Thread: WoWProgress

WoWProgress

Does anyone know what's going on with WoWProgress? Some people's achievement points seem to be updating but not others, the vast majority don't match their armory achievement point totals anymore.

No one? =( I've tried emailing wowprogress's site but they haven't answered.

Deleted
    Also looking for an alternative, since this site seems dead for now.

Someone had posted a comment to that effect on WoWProgress's site UcanDoSht, said "site seems dead" and someone else had responded saying "looks that way". They were up for 4-5 days before they got removed today, seems they just don't want to respond to people's questions about the achievements not working but don't want anyone commenting about it.

Make sure this isnt on

this removed my achivement points completely on wowprogress once.

Yeah, that def isn't on. It's just wowprogress I think, the majority of the people at the top are still showing pre-7.0 achievement point totals, while some others are showing the new reduced amount even though if you go to the armory of some of the top people they now have less than the people who were bumped below them because wowprogress hasn't updated everyone's totals.

Site is still broken and they've removed all comments about it bring broken now and locked comments being able to be posted to the thread where it was being discussed. imgur.com/a/hC6FJ

Well, WoWProgress still hasn't fixed anything. I've emailed them at least half a dozen times with no response, they also started removing all the comments off their site of people talking about it. The post "Bad Ads" had 2-3 people mentioning it and they started taking off peoples comments and then a day or two ago removed all of them and locked being able to post comments in that thread. I can't post links yet unfortunately but I screenshotted the cached version of the page before they managed to remove all the comments.

Deleted
    Hi, I am one of the webmasters of WoWProgress. The Development has been discontinued, due to the fact, that we lost two major developers to warcraftlogs.

We are aware, that our site is or was quite popular in the past and alot of the WoW players would like to see this site active again. We also feel, that our site is one of a kind and should be out there to support the community. This is the reason, why our site is still online. But to date, we failed to engage a new partnership with a human resource provider apart from our financial capabilities which are limited.

I can tell you, that our project is either reliant on donations, which were rather small in the past, income from advertising or investments. The major problem, were are facing, is that World of Warcraft is intensly developed further whereas we cannot develop our site at the same pace. We already considered to sell our domain. We do not like to sell it, but we do not like to shut it down either.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Hi, I am one of the webmasters of WoWProgress. The Development has been discontinued, due to the fact, that we lost two major developers to warcraftlogs.
    Do you pay good wages (such as $100k) to these two major developers?
    Or do they work for free?

I wonder if these fan sites make money at all.

I am the sole developer of Warcraft Logs, so you are mistaken.
    Creator of Warcraft Logs, Blood Death Knight in Temerity

This is so funny

P.S.
    Troll reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    This is so funny
    You are the real owner of wowprogress but never answer your mails.

15+ Year Old Account

We are aware, that our site is or was quite popular in the past and alot of the WoW players would like to see this site active again. We also feel, that our site is one of a kind and should be out there to support the community. This is the reason, why our site is still online. But to date, we failed to engage a new partnership with a human resource provider apart from our financial capabilities which are limited.

I can tell you, that our project is either reliant on donations, which were rather small in the past, income from advertising or investments. The major problem, were are facing, is that World of Warcraft is intensly developed further whereas we cannot develop our site at the same pace. We already considered to sell our domain. We do not like to sell it, but we do not like to shut it down either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kihra View Post
    I am the sole developer of Warcraft Logs, so you are mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    This is so funny

P.S.
    Troll reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imodorox View Post
    You are the real owner of wowprogress but never answer your mails.
    This is setting up to be some kind of big Soap Opera super dramatic showdown. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!! Find out next week on, "It's mine, That's a lie, It's mine, why you no return my calls?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    This is setting up to be some kind of big Soap Opera super dramatic showdown. DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!! Find out next week on, "It's mine, That's a lie, It's mine, why you no return my calls?"
    Heh, reminds me of the starbucks thing "I am spartacus" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================