Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiki View Post
    From playing BrM and Blood on beta, the difference outside of a group is too great.

Pull a pack of 5 as a WW or Blood DK while level, finish with 100% health with plenty of cooldowns to spare.

Pull a pack of 5 as BrM, if you survive, finish with low health, every cooldown was blown, stagger ticks you to 1 health.

BrM is silly outside of a group, the artifact doesn't help much when maxed either.
    Blizzard has come out and said several times they don't bother to attempt to balance tank specs for solo content. The "overpowered" tank specs Prot and Guardian are even worse at pulling packs when solo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    Blizzard has come out and said several times they don't bother to attempt to balance tank specs for solo content. The "overpowered" tank specs Prot and Guardian are even worse at pulling packs when solo.
    Warrior will also finish a pack of 5 with 100% health because of victory rush. Played that spec plenty in beta also.

BrM being less of a tank than WW when soloing, and I'm talking about content where there's killing blows and not a world boss. It's a big problem, they need more tools to make their health go ---> that way.

If the solo difference wasn't beyond MASSIVE I wouldn't complain. And I do like the spec in a group.
    Last edited by mmoc67ef9e0fcd; 2016-08-04 at 12:24 PM. Reason: spelling

7+ Year Old Account
    i personal feel very strong in mythic raids when i got a healer watching me a bit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rynzler88 View Post
    - snip -

Of course you can always maybe stop complaining so much and maybe try and make the kit work for you instead of it just playing itself and expecting better results. Play around with things some more, have a little faith, or choose another class and get on with your life.
    First of all, keep in mind of my perspective is written from a 5-man mythic dungeon runs and secondly, I've trialed the current BRM in non-raid set/trinkets with barely 20% haste (gears I assume casual non-raiders would get) and in intentional lower gear in multiple runs so my experience isn't actually made up from thin air.
    I did that in order to see how the BRM fares in pugs when you're not "too" overgeared and the aforementioned experience as such have some empirical value. Most BRM raiders have absolute no issues with it but they were usual overgeared or in a raid environment. I merely provided a perspective outside those areas and reflected on some of the issues that appeared during my tests.

Lastly, GET THE HELL OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. As the OP described although with a typo - its a discussion/thoughts on BRM in the pre-patch and I shared my experience. How do you think these forums work btw? So how about keeping those insinuations and white knight attitude to yourself and stick to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    As for PB itself, having it purify "only" 50% definitely feels weird outside of raids. But I don't think it really needs to purify more (50% is already a lot in a raid) but it may need a small baseline that is not dependend on your current stagger amount but your max. HP, similar to how Frenzied Regeneration or Death Strike work. "Purifies 50% of your current stagger but at least purifies stagger equal to 10% of your max. HP" or "Purifies stagger equal to 5% or your max. HP plus 45% of your current stagger".
    Actually thats a great idea and would solve a lot of the issues I'm having. I don't hesitate to use Death Strike because of its baseline hp heal but I greatly hesitate using PB on a casual/regular basis until stagger is least moderate/high. Its the last constant drain on your hp after one PB that leads to some strain on healer mana/creates down time. Alternatively they could add this features to talent Elusive Dance thus making it a "safe bet/leveling talent". It would be nice if someone from the US could suggest that it in their forums. I'll add it to the EU.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2016-08-04 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The WoD mythic dungeons aren't really that great place to test the spec. My 745 monk (if there wouldn't be broken set bonus/class trinket) feels weaker than my 830 ilvl monk on beta felt in Legion mythic dungeons. (840+ gear drops from mythic 0 so clearly not overgeared).

So judging anything based on WoD content will be quite inaccurate in my opinion.

I don't think haste will affect that much to the gameplay itself. It gives you less brew CD but the optimal way to play now seems to be using Blackout Strike as every second global of yours. You barely waste energy and this gameplay stays the same between 10% haste and 50% haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

So you put on less gear and it didn't work as well. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    during my tests.

Lastly, GET THE HELL OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE. As the OP described although with a typo - its a discussion/thoughts on BRM in the pre-patch and I shared my experience. How do you think these forums work btw? So how about keeping those insinuations and white knight attitude to yourself and stick to the thread.
    Nobody can argue with you because the test is yours and yours alone, only you may carry this burden you placed upon yourself you are a hero. With some added bold and underline to show how anecdotal it is. Like super anecdotal guys. Then you talk in all caps about a high horse. Nothing is balanced around 100 I don't even know why somebody would care if you can't handle needing a healer and not having a shield for 1 million hp then just wait till legion so we can at least tell you that you are bad with logs and not just your attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalaman23 View Post
    So you put on less gear and it didn't work as well. Shocking.
    Nobody can argue with you because the test is yours and yours alone, only you may carry this burden you placed upon yourself you are a hero. With some added bold and underline to show how anecdotal it is. Like super anecdotal guys. Then you talk in all caps about a high horse. Nothing is balanced around 100 I don't even know why somebody would care if you can't handle needing a healer and not having a shield for 1 million hp then just wait till legion so we can at least tell you that you are bad with logs and not just your attitude.
    Another comment that provides zero value to the thread unless you count bashing/sarcasm as value, why even bother? Saying "nothing is balanced around 100" shouldn't excuse them for not optimizing the specs a bit outside artifact traits/level 110. Furthermore there's still a thing called leveling as Twiki mentioned and I tested the lower ilvl to see how the mechanics worked when you are at the appropriate/matching ilvl to the dungeons. why does this require an explanation?
    Regards to victory rush, I'm guessing Blizz wants hybrid classes to use their manual heal (effuse).

Keqe on the other hand actual provides valuable input:

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    The WoD mythic dungeons aren't really that great place to test the spec. My 745 monk (if there wouldn't be broken set bonus/class trinket) feels weaker than my 830 ilvl monk on beta felt in Legion mythic dungeons. (840+ gear drops from mythic 0 so clearly not overgeared).

So judging anything based on WoD content will be quite inaccurate in my opinion.

I don't think haste will affect that much to the gameplay itself. It gives you less brew CD but the optimal way to play now seems to be using Blackout Strike as every second global of yours. You barely waste energy and this gameplay stays the same between 10% haste and 50% haste.
    Interesting information, so the scaling works different for 110 or perhaps the artifact trait helped a lot more than wod endgame gear. I did hear a lot of good things about Obstinate Determination because it doesn't have a CD? Speaking of artifact traits, does Dragonfire Brew prolong the Breath of Fire dot or is it just a flat damage increase? It would be nice if it increased the dot duration thus giving a defensive benefit with the "Hot Blooded" trait.
    Regarding haste, if you don't have Dark Side of the Moon trait, tiger palm could be a higher priority if brews are needed? Although atm BS at a <2.5sec CD plays more optimal.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2016-08-04 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    Regarding haste, if you don't have Dark Side of the Moon trait, tiger palm could be a higher priority if brews are needed? Although atm BS at a <2.5sec CD plays more optimal.
    You won't really lose energy doing this rotation so using more tiger palm would only result in empty GCD at some point. You cap for a second once in a while but not enough to warrant differing from the rotation in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

you're going to feel fragile on a BM compared to other tanks. it boils down to a problem that's been brought up a million times by now: BM doesn't really mitigate any damage. purify isn't as useful as it should be due to sharing charges with ISB.

but yes, you can do the same content as other tanks if healer is babysitting you.

All I can say is that I went into mythic xhul and mannoroth tanking mythic for the first time and I was dying far less than our pally tank. Granted I did take more damage, but it's smoother meaning less overheal.