Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hoping for some 7.2 theorycraft soon. Intuitively expecting haste and crit to overtake mastery, perdition and UA crit relics to solidly overtake shadow dmg. Stat changes may change talent balance, too (siphon life isn't in perdition's tooltip).
    Last edited by Joryy; 2017-03-23 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    One thing we go know is that those godawful "placeholder" (lol) tier bonuses are there to stay. Looking like even the numbers aren;t changing.

So with 7.2 next week, how good is the Corruption ring going to be?
    15% on Corr doesn't look so bad, even when it's only ~10-11% of our dmg on ST.
    And the stats on the ring are perfect.

[QUOTE=Walrock;45101797]So with 7.2 next week, how good is the Corruption ring going to be?
    15% on Corr doesn't look so bad, even when it's only ~10-11% of our dmg on ST.
    And the stats on the ring are perfect.[/QUOTE

A good legendary especially if you plan on doing a 4/2 tier setup.

Hey guys, I am kinda new to Legion Aff. Could someone please tell me why on some bosses, such as scorp you get souls for add kills, where on Krosus for example you don't get souls for the add kills in that fight. If I know why then I won't waste time tagging add which won't give me souls.

Deleted
    The only reason can be that the game developers consider it a balance issue, that having adds proc Wrath or souls or whatever in certain fights would lead to afflocks overperforming.

Just goes to show how whilst the on death mechanics are very cool and fit the class fantasy, in practical terms they are a bitch, because you have such huge pendulum swings between a fight with no adds (and hence no Wrath buff, and a limited supply of shards and tormented souls) and a fight with load sof adds, in which case, you can potentially keep up a full Wrath buff (five stacks being 10%) consistently and not only that, have a huge abundanc eof tormented souls to keep up Reap and a virtuall yunlimited supply of shards to spam UA. The only way to stop that is to do what amounts ot switching off certain abilities in certain fights.

AFAIk aflfiction is almost unique in this, because of the way having adds can so massively affect our performance

It;s s shame that whilst we take an effective "nerf" from adds that do what you say, there's no equivalent "buff" for fights with zero killable adds.
    Last edited by mmoc7a6bdbfc72; 2017-03-25 at 11:09 PM.

So the question is: should we go all the way till new drain souls trait or invest in powerful traitsts like perdition first?

Deleted
    I would imagine the new Drain Soul one, since it apparently enables Reap to be up almost all the time. Moreover, it synergises with the (shite) T20 bonuses, basically we won;t be affliction warlocks, but drainsoul warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    So the question is: should we go all the way till new drain souls trait or invest in powerful traitsts like perdition first?
    As it is right now on PTR, the new gold trait is a ludicrous dps increase. Beeline for it. It could be nerfed by 50% and you'd still beeline for it. It will almost certainly be nerfed INTO THE GROUND by Tomb.

Has anyone done a rough ranking of post-patch legendary priority? The front page guide was never much use to me since I've yet to get any of the straight throughput ones for Afflic, and now I suddenly have options that matter. Specifically: Sephuz, Prydaz, Dark Strike, Burning Wish, and Pillars.

I think Sephuz and Dark Strike are the winners. They'll have clear universal performance boosts, while Prydaz and Pillars are utility stat sticks and Burning Wish is both AoE and dependent on me remembering to click it on cooldown. But my gut is not always right, so I'd like a second opinion on that.

we don't actually have a choice about which traits to get, do we? You still need to get the first 35 and then follow the 7.2. path to the new gold trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    we don't actually have a choice about which traits to get, do we? You still need to get the first 35 and then follow the 7.2. path to the new gold trait.
    Unless I'm wrong, we have a choice between going for the new traits and backtracking for old traits that have a new 4th rank added to them.

Seems like a lot of this is outdated with itself.

At one point it says Crit isnt a good stat (at the relics part), Compounding Horror is our best trait.

And at the begining of situational rotation suggests it suggests 3-4 UAs and then a drain (esp with MG) and at another point it suggests just the normal drain phase rotation on adds

Is there a list somewhere of the fights in Nighthold where locks can proc Sephuz?

hp pools in pvp increased by 2.5m hp. Affliction dots still tick 12-40k nice. UHDK dots tick for 40k

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that adds like those skeletons on Helya who previously were soulless husks now proberly give you souls. No wonder that affliction currently rated as top spec for NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes. I can confirm all adds are now properly can give you souls.

- - - Updated - - -

First new affliction 4/4 trait not doubled by reap. Maybe not working at all.

Aside from new traits and reap mechanics on the pull, was anything else changed? I feel like I've been stealth buffed, and can't point at where the (massive) change in damage vs. last week has come from.

Quote Originally Posted by cloin View Post
    Aside from new traits and reap mechanics on the pull, was anything else changed? I feel like I've been stealth buffed, and can't point at where the (massive) change in damage vs. last week has come from.
    I feel like reap stacking and not overwriting itself was a massive damage boost. I know that at least for myself I didn't have the discipline to not overwrite reap all the time, so now with the stacking reap I feel like my uptime on reap tripled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cloin View Post
    If you're talking about various nh fights: all adds now give souls: that results in a lot more reap uptime, and in a massive damage buff. On bosses such as krosus, where i often found myself without any soul, now i found i have an uptime at around 90%. Also the new 3/4 souls you get for sure on bl mean a lot of damage that on 7.1.5 relied on RNG

Hehe rend soul nerfed, and damage is not doubled by rep now. Meanwhile second and third new traits are still not working in case of second (not doubled by reap at least, not sure about base crit), garbage in case of 3rd. And ofc they nerfed rend by 8% percent (16% under reap). As mentioned before. When it comes to warlocks in legion they are ready to nerf it by 10-infinity% in 1-3 days, when it comes to buff locks in legion they need minimum of one month and buff is always like 1-10%. This can be easily seen in pvp, where they nerfed affliction int several times by 35%, 10%, 10%, 5%, they nerfed new affliction talents by 50% in 2 days lol, which resulted in affliction being useless crap in pvp without damage, survivability, mobility and with most shit cc in the game (also no stun, no baseline interrupt). Meanwhile they gave disarm for some melee classes, they gave blind to muti rogues (sure why not? their damage is non existant right? and they have almost no other cc), and when you se pvp templates changes most of melee agility/strength nerf are starting from 2.5% opposite of 35% int nerf to affliction. Hovewer how you can expect something different if you can clearly see that there's almost no q&a control since ulduar.

The fact that you now get souls from adds is a huge buff compared to before.
    Before that is was very inconsistent which adds gave you souls and which not.