Question Combat text over target

before patch there was an interface option of showing damage/ heal over a target. now its gone and I don't seem to find it. is this intended? a bug? am I blind?

I suspect it's intended, yes. Blizzard made quite the razing in the interface options menu this last patch. To restore some of the missing customisation (namely the floating combat text you mention), check out the new addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions, over on Curse. Sorry, can't link yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Vazza View Post
    I suspect it's intended, yes. Blizzard made quite the razing in the interface options menu this last patch. To restore some of the missing customisation (namely the floating combat text you mention), check out the new addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions, over on Curse. Sorry, can't link yet!
    I installed the addon while you were writing and yes, you can activate it in there. why would they remove all that stuff only you have to bring it back with an addon?

No idea, but I guess it's an effort on the part of Blizzard to simplify things from get-go, as they have done over the years.