the belt and 4 set so I normally have a lot of shards anyhow. I mean more what about what to do when it does proc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Thanks for the replies both of you. Yeah absolutely it is so random but I do have the belt and 4 set so I normally have a lot of shards anyhow. I mean more what about what to do when it does proc?
    I think the suggestion of 3 UA --> drain --> as many UAs as you have shards --> drain is good. Only other tip is: make sure all dots are refreshed and you start your last drain during the haste phase in the very last milisecond before it runs out.

While there is no snapshotting for dots, the channel still does, so it still channels with the increased speed for its entire duration, thus even further reducing the "penalty" period.

So got a 895 agony damage relic tonight - curious if it's better than a 880 perdition relic?

Quote Originally Posted by App View Post
    So got a 895 agony damage relic tonight - curious if it's better than a 880 perdition relic?
    Yes. Item level almost always wins out. You can compare relics for all specs at Not's Warlock 1 Stop Shop (sorry, can't post links yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Asilus1 View Post
    Are you sure? I was thinking something like 3 UA -> Drain -> Drain - 3x UA -> Drain - Drain could be optimal, this would exactly be 10 globals. But might leave you with a low shard count depending on your build and RNG. Ofc this would require to be starting into the proc with nearly perfect conditions (eg. standing still for 10 sec and having 4-5 shards). But if you happen to find yourself in this situation it would be good to know, how to get the maximum benefit.
    Much like I was thinking thank you for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I think the suggestion of 3 UA --> drain --> as many UAs as you have shards --> drain is good. Only other tip is: make sure all dots are refreshed and you start your last drain during the haste phase in the very last milisecond before it runs out.

While there is no snapshotting for dots, the channel still does, so it still channels with the increased speed for its entire duration, thus even further reducing the "penalty" period.
    Thanks for the reply. One thing I am a little muddled on though. Why would you refresh DoTs during the speed buff? I assume that they have dynamically updated their spell haste for faster ticks.

Or only to stop them falling off during the drains? Does the damage from Corr and SL even matter compared to dumping multiple UAs and fully draining (assuming we have the shards/get the shards to do as many as we can)? What about Agony? Get pretty punished if we let this fall off.

During the slow phase I could see DoT refreshes being better than dumping though even though a slow GCD feels bad.
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2017-03-01 at 03:44 PM.

I noticed that the guide gives a "general raiding build" of Mg + contagion + SE but from what I can see no one runs this. Is there a more up to date resource regarding AC + SE vs Contagion + SC for NH encounter specific. Ie I'm looking at what's best for Gul'dan

Is it me or adds on scorpyon no longer provide souls?

Deleted
    Soul shards or tromented souls for reap? Nothin would surprise me. "Hey a fight with load sof adds. Let's turn affliction's on death traits off!"

Don;t hold your breath thinking they are going to turn of BM lol-cleave or Ret "look I can spam divine storm" though

Is it really optimal to spam UA during Whispers proc? You just get a shorter duration dot with the same amount of ticks, so that just gives you less time to start the actual channel before you start missing UA ticks? In my experience it is a nice phase to get some shards in, and you do nice dps and you can do the snapshooted drain, but I am not sure it is a good idea to dump shards during haste buff.

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    Is it really optimal to spam UA during Whispers proc? You just get a shorter duration dot with the same amount of ticks, so that just gives you less time to start the actual channel before you start missing UA ticks? In my experience it is a nice phase to get some shards in, and you do nice dps and you can do the snapshooted drain, but I am not sure it is a good idea to dump shards during haste buff.
    I still do 2 shards and drain, maybe 3. As you said, you're missing out on a ton of UA ticks from being drain empowered if you do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I still do 2 shards and drain, maybe 3. As you said, you're missing out on a ton of UA ticks from being drain empowered if you do otherwise.
    Unempowered UA ticks are sub-optimal, but I believe SS capping is worse. Between the tier 4pc and a warforged Whispers I get a lot of SS from Agony ticks during the proc. Enough that dumping more than usual can be genuinely necessary to avoid capping.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Unempowered UA ticks are sub-optimal, but I believe SS capping is worse. Between the tier 4pc and a warforged Whispers I get a lot of SS from Agony ticks during the proc. Enough that dumping more than usual can be genuinely necessary to avoid capping.
    Oh, sure, I dump 3-4 shards if I'm close or capped. But as a general rule if I'm at 2-3 shards and the trinket procs, I still use up 2 shards, and I generally try to hover around 1-2 shards and spend the excess.

I also make sure when there's movement to dump out UA's so I don't cap out while moving.

how much does Hood of eternal disdain affect gameplay? I recently got one but haven't tried it in raid enviroment, would like some comments/tips on this please <3, Casually mythic raider, if that helps!
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    how much does Hood of eternal disdain affect gameplay? I recently got one but haven't tried it in raid enviroment, would like some comments/tips on this please <3, Casually mythic raider, if that helps!
    Hood is your bis legendary by a fair margin, it makes your agony tick 10% faster. It's a noticeable reduction to the ramp up on your damage.

It doesn't change anything for gameplay. The text on the legendary is a little misleading, what hood does is it reduces the time between ticks from agony by 10 %. Thus making it tick faster and therefore making your agony deal more damage. As to gameplay, there's really no difference. You apply agony and you make sure it never falls off. That's it.

Deleted
    how much does Hood of eternal disdain affect gameplay?
    - Have to refresh agony more often.
    - Increased shard gen, hard to not overcap on some fights if you don't pay attention with hood + 4P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    It doesn't change anything for gameplay. The text on the legendary is a little misleading, what hood does is it reduces the time between ticks from agony by 10 %. Thus making it tick faster and therefore making your agony deal more damage. As to gameplay, there's really no difference. You apply agony and you make sure it never falls off. That's it.
    Nope, the hood reduces the duration of Agony and thatmeans you refresh it more often.
    That's how it reduces the tick-time, same number of ticks, shorter duration. You do not get Agony same duration with more ticks.

Deleted
    Hello,

I could need some help with the settings for SimCraft. What options are realistic? For the combat type, etc.?
    It says I should drive nearly 700k dps. At bosses with little movement it's not a problem, but with Guldan HC I am just at 450k.

Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Hello,

I could need some help with the settings for SimCraft. What options are realistic? For the combat type, etc.?
    It says I should drive nearly 700k dps. At bosses with little movement it's not a problem, but with Guldan HC I am just at 450k.
    Gul'dan has fight breaks where he's taking no damage whatsoever, where you're killing adds that are shortlived so your damage is pretty crappy there as well.

Where you're running fire debuffs and the shadow nova on last phase, where you're knocked out of range with bonds or have to run and soak someone, which is time not casting drain soul on UA.

You're probably trying to DPS adds to your detriment. Affliction is shit at adds.

For longer lived adds like first phase, pop agony on the 3 adds but maintain dots on only one once the three adds are up. Malefic Grasp tunneling on UA with agony on the rest of the adds is all you need.

For eyes, precast a seed of corruption as he's about to bring them out, pop it to get corruption on eyes and go back to tunneling boss. Tag any add that won't live long with corruption for wrath of consumption stacks. For empowered eye on last phase, just dump 2 UA's on it and drain, don't bother with dots they're not worth the cast for how short it lives.

Renew agony on Gul'dan while running out for shadow nova. When you are going to soak souls on well, this is the time to renew dots on guldan and life tap. Same for fire debuff. FYI, when running fire, you only need to side step in a circular manner, don't just run out of range of him.

Situational question, if a boss in a dungeon is being pulled and i'm at 5 stacks of wrath with about 15sec left should I dump more than 2 ua's into a drain cycle?