Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Fury and Arms @ Legion

Just wondering how are we doing with our dps specs on Legion raiding, I have no access to the beta and I don't know where can I find charts or logs about that.

From what I've read, Fury is doing really bad and I can't find any info about Arms. I'm especially interested in the Arms spec, it's going to be viable to start with the Arms artifact? how are we Warriors doing on terms of dps? Arms or Fury for raiding?

Thanks in advance guys, I really appreciate any responses.
    Last edited by mmoc4e13f8d5de; 2016-08-01 at 07:14 PM.

They're pretty competitive; Fury is better at add waves, Arms is better at cleave and sustained AoE. Overall Arms comes out ~10% ahead, though the method to get there is pretty grueling to play (very high APM FR build).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They're pretty competitive; Fury is better at add waves, Arms is better at cleave and sustained AoE. Overall Arms comes out ~10% ahead, though the method to get there is pretty grueling to play (very high APM FR build).
    Thanks! So Arms it's going to be viable, I'm happy about that , even if I need to break my fingers pressing FR haha

Sorry about this question not being related to the topic himself but I'm rerolling to a Warrior (played warrior before but only for pvp) and I play with an average ping of 70ms~, as you said Arms is a very high apm build so... it's my latency going to fxck me in terms of dps or I will be fine with my 70ms playing a warrior? how much can the latency affect my dps?

Thank you again sir, I follow you on twitter and I have read the guide you reviewed on Icy Veins, awesome work!
    Last edited by mmoc4e13f8d5de; 2016-08-01 at 07:57 PM.

Do you have beta? How do we look in mythic+

Can you provide more info on this? Checked simcraft and yes it seems that arms is doing good damage. Arms is better at single target?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Do you have beta? How do we look in mythic+
    We have a great aoe stun and best burst aoe damage in the game you shouldn't have a problem finding a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Creonptc View Post
    We have a great aoe stun and best burst aoe damage in the game you shouldn't have a problem finding a group.
    Arms artifact + bladestorm?

Archimtiros - I would like to also know how much would be an acceptable threshold of latency to play warrior (both dps specs) at top level be in comparison to other melee classes? coz I play around 150 ms ping (unavoidable due to geographical location).

Thank you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Arms artifact + bladestorm?
    Yeah that as well as FoB and trauma give strong sustain aoe for Arms, DR and Odyn's plus MC and WB for fury with shockwave added to the equation it's like dang go ahead and sign the kid right?

Quote Originally Posted by Avse7en View Post
    Archimtiros - I would like to also know how much would be an acceptable threshold of latency to play warrior (both dps specs) at top level be in comparison to other melee classes? coz I play around 150 ms ping (unavoidable due to geographical location).

Thank you
    No god damn clue. Just have to try it for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that as well as FoB and trauma give strong sustain aoe for Arms, DR and Odyn's plus MC and WB for fury with shockwave added to the equation it's like dang go ahead and sign the kid right?
    Except you'd never use Shockwave for damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol@ these questions. Does NO ONE read forums at all, or even notice the Arms/Fury/Prot discussion subthreads? Ignorance is profound.

Not blasting the op, but the following responses... Seriously. All the infos already here to read.

Deleted
    Wait what?
    I thought Fury is the better spec in legion?

I was under the impression that fury would be the go-to spec for the most part. Did something change? A 10% difference in dps seems like a big enough difference to sway people towards arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Lol@ these questions. Does NO ONE read forums at all, or even notice the Arms/Fury/Prot discussion subthreads? Ignorance is profound.

Not blasting the op, but the following responses... Seriously. All the infos already here to read.
    Threads move quickly, and most changes are happening via hotfix now, rather than patch, which is why WoWhead/MMO-C don't pick them up.

7+ Year Old Account
    No god damn clue. Just have to try it for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you'd never use Shockwave for damage.
    Man I know that you know aoe stun is a necessity in higher level mythic + I would go so far as to say....oh crap what's that...the forum police are here ruuuunnnnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    Wait what?
    I thought Fury is the better spec in legion?
    It is too. Atleast from what I've experienced.

He said that it's a grueling way to play to get those extra 10% and I'm pretty sure most won't be able to play like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    It is too. Atleast from what I've experienced.

He said that it's a grueling way to play to get those extra 10% and I'm pretty sure most won't be able to play like that.
    I love high apm builds, and im able to pull them off correctly, so if there is the possibility to do 10% more dps with 80 apm I'd take that.

Man I know that you know aoe stun is a necessity in higher level mythic +
    I won't argue that, but the topic was damage, and you even made reference to strong sustain AoE.

The way you laid it out:
    DR and Odyn's plus MC and WB for fury with shockwave added to the equation
    makes it sound like you're suggesting using Shockwave for damage, which might have been done prior to Legion, but is no longer. Can avoid confusion in your writing by more fully separating the ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mykir View Post
    I love high apm builds, and im able to pull them off correctly, so if there is the possibility to do 10% more dps with 80 apm I'd take that.
    80 is a far cry from the 120 APM that Arms is currently running at.

Deleted
    I won't argue that, but the topic was damage, and you even made reference to strong sustain AoE.

The way you laid it out:

makes it sound like you're suggesting using Shockwave for damage, which might have been done prior to Legion, but is no longer. Can avoid confusion in your writing by more fully separating the ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

80 is a far cry from the 120 APM that Arms is currently running at.
    120, k. But is it better?

7+ Year Old Account

The way you laid it out:

I think you are really underestimating the intelligence of the Warriors that use this...oh nevermind point taken