Ideal path for leveling frost artifact

Thoughts? Really rather not go fire

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, going Fire is what we may have to do.

I feel your pain though, Frost plays the way I want a spec to play AND it has an utterly amazing looking artifact but barring a pre-patch balancing we will have to wait for the traditional 'oops, we boobed' adjustments that occur after the game has launched. You know, when they nerf what everyone was telling them was too strong and buff what everyone was saying was too weak.

Of course by that time we could have half of felo'melorn unlocked and be decked out in crit gear.

But ranting aside, if I was to level ebonchill here is how I would go.

Shattering bolts to begin with. Head left along the path to let it go, ice nine and shield of alodi.

Pick up Black Ice, the gold medal talent,

Put three points into frozen veins in the centre of the tree. From here on, it gets to be a personal choice.

My personal goal will be to unlock Icy Hand to get that extra charge of FoF so i'll take Icy Caress next, then Icy Hand.

I'll pick up Jouster, then the Gold medal talent It's cold outside (there's no kind of atmosphere. I'm all alone...more or less and then Chain reaction, a one pointer that can empower ice lance.

Back towards the top, clarity of thought, Ice Age and then the final gold medal talent Chilled to the Core.

Orbital Strike and the Storm Rages will be my final choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd do the same as Obelisk except I'd pick up Ice age right after frozen veins, I feel that +20% damage is much too important to delay, even if Icy hand / chain reaction are really nice to have.

You mean Chilled to the Core after Frozen Veins.

I have thought about it and my plan was to follow what Obelisk laid out to Icy Hand, after that it will be tough, go for Chilled to the Core or go for It's Cold Outside.

It's Cold Outside bumps your Elemental water bolt damage and gives it 5% shot to generate a FoF proc, and you are 1 point from Chain Reaction. Versus, if I go Icy Hand as laid out the quickest way to Chilled to the Core is taking Orbital Strike and that trait is probably worst on the artifact.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Orbital Strike and the Storm Rages will be my final choices.
    I'd go Orbital Strike over Ice Age while going up to CttC, quite honestly. Orb and Flurry do about the same damage ST, and Orb's trait is better AND better for AOE.

(Let me fly, far away from here. Fun, fun, fun....)