Poll: What's more difficult?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    They both have their difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you not have a job for those 18 years, if you had no kid?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You might not realize this but when you're married and you knock up a woman, you don't pay child support. I like your choice for your screen name, it's fitting.
    What's the point you're trying to make here exactly? Even if the government doesn't force you to pay child support, you do pay for the upbringing of said child inherently in such a situation regardless. If you don't and neglect the kid, you'll soon find CPS paying a visit.

If you have a child while married, gets a divorce, and moves out without the kid, you'll soon find the government asking you to pay that very same child support you didn't need to before too.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    What's the point you're trying to make here exactly? Even if the government doesn't force you to pay child support, you do pay for the upbringing of said child inherently in such a situation regardless. If you don't and neglect the kid, you'll soon find CPS paying a visit.

If you have a child while married, gets a divorce, and moves out without the kid, you'll soon find the government asking you to pay that very same child support you didn't need to before too.
    The point was child support money it can be miss used and not spent on the child, I don't think it's that complicated to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Simple question I want to know, is it more difficult to work at a job to pay for a child for 18 years or to carry the child for 9 months?
    Would you not work if there were no child? it's a silly question, and if you're trying to make a point against your pregnant girlfriend, then I'd honestly suggest you drop it and just play along with her complaning about it.

Expert level Trolling, I concede my crown to you and will now abdicate peacefully.

Time to kick up my feet and relacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    This is a connection that you are attempting to make. You are attempting to force my words and thoughts into your concepts. I got a vasectomy many years ago. It wasn't forced on me, it was a choice.

If you choose not to manage your risk, that's a personal failure. Trying to drag abortion in and bringing up so called financial abortion is just trying to obfuscate things. Risk management and its relationship to law is part of being an adult. It goes along with things like not drinking and driving, reading contracts before signing them, and many other such decisions. You don't control society, you don't control other people, it is up to you if you choose to ignore the options that you can control. You're free to ignore the risks and you may get lucky, but if something goes wrong then you are the one who accepted the risk.

Once you're an adult, the world isn't your babysitter anymore.
    How am i putting words in your mouth?

I'm not saying you said that. I'm pointing out it's hypocritical to have one but not the other.

All your saying now is just deal with the system at hand. It's good on an individual level but policy wise / talking about the system it's irrelevant.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is something only a mother could answer who has gone thru the child bearing pain and then had to care for them for 18 years. A man might understand the caring for 18 years, but there is no way he can relate to something which is impossible for him to experience. :P