Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Janka View Post
    Me again, guys.
    Today we had a discussion. The guys from a mythic raid guild say that I should swap my 895 Whispers in the Dark with socket for a 915 Tarnished Sentinel Medallion. My second trinket is an 880 Unstable Arcanocrystal.
    But when I simulate myself with Simulationcraft I get 1.024.459 dps with Whispers and Arcanocrystal and 1.016.549 dps with Medallion and Arcanocrystal. It would be a loss of 7,9 k dps if I swap them.

Any ideas?
    As soon as the fight becomes more than a single target, whispers and arcano gain much more value (and surpass the medallion even at that item level).

I would stick with the Whispers + Arcano given the majority of TOS (only Goroth and Maiden are "ST"). Go ahead and test out the medallion in lieu of one of the them on either and/or both fights to get some sample data - in general they are both very close whereas a 930+ tarnished would certainly overtake on pure ST).

I personally use a 910 whispers and an 880 socketed arcano with ZERO plans of swapping either until I get a 930 medallion but I'll gladly pass it to boomkins/mages first. Even then, it would only be for 2 bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by pappaslop View Post
    As soon as the fight becomes more than a single target, whispers and arcano gain much more value (and surpass the medallion even at that item level).
    Which brings us to Know Your Raid Fights. Swapping trinkets and/or talents depending on fight type means you have to know what types of fight they are.

Goroth, Sisters, Maiden, and Kil'jaden are (almost) pure single target fights. They're good choices to swap in TSM for. Inquisition is a council fight, while Harjatan, Sassz'ine, and Host all have frequent heavy add presence. TSM loses a lot of value for those, and if you're using Simcraft to pick trinkets you want to re-run sims with a Fight Style besides Patchwerk.

Fallen Avatar is a bit of an odd duck. It's mostly single target, but being able to cleave during the first phase is still useful. I'm honestly not sure which profile does better there.

Is there a guide for affliction that includes 7.2.5 talent rework? THis one appears to still use effigy.