15+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on any professions for DH on launch

Curious as to what other people might go with on launch day with there DH myself i was thinking engineering not sure as to what else to go with as my second one

I have decided (provisionally...) that, outside of my main "mini-economy" crafters (six alts having one of each profession, plus a duplicate for Alchemy), I'm going to have the REST of my alts be engineering and enchanting.

The reason being, there's some cool engineering stuff (Jeeves for repairs, MOLL-E for mailbox access), and being able to disenchant items (to feed mats to your main enchanter) would keep your bags pretty empty.

But again, this is provisional...

Edit: My other option will be to go dual-gathering (herbalism/mining, probably; maybe skinning on one or two). Pretty much, I don't want to grind crafting professions on multiple alts.

Only engineers can use the loot-a-rang, which I consider to be an essential QoL item now. You also get the old tinkers for gliding and rocket belt.

Other profession perks:

Alchemy: Transmutes
    Blacksmith: 4x duration on items that allow you to interact while mounted and increase mountspeed by 20%
    Inscription: Level up the unwritten legend 4x faster (sells for gold when leveled)
    Leatherworker: 4x duration on a no-daze item and a prestige BoP mount
    Tailors: 4x duration on a saddle blanket (which appears, as far as I can tell, to do nothing whatsoever)
    Enchanters and Jewelcrafters: Nothing special and new for themselves at all. Of course enchanters can still DE.
    Gatherers: Same, no perks at all, but they will make money.

I've got my six "mini-economy" alts, having one of everything (two of Alchemy, though why, I don't know; I was going Transmute and Elixir/Flask masters, but they haven't mattered in several expansions).

For my OTHER alts, I've decided that they're ALTS. Until such time as they distinguish themselves (i.e., become more fun than my mains), I'll relegate them to Engineering (as you mention, the toys, the tinkers, and the special mounts) and Enchanting (to feed the Enchanter-main with mats, those that aren't soulbound).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Only engineers can use the loot-a-rang, which I consider to be an essential QoL item now. You also get the old tinkers for gliding and rocket belt.
    Don't DH wings count as a built in glider?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yes, but (as I recall) the engineer glide is much faster. It's something like 325% speed.

Of course goblin glider kits are incredibly cheap and work in broken isles too, but there goes an inventory slot.

I'm struggling with my choice, because you know, a video game profession is super important.

The completionist and lore/rp type in me likes the idea of Inscription/Herbalism. With Inscription being revamped, it gives the DH a chance to collect every recipe. But to be honest, I hate seeing the yellow dots on a map and feeling obligated to pick those herbs - OCD stuff, I know. I like the idea of my DH being a smart guy who knows Inscription.

I am also considering LW/Skinning. I think skinning is the most fun gathering profession and LW would be cool to do and watch my TMog collection grow. Plus, it makes sense, no? A DH kills the evil Demons and uses them for his own garb. Obviously, the game has so many long and gone LW recipes my guy could never get, but is that really a big deal?

I definitely want an appropriate gathering profession as to collect Blood of Sargeras and to support myself. Decisions, decisions and DH-day is nearly here!