Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Time to adapt to what every other class had to deal with for 12 years.
    I didn't know other classes had to spend an unreducible 1.5sec gcd every time they want to access their spec's abilities. Or every time they want to use offspec abilities.

The benefits of shapeshifting are paid by the shapeshift gcd and the spell restriction of forms. The Legion's added cd lock is unwarranted punishment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    I didn't know other classes had to spend an unreducible 1.5sec gcd every time they want to access their spec's abilities. Or every time they want to use offspec abilities.

The benefits of shapeshifting are paid by the shapeshift gcd and the spell restriction of forms. The Legion's added cd lock is unwarranted punishment.
    Couldnt agree more. Even though Im leaning towards maining druid in legion, most specs have had their fantasy and/or feeling gutted (imo), like the thing with shapeshifting. As feral I feel really slow and clumsy, and just to give another example - starfall revamp is really really boring, old starfall was reason enough to play balance, it was awesome. But yeah I don´t mind them gimping powershifting but come on, adding a cd on forms was uncalled for imo, surely they could solve it in any other way. It makes the druidspecs feel slow and clumsy and druids whole idea is centered around shapeshifting... I feel they just took an easy solution to the powershiftproblem they wanted to get rid of, and in the process the entire classtheme took a heavy blow.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naelwen View Post
    Couldnt agree more. Even though Im leaning towards maining druid in legion, most specs have had their fantasy and/or feeling gutted (imo), like the thing with shapeshifting. As feral I feel really slow and clumsy, and just to give another example - starfall revamp is really really boring, old starfall was reason enough to play balance, it was awesome. But yeah I don´t mind them gimping powershifting but come on, adding a cd on forms was uncalled for imo, surely they could solve it in any other way. It makes the druidspecs feel slow and clumsy and druids whole idea is centered around shapeshifting... I feel they just took an easy solution to the powershiftproblem they wanted to get rid of, and in the process the entire classtheme took a heavy blow.
    Don`t even get me started on new Starfall, what a fucking mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Legions added cd lock emphasizes the fact that you should use your offspec abilities more, it doesnt affect that ability in any way as it only removes the ability of getting out of roots for no other cost than one gcd. You can still cast that rejuvenation and get back into your (insert whatever form here) form in the same time you could previously, what you cant do is shapeshift from cat to cat or moonkin to moonkin etc. without doing anything inbetween - which in my opinion works in favor of the class fantasy of being a shapeshifter

Deleted
    I really don't see the problem here. In PvE you're doing something really wrong if you have to shift in and out of your form all the time and it's causing you downtime..

For PvP I never usead powershifting anyway, but that might be because I'm resto. I go into cat to break roots / snares and break cat form with a healing spell anyway. In fact it is still a skill that breaks roots / snares without a 20 second cooldown. But I guess if you put it that way it doesn't sound as dramatic and sensational as most people here seem to like it.

I'm really gonna miss it. Playing Ferals feels so bleh now. You shift a root and ur stunned out of form gg.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I'm really gonna miss it. Playing Ferals feels so bleh now. You shift a root and ur stunned out of form gg.
    Shift from cat to bear and ur stunned in bear form........... which is more desirable anyway if you're gonna get stunned.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me sooo happy. Powershifting has always been the most scummy thing about fighting druids in PvP.

Powershifting was kind of dumb to begin with. Can't say I'm too upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Shift from cat to bear and ur stunned in bear form........... which is more desirable anyway if you're gonna get stunned.
    O I didn't know that. I just figured they killed all shifting from form when you are already in form. Haven't played Druid much because there is no season and Warlocks ruin bgs.
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    O I didn't know that. I just figured they killed all shifting from form when you are already in form. Haven't played Druid much because there is no season and Warlocks ruin bgs.
    You contradict yourself now but ok. Powershifting is shifting from, for example, cat to cat, breaking roots and snares but never actually leaving cat form.

You contradict yourself now but ok. Powershifting is shifting from, for example, cat to cat, breaking roots and snares but never actually leaving cat form.
    You still actually left cat form. It just happens fast where you don't see it, and you could still get stunned while in between forms in caster form.

This change pretty much made ferals total shit for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    For some reason I wasn't feeling it yesterday, maybe I missed it.

But yeah, shapeshifting nerf is here to stay, druids literally no longer have a place in PvP. They single handedly killed a whole class.
    hahaha jesus christ. Are you actually serious?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Legions added cd lock emphasizes the fact that you should use your offspec abilities more, it doesnt affect that ability in any way as it only removes the ability of getting out of roots for no other cost than one gcd. You can still cast that rejuvenation and get back into your (insert whatever form here) form in the same time you could previously, what you cant do is shapeshift from cat to cat or moonkin to moonkin etc. without doing anything inbetween - which in my opinion works in favor of the class fantasy of being a shapeshifter
    If that's the case, then it was just bad timing to strip bare all offspec abilities and gate them behind affinities.
    Removing the incentive AND the (part of) ease of shapeshifting just makes me think wtf.

I really don't see the problem here. In PvE you're doing something really wrong if you have to shift in and out of your form all the time and it's causing you downtime..

For PvP I never usead powershifting anyway, but that might be because I'm resto. I go into cat to break roots / snares and break cat form with a healing spell anyway. In fact it is still a skill that breaks roots / snares without a 20 second cooldown. But I guess if you put it that way it doesn't sound as dramatic and sensational as most people here seem to like it.
    Gorefiend's caster spirits slow comes to mind.

Breaking roots is part of the class utility, just like Mage Teleports/portals. Druids don't have baseline spells like Divine Shield or Bloodlust which for most classes come on top of their root break on cd.

All are situational and all give classes their niche.

The replies in this thread are really confusing... People are actually defending the removal of power shifting - something that has been in the game since, uh, forever iirc? It's one of feral's defining features for PvP. I don't play feral anymore, but I cannot possibly imagine how clunky it feels now with this change. Maybe people in this thread aren't PvPers, but a huge aspect/strength of feral gameplay was powershifting for mobility. This is just a really weird, clunky change if intentional and I don't understand some of the people's reactions to it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    The replies in this thread are really confusing... People are actually defending the removal of power shifting - something that has been in the game since, uh, forever iirc? It's one of feral's defining features for PvP. I don't play feral anymore, but I cannot possibly imagine how clunky it feels now with this change. Maybe people in this thread aren't PvPers, but a huge aspect/strength of feral gameplay was powershifting for mobility. This is just a really weird, clunky change if intentional and I don't understand some of the people's reactions to it in this thread.
    No, not since "forever."

Also, they nerfed or removed plenty of movement in Legion, which means Druids also need to lack some. Even after this ferals are probably one of the most mobile classes in PvP and it needs to stop.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I can see why you're upset since it's been around "forever", but can't you admit that transforming from cat into cat was ... weird? It just shows that this wasn't the intended usage all along, but they probably left it alone because they thought mobility was still OK. If they really wanted Feral to be completely immune to movement speed reductions then they would have added that as part of the base ability. They may have intended for people to phase in and out of cat, instead of cat straight to cat, to count as a trade-off for having this benefit in the first place. I tried chasing down a resto druid last night as Warrior and couldn't keep up, so I really don't think there's a huge issue here.

There's also absolutely nothing "clunky" about this change and you're just throwing around Blizzard's favorite feedback term. If anything, powershifting was truly "clunky" because of its mechanics - after all, you had to make a specific macro just for it to work at all, there was no spellbook ability you could just drag to your bars to accomplish it. How does that seem natural?
    Last edited by Tellof; 2016-08-05 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Time to adapt to what every other class had to deal with for 12 years.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Now take away their ridiculous OP instant flightform.

Wait. I thought they broke power shifting sometime in Wrath. Did they bring it back for all this time and are removing it for good now?