Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    360,000 Union soldiers died. Approximately another 60,000 lost limbs.

Reparations - PAID IN FULL
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    reparations for what?

How many of these people were chained up?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Clearly I don't have to point out to you the logical fallacy in stating that just because things are worse off elsewhere, doesn't mean things were completely fine here too? I mean the Middle East is not much different from what the US was historically, about a century ago women weren't allowed to go out by themselves for lunch. Feel free to look it up.
    So why don't you whine about Muslims?

I don't get your point... White people you where the best people in history. Here is some guilt?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    We should have paid them reparations and we didn't, time marching forward does not correct the numerous wrongs that were committed against black people in this country for centuries.

The view that African-Americans deserve reparations is not limited to the BLM movement.
    I guess by that token, Native American people are owed a shit ton more in reparations because of what the ancestors did, because they were treated every bit as poorly as the African slaves were.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have sociatal change not give out money. It's not my fault for what my ancestors did. Same goes for the Native Americans. I'm sorry you guys got fucked over by whites but don't try and shame me for something I had nothing to do with aside from my race.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd rather have sociatal change not give out money. It's not my fault for what my ancestors did. Same goes for the Native Americans. I'm sorry you guys got fucked over by whites but don't try and shame me for something I had nothing to do with aside from my race.
    They didn't get fucked over... being a slave in America was better then being a free person for most Africans(In Africa)...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    decriminalization of drug-related offenses and prostitution
    Among other positive changes to the community like legalizing prostitution
    How hard is it to tell the difference between decriminalization and legalization? Come on, now, this isn't rocket surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

I don't get your point... White people you where the best people in history. Here is some guilt?
    You can read through the thread for my point, I made it pretty clearly. Why do you feel guilty for what other people have done, who are no longer alive? I have no idea why there are so many white dudes in this thread that are taking up the mantle of shit that dead white dudes have done.

We're not going to fix Middle Eastern culture anytime soon, going in and forcing them to be more egalitarian isn't going to work. It never has, historically. Change has to come from within, NGOs from Western countries can help support change within those countries but they're going to have to want it for themselves first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    That would be racist! You can't criticize barbaric middle-eastern cultures. No, no, no, you are supposed to berate white people who want the same free, tolerant, and liberal society you want because their white fathers and grandfathers didn't build it quick enough for you.

We should have paid them reparations and we didn't, time marching forward does not correct the numerous wrongs that were committed against black people in this country for centuries.

The view that African-Americans deserve reparations is not limited to the BLM movement.
    Your white guilt is showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    much like the other thread, this devolved into race vs race and white society vs non white society fairly quickly, which isn't allowed here so...

closing