Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Today I got kicked from a dungeon for the best reason...

Tank told me to stop dps.....as a Disc priest.....and then kicked me from the group....wtf is wrong with people (also i was @ top of meters due to twink gear)

A easy fix would be to allow all disc priest to que as dps for random content then you won't have that issue when ya run mythic dungeons with your guildy's

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Tank told me to stop dps.....as a Disc priest.....and then kicked me from the group....wtf is wrong with people (also i was @ top of meters due to twink gear)
    lmao it reminds me of LK when the meters didn't count the absorbs as healing so every dumbass was like "kick the disc priest/don't take disc they do no hps" or when you're playing a resto druid/mop mistweaver in a fight with no damage with a disc and a hpally in the raid and they be like "kick the druid/monk, they did no hps !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Homophobia is so gay.

Been happening to people since pre patch. People who don't play priests and haven't read the changes have no idea and are making assumptions. Most won't listen when you tell them it's how disc plays now either. Just ignorance right now... eventually it'll work itself out.

Healer Mantra:
    If you ain't dyin', you shouldn't be kickin'.
    If you are dyin', it is probably your fault, look at your feet.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

well, i was told i wasn't healing cause the tank was 'heroic geared' in timewalking...no, you're just taking fuck tons of dmg and your heroic gear doesn't do shit for you in timewalking...maybe you should just read the changes of your class instead of blaming it on me

Yeah... Unless the tank is dying I don't buy these stories. I've been running a lot of tw dungeons and yet to face someone who thinks my dps makes me less a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    Healer Mantra:
    If you ain't dyin', you shouldn't be kickin'.
    If you are dyin', it is probably your fault, look at your feet.
    Amen and It's the tanks fault also i'm a holy priest i'm to holy to blame so its probably the rogue or hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Yeah... Unless the tank is dying I don't buy these stories. I've been running a lot of tw dungeons and yet to face someone who thinks my dps makes me less a healer.
    That's how I feel as well. Whenever I read these posts I assume that they left out the fact that people were dying multiple times, or wiping consistently due to lack of heals etc. I mean it generally takes a lot to get kicked from a dungeon Ailey based on gameplay.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

I was kicked for being a BDK, pulling non-stop, and not needing the healer. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

10+ Year Old Account
    it was Slave Pens.....and i'm in full BoA's. like even if i only bubble and smite...no one would be dying. I was basically just bubble dot and pennance everything ...I was pulling top DPS cause i was the only one with BoA's in the group. I just don't think those people knew how disc works. This was leveing dungeon not max level.

Deleted
    You broke the tank's ego. You know he will always remember you as a nightmare - a person who could do two things at the same time. Well done

- - - Updated - - -

I got kicked from a pug raid because I had too much gear. Guess 746 is too much for HFC normal. Sounds incredible, right?`Point is, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Or do you disbelieve everything you hear about in the world on the same principle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    You broke the tank's ego. You know he will always remember you as a nightmare - a person who could do two things at the same time. Well done
    but that's the sad part it is not even two things at once...it is ONE thing...it is just how disc heals in legion....we have 1 direct heal with a debuff , 1 direct heal to apply atonement rest is just dps....

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    I got kicked from a pug raid because I had too much gear. Guess 746 is too much for HFC normal. Sounds incredible, right?`Point is, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Or do you disbelieve everything you hear about in the world on the same principle?
    No, no one would ever get the idea to lie on internet for attention. I'd be more inclined to believe these horrendous lfd stories if they provided screenshots. Not saying they don't exist, it just seems exaggerated compared to my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no one would ever get the idea to lie on internet for attention. I'd be more inclined to believe these horrendous lfd stories if they provided screenshots. Not saying they don't exist, it just seems exaggerated compared to my experience.
    i should have i was too dumbfounded at that time

10+ Year Old Account
    On two different occasions I got kicked for not handing out food and not giving my shield to the tank. Guess which happened on my Mage and Priest....

Deleted
    Behavior of fellow players is horrible even at max lvl, i got kicked from timewalking wrath for doing only 3k dps (pre prepatch).
    We werent dying but some people just want to finish 2 minutes earlier in a dungeon I suppose.

There was one time in Vanilla some pug tank was blowing a gasket because I was smiting in Uldaman, despite the fact Renew was enough to keep him topped. Spent the rest of the run doing /dance

While I have noticed a surge in complaints from DISC specifically having this problem, I don't believe someone is getting kicked with no reasoning behind it. Like others have stated, the new play style of Disc has thrown a lot of people off-guard. Even if you're out-dpsing a DPS/Tank in a LFD I highly doubt you'll be kicked just out of spite, if anything I would be happy the person playing is halfway decent to pull it off.

The only reasons I can assume people are getting kicked is either;

• A - They can't grasp to concept of the new play style and are causing deaths (look at Priest forums, 80-90 as Disc through dungeons is apparently horrible to play)
    • B - Tank changes have made healers more reliant, therefore taking away a lot of the self-sustained tanking and people are still mass-pulling expecting to survive without a scratch
    • C - Toxic and narrow-minded players which unfortunately plague the community still that could grief other players just by being a dick (I've only seen this happen if it's prevoked, you would think people wouldn't kick others just by random, but people are assholes lol)

Going back to Disc Priest, I've seen a lot of Mythic dungeons lately on live that have had Disc's STRUGGLING to keep people alive, even on trash pulls. Some people just can't grasp the new mechanics, I see Shadow Mend spam constantly, then we all die. I personally haven't kicked a Disc before at least trying to explain things, but most of the time they get frustrated and leave the group anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    well, i was told i wasn't healing cause the tank was 'heroic geared' in timewalking...no, you're just taking fuck tons of dmg and your heroic gear doesn't do shit for you in timewalking...maybe you should just read the changes of your class instead of blaming it on me
    It amazes me the number of people who don't realize gear scales in Timewalking and that it doesn't matter if you are heroic or mythic geared