VuhDo Doesn't Change Spells Between Specs?

Hey all,

I'm having a problem with VuhDo and trying to use it between multiple specs on my Priest. I've been doing a lot of bouncing back and forth between Holy and Disc since the patch - Holy because it most resembles the original spec/class toolkit which I had also grown quite acquainted with through mostly playing it in WoD, and Disc because I was thinking I want to switch to it in Legion but the changes are taking a lot of getting used to. So basically I've been trying to make myself run Disc in dungeons to try to get better at it, but falling back on Holy anytime I'm healing harder content where I just need to know that I can deliver.

To this end, I obviously made and saved two different profiles. I even clicked the checkboxes in the Tools tab to automatically activate a profile based on Spec 1 or Spec 2. Now, the profiles will actually properly load when I swap to their respective spec, Holy or Disc. It also appropriately applies the changes to my HoT Bars and Icons (Holy has an icon for PoM and bars for Renew and Echo of Light. Disc has an icon and bar for Atonement, and also a bar for PW:Shield), also maintaining the color of the bars.

The problem lies in the Spells tab. I play with a logitech gaming mouse, and so have an arsenal of spells/macros assigned to the various mouse buttons, both in the main Mouse keys window, and also through the Keys Local window. None of these spells change between profile switches. At first I was thinking maybe it was just a Keys Local thing, that those things never switched ever. But then I tried assigning Renew to Right Button for the Holy profile, and PW:S to it for the Disc profile. Saved both. But when I switch specs, and the profile loads, the spell doesn't change; it keeps whichever the last one I typed in by hand was.

So...what is this?? Is this "working as intended"? Is this a bug in the rollout for 7.0?? I actually never tried this before the patch, even though I played both healing specs at some point in this expansion, so I have no idea did this functionality previously exist but now doesn't. Any insight would be greatly appreciated...I put together a Manno>Archi run yesterday and started Manno without realizing that my VuhDo still had my Disc spells loaded even though I was in Holy spec and Holy profile was loaded...

ETA: oh, also, while I'm here I guess: since Shadow only has PW:S and Shadow Mend I tried setting the Disc profile to also load when I switch to Shadow spec, but the addon apparently will only let me assign the profile to one spec option, not two. ??

Thanks guys
    Last edited by grovewd; 2016-08-01 at 04:59 PM.

Profiles in VuhDo are the configuration of your panels/frames. Key Layouts are the configuration for your mouse binds, key binds, and HoT icons. Hopefully this resolves your confusion. Read the project description on Curse and there are several guides (text and video) that will walk you through how this works if it is still unclear.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Elmoe:

Thanks for that, that actually was enough for me to realize the problem and I found the solution with a little more reading.

For anyone still confused by this: when you create a profile, this only saves your frame information (as Elmoe said above). Keybinds have to be saved as a separate "profile" using Tools>Key Layouts. You will need to type in a name (it can be the same as the name you use for your frame profiles), and there you can also checkmark the keys to load for N Spec. I've tested this and it works properly. It even will load my Disc key layout for Shadow spec as well.

Now whenever you swap to a spec you should see in your chat box TWO messages:
    {VuhDo} Profile successfully loaded: [profile name]
    {VuhDo} Key layout "[name]" loaded.

Just for anyone else that is confused by this issue, I found an uptick in similar posts in the last 2 weeks. This is how you "fix" it.

Glad you got things figured out!

And to be clear nothing had changed with regard to this behavior for 3.72. VuhDo has always worked this way as far as I know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk