Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    So, here's the thing i never got about that whole bolvar/helmet/"allways a lich king" deal. There needs to allways be a lich king to keep the scourge in check, right? So why doesn't he simply order all remaining (braindead) members of the scourge into icecrowns large basin, and we drop a couple bombs on them, or have some mages weave firestorms for a day, so that there simply is no more scourge that needs to be controlled? The scourge would be out of the picture, bolvar could die in peace, the helmet could be sealed away, and all's good.
    There's a few things. At the moment, Bolvar doesn't seem as powerful as Ner'zhul or Arthas were. He's able to keep the undead on Northrend dormant, but it doesn't seem like he has much control over the Scourge outside of the continent. There's a pretty strong Scourge presence in the Plaguelands still, with the Cult of the Damned still active as well. The Scourge is also present on Kalimdor, still controling Razorfen Downs.

Helm of Domination
    Domination
    its called the Helm of Domination because it Dominates the wearers will.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think reason why Bolvar holds the Helm is because he managed to fight against Lich Kings will and he continues to do so. A DK player cannot do that.
    There is no Lich King's will. Arthas overpowered Ner'zhul and then Arthas perished when Frostmourne was shattered. Only Bolvar is the Lich King now.

Yeeeeaaa I mean as far as the things I have read. During Artha's mental battle with taking over the helm of domination. He killed Ner'zhul in the helm along with his own heart and soul.

As far as I am concerned. Not only is the helm of domination not nearly as powerful anymore. But bolivar is the only entity occupying that helm. The only corruption he is going to get is corruption out of power. Which again. He may only be able to tell the undead to stay dormant or go active. No way of guiding their actual activity.

Presumably being imbued with the power of the Red Dragonflight makes Bolvar a lot more in control of his actions, and able to control the Scourge without being driven to madness (which the player would). Kil'jaeden created the Lich King and he's still alive, so... you need someone that can combat that sort of manipulation when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    By Lich King's will, I mean Ner'zhul. Spirit of Ner'zhul is what posses the frozen throne and the helm.
    Yeah I know what you mean. Like I said, Ner'zhul's spirit was destroyed by Arthas and doesn't exist anymore.

From wowpedia:
    In 2012, Chris Metzen tweeted that as far as he's concerned, Ner'zhul is completely gone gone.[54]

In 2014, Sean Copeland corroborated the novel's account of Arthas destroying Ner'zhul's spirit:

Q. Okay, my friend and I are at each other's throats over this. Is Ner'zhul's spirit destroyed canonically or not?
    A. So it seems per the Arthas novel (p. 307). [55]

Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-08-04 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    Arthas wants you(in Legion) to question your free will. He appears to you and tell stuff.

Bolvar is most definately a bad boy and he will become part of the Team Shadow. While Arthas's son Anduin will champion the Light cause.

Deleted
    If blizzard decided to use the artifact system in the next expansion, similar to how they reused parts of the garrison system for order halls, I wouldn't be surprised if the player DKs ended up with the helm of domination as their "artifact armor" or whichever form it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    They didn't retcon him. He's just as canon as always. He's, like they've said, "out doing important stuff"
    His existence isn't compatible with the movie or almost anything else. I doubt we'll ever hear much more about him, and I'm glad. He was a crap fanfic-esque character.

Deleted
    Because player DKs care only about their deeps, they don't have the willpower that Bolvar has to wear the helm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    Yeah I know what you mean. Like I said, Ner'zhul's spirit was destroyed by Arthas and doesn't exist anymore.

From wowpedia:
    It's worth noting that Darion did try to study AU Ner'zhul's notes on dark magic (the quests Shadowy Secrets and Secrets of Soulbinding) in an attempt to unlock the secrets of the frozen throne, and perhaps free Bolvar from being the lich king.

While we don't know the results of this, it could theoretically be possible that he attempted to use this, and it ended up corrupting Bolvar. Perhaps he ended up binding AU Ner'zhul's soul to Bolvar, and they're now fighting for dominance, resulting in the characterization we're now seeing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    They didn't retcon him. He's just as canon as always. He's, like they've said, "out doing important stuff"
    As Jania's love slave...

yeah, the idea is that he's totally consumed by a battle of wills with ner'zhul, right? (or, maybe just with trying to resist the helmet)

it would be kinda cool if a big scourge army showed up at the end of Legion to fight for azeroth though; some of the scourge were obviously intelligent and you assume they'd rather not be incinerated