Need help on a laptop

Hey, my wife is looking for an office/school/netflix(maybe wow?) laptop and I'm not entirely sure on the specifics of what she should be looking for.

To me I think the gold standard for processor speed should be 3.0GHZ, 8 gigs of ram (Windows 10, and it'll continue to keep taking as much ram as it can because of the higher availability of ram) and at minimum 128gig SSD.

However I'm pretty ignorant with laptops and what exactly makes a good laptop (her last one blew up in flames)

Any suggestions/ideas? Looking at <$700. Although slightly higher (before taxes) is fine too.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

I got you:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Obsidian_Black

Has a gtx 950m if she ever decides to put WoW on it, as well as an i5 and 256gig ssd.

So for wow, school (Graduate school), etc <2.5 GHZ is fine for a processor?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    So for wow, school (Graduate school), etc <2.5 GHZ is fine for a processor?
    Ya absolutely, its very standard on laptops to save battery life. This is a steal of a deal tbh, other cheapest lappy i could find with a gtx 950m is over 700 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ya absolutely, its very standard on laptops to save battery life. This is a steal of a deal tbh, other cheapest lappy i could find with a gtx 950m is over 700 bucks.
    Theres one with a 960M at 600 that my wife custom built via HP, should she take it? Was slightly better and more customized to her pref, I told her no originally because I was worried about processor speed.

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Theres one with a 960M at 600 that my wife custom built via HP, should she take it? Was slightly better and more customized to her pref, I told her no originally because I was worried about processor speed.
    Find that hard to believe, but absolutely. Do you got a link, i may buy one for that price lol.