Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Aesthetically, I'd prefer to use DF over Dire Beasts
    I was in the same camp, not enjoying this forced change to our "class fantasy" ... but having used the new Dire Beast and Stampede for a few weeks now, I actually enjoy them and am not sure I'd even swap to DF if it became competitive (unless it became the clear "winner" for the talent row).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I was in the same camp, not enjoying this forced change to our "class fantasy" ... but having used the new Dire Beast and Stampede for a few weeks now, I actually enjoy them and am not sure I'd even swap to DF if it became competitive (unless it became the clear "winner" for the talent row).
    If only there was some way to get rid of the damnable whistle (I mean to get rid of it for good; I know how to be rid of it locally), then I would be totally fine with DB too.

Dire beast is better overall. DF limits your amount of pet out to only 1, which is in contradiction with some talents and abilities. Its possible that on high lvl gear with a single target build it could be ok, but so far its not worth it. More bursty but less consistent overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    it doesn't need to be tuned. it was a band-aid blizzard added for people that were whining about their bff pet fantasy.
    The spec is called beast master. Why is it wrong to want a BFF pet instead of just flinging random-ass animals at everything like a reverse pokemon trainer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I really don't like that the new stampede is a line of random animals. Sure, it's a lot better for aoe damage now, but I like having my other pets jump in and get some action too, not just the local critters...as local as a bear in netherstorm is...

Also bothers me that turretman spec is bestie atm by quite a mile. I prefer SV, but it kinda feels like carve had its range reduced...

Or well, I prefer SV atm, just because...BM is a bit lame in my mind, and I only really use it to afk my brain while farming or doing some encounters were I like having the spirit beast healing handy...looking at you Spine of Deathwing. :I
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-08-05 at 09:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm using DF because I hate the aesthetic of summoning random beasts I haven't tamed. If that means I have to be the #2 top DPS instead of #1 I think I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Maybe more attackspeed from Dire Frenzy + beast cleave.
    The extra attacks from Dire Frenzy do not benefit from Beast Cleave. The "flurry of 5 attacks" are extra attacks that are independent of your pet's normal attacks and will not cleave targets.

I know not everyone likes it, but I for one enjoy the BM game play of basically throwing animals at your targets. I do wish we had Glyph options to make all those animals pets from our own stable, but maybe that's something they can add later on.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2016-08-06 at 02:15 AM.

DF also provides a haste buff to your pet though which should benefit beast cleave

Question on DB/DF as it pertains to the Titan's Thunder 3rd golden trait:

The tooltip states: Discharge a massive jolt of electricity from Titanstrike into all your pets and Dire Beasts, causing them to deal up to (Ranged attack power * 1.15 * 0.5 * 1) Nature damage to their target every 1 sec. for 8 sec.

Dire Frenzy
    Also causes your next Dire Frenzy to deal (200% of Attack power) additional Nature damage on each of the 5 Dire Frenzy attacks

Does this mean Dire Frenzy gains more benefit from Titan's Thunder? Or is it equal in that DB has extra pets/extra electric jolts vs DF added nature dmg per frenzy stacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    I know not everyone likes it, but I for one enjoy the BM game play of basically throwing animals at your targets. I do wish we had Glyph options to make all those animals pets from our own stable, but maybe that's something they can add later on.
    Not everytime but 3 out of 4 times:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=139288/g...he-dire-stable